Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Dec 2011 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! (the winner is mim) >

Dec 2011 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! (the winner is mim)

Dec 2011 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! (the winner is mim)

Old 12-18-2011, 08:15 AM

Lauriejo my chiropractor uses something called the Graston technique. I had never had anything like it done before. He takes this little metal thing and rubs it kinda hard over the spot. I hurts a little and feels good at the same time. After a coupole of treatments my feet were a lot better. After a few weeks nearly completely better. He also recommended something called the stick. www.thestick.com I was very skeptical at first but I now use it faithfully every day. MY husband and son make fun of it but I think it works wonderfully. My feet are so much better. YOu roll it kinda hard over any sore or tight spots on your body. Also great on your thighs if they are sore after a workout. For your feet you lay it on the floor roll it back and forth with your foot. Once your foot is loosened up you can do it standing up and apply more pressure. It has done wonders for my feet. I appartently have flat feet and am getting custom insoles next week to help keep them in good shape. The stick works great for anywhere on your body that is tight. I have really tight hamstrings and they are also much better. Good luck I have had foot trouble for years and they are much better. The chiropractor i went to also does custom orthotics.
I actually lost a pound last week. I did work out a lot. I went to a christmas party last night and ate OK< not good but OK. Hopefully I will maintain my weight until New Years. Then the parties will be over and I will get back on track better. Did a marathin shopping expedition yesterday. I told my husband I wasn't coming home until I was done or dead tired. I left the house at 8:00 AM and got home at 7:15. Almost finished I need some things for my 22 year old son and a $15 gift for a gift exchange. I am trying to get my DD to shop for me this week. She is home from college and unemployed.
Old 12-18-2011, 11:16 AM

I have been baking for 3 days & I am sick of it. The thought of eating this sugar turns my stomach, I guess I have changed my eating habits some afterall. Everything is in the freezer so there is no nimbling here. I did make Chex mix & I may have some of that.
Old 12-18-2011, 05:46 PM

OOPS. I missed a whole page of posting, didnt think anyone had been online today. Everyone must be busy finishing up their Christmas shopping and starting on the plans for Christmas, just one week away.

I have been battling a migraine all day. I hope it is gone in the morning so I can go to rehab. It started to develope on Friday at rehab. I don't want to miss any days if possible.
Old 12-19-2011, 05:54 AM

HI all!

I was thinking that in January I am going to buy the most beautiful fat quarter that I can something that I really really love and display it on my frig(in a plastic baggie). Then everytime I go in there I will see it and not want to give it up so I will have more incentive to stay out of the frig. At the end of the month I will either get to keep it or I will have to say goodbye and mail it to the lucky winner.

lisa
Old 12-19-2011, 05:55 AM

Not a good week - I am up so I thought I would look for motivational quotes to spur me on til the end of a very tempting month. My favorite is Nothing tastes as good as thin feels. I am going to tape it to the refrigerator. Then I saw this one and liked it too - The tragedy in life doesn't lie in not reaching your goal. The tragedy lies in having no goal to reach.

- Benjamin Mays

Here are some others I found and thought might help:

David Viscott: You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be.
you will remain the same.... until the pain of remaining the same is greater than the pain of change!

"You must make a change ,to see a change" - unknown

"Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going." - unknown author

"There’s a difference between interest and commitment. When you’re interested in doing something, you do it only when it’s convenient. When you’re committed to something, you accept no excuses; only results." - Kenneth Bianchard

The happiness you feel while eating starts and ends in your mouth. The happiness you get from being healthy starts and never ends.
Elie Wiesel

Ultimately, the only power to which man should aspire is that which he exercises over himself.

Let's gather some of our favorites and post them. I think I will type some up and put them in places such as the kitchen, on a mirror, in the car.

Have a successful week, I am.
Old 12-19-2011, 06:19 AM

I am down 3 lbs! It's a Christmas Miracle!
Old 12-19-2011, 08:25 AM

Pam H-congratulations! That is a Christmas Wonder for sure
Murphy1-love the quotes, I think "You must make a change to see a change is my fav for now."
Lisa, that FQ idea on the fridge is a good plan. I am a visual person and that would motivate me.
Cindy, I hope your migraine is better.

No extra snacking will give better weight loss results. See if you can limit yourself to one snack a day.
Old 12-19-2011, 01:11 PM

Taboo Tuesday

Yes, I know it's early but in case I don't get here tomorrow I thought I would post it today....feel feel to not start untol tomorrow tho!

This week's taboo is mixed drinks. Let's avoid those empty calories & enjoy each other, not the booze. I know everyone is super busy with shopping & wrapping & baking & hopefully loved ones coming into town ( my son & DIL!!! who I only get to see about twice a year ) but remember you are important and worth all of the efford to get healthy.
Old 12-19-2011, 08:50 PM

i lost 4 oz! see, i told you they're important!! also, I WON! THE PIF#8. I AM OFFERING A 1930'S CRAZY QUILT TOP MADE BY MY GRANDMOTHER. AUTHENTIC COUNTRY QUILT, MADE IN VERMONT! 13TH ENTRY WINS IT!!
Old 12-20-2011, 02:36 AM

let's see.... guess who this is! she's 3 months old here, and 4 months old in real time.
Attached Thumbnails 381806_10150419013956686_632856685_8686150_1205938820_n.jpg