2015 Fabric Moratorium

Old 10-22-2015, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter View Post
Oh my stars - I got a tyvek envelope in the mail today from SueD and it is literally round. Not sure how she managed to stuff it so full AND manage to tape it shut. lol I will open it later in my sewing room. Odds are, there will be an explosion. Thank you thank you thank you.
Was it a small explosion? Stripin' all over the place. Whoops, I meant strips all over the place! LOL Hope there are some that you can use. If not pass them on. When I got back from the PO I discovered the note I had written to you. That's what happens when you get in a hurry! Can't wait to see your quilt top. If I didn't have half a dozen WIP (works in progress) I would be seriously tempted to do this one too. But I must finish up first what I have going on first! Hope you enjoy them.
Old 10-22-2015, 08:00 AM

Using just my stash I started my first log cabin quilt. It will be for DH as a Christmas present now to hide it from him. Its a little distinctive as its his favorite football team fabric. Hard to hide that!yesterday he came up early and I sat on the two blocks to hide them hehehehe
Old 10-22-2015, 08:45 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by dottie dodge View Post
Was it a small explosion? Stripin' all over the place. Whoops, I meant strips all over the place! LOL Hope there are some that you can use. If not pass them on. When I got back from the PO I discovered the note I had written to you. That's what happens when you get in a hurry! Can't wait to see your quilt top. If I didn't have half a dozen WIP (works in progress) I would be seriously tempted to do this one too. But I must finish up first what I have going on first! Hope you enjoy them.
R U KIDDING ME?! You totally made my day (and week - heck, the whole month). My jaw dropped when I saw that package and you rolled them all up. I was downright giddy! They fit PERFECTLY with my stash. Anything I don't use goes in the scrap bag for my friend Joann. I will see her in November at a retreat. She does leaders and enders projects and loves to get other people's scrap bits. She'll be tickled pink. THANK YOU SO SO MUCH!
Old 10-22-2015, 08:46 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Altairss View Post
I sat on the two blocks to hide them hehehehe
That's clever. Bet he will be jazzed.
Old 10-22-2015, 07:56 PM

My life is still crazy busy but so glad to see everyone with bumps and bruises but climbing back on the wagon. As this year winds down, I keep making the vow that no more fabric for me in the coming year. I need to finish UFO's, as all of you do and use some of what I have before buying more.
An update on Linda (Brat). http://www.quiltingboard.com/persona...t-t270993.html
See there might be a new member or two and folks here are sharing their largess with others in need. That tickles my heart. Martina, you have a keeper of a hubby that is for sure. This is short but trying to keep a little pinky finger on the QB. Maybe in a month, things will slow down and I can read and post more. Hang on everyone..and stay on the wagon. Also...keep away from those quilting bargains...nah...I can't say that. Bargains are good!
Old 10-23-2015, 04:55 AM

I fell off the wagon a little bit yesterday. Went to a thrift store and bought beads, a strip of faux fur, and 3 bags of cut up fabric scraps for $1 a bag.
Old 10-23-2015, 10:32 AM
Power Poster

sewred, that didn't even earn you a scraped knee.
Old 10-23-2015, 11:07 AM

MadQuilter that's funny!
Old 10-23-2015, 03:20 PM
Power Poster

Lol....been at my job 3 weeks..Tuesday was the first fabric I bought, but it's for my 12 yo GD...she saw a Nancy Ziemen show on Column quilts and wants to make one...ordered the book..now to see how much she needs for the background..What fun to have her want to do this. Will make a great 4-H exhibit for her..
Old 10-23-2015, 03:55 PM

I'm amazed at how long it's been since I bought any fabric. The last fabric I bought was with a gift certificate I won at the fair for my wall hanging, Cherry Blossoms. That was over a year ago. I've moved since then. It was just down the hall but I went from 1 bedroom to 2 and I have a sewing room back. I've actually given away tons of stuff out of my sewing room. I went thru my fabric with a plan in mind and if a fabric didn't fit in somehow I either sold it gave it away. I pared it down to what I really am likely to use. I still have plenty mind you.