2016 Fabric Moratorium

Old 03-09-2016, 01:35 PM

that is fabulous. I love it. What a great pattern.
Old 03-09-2016, 01:52 PM
Power Poster

LOL, Veinurse....why? At the LQS a gal brought in a finished center. She had trouble with the striped inner border and chose a red/paler red batik instead and will bind it with the batik. Also she made it a row of squares longer on both the top and bottom. She is choosing not to scallop the 7" finished border. This was a free pattern from AA called Alice's Looking Glass. I think the embroidered squares were 6" finished with he 4P using 3 1/2" cuts. The inner border was 2 1/2" cut. I haven't been able to find the pattern, only Pinterest sites. On her web page are these flowers in a heart that also finish 6" square that could be substituted

http://alexandersonquilts.com/redwork-garden/

Opps...Oh I just read about the little lambs you have already done.

Hope this helps

I just saw a post on Alice's Looking Glass Blog from Veinurse....am assuming it's you...did you get any feedback?

Last edited by oksewglad; 03-09-2016 at 01:57 PM.
Old 03-10-2016, 05:56 AM

On Monday I did buy a few small pieces of batik fabric. Hubby has asked me to make wall hanging of a Tree of Life, this one will look like a tree, not be the traditional 1/2 square triangles, and to make it as he wanted it, I decided to make it a stained glass wall hanging. I thought it would look best with batiks because I have so many in my stash. Unfortunately, I didn't have enough of the right colors. I bought only up to a 1/2 yard of the ones I needed.

Hubby plans to give the quilt to the Cancer Care Center because they've treated him so well and he's very close to remission. He loves the Tree of Life symbol and he hopes others being treated will find it comforting.
Old 03-11-2016, 06:03 AM
Power Poster

Mitch's Gram, sounds like it's going to be a wonderful wall hanging for a great cause! Hope you can post a photo of the finished product.
Old 03-11-2016, 07:56 AM
Power Poster

I love reading what everyone is up to. My hubby brought in a HUGE box of "fabric" someone had sorted out in their move. Why do people think that a quilter is the repository for ALL fabric? I KNOW she meant well. sigh! This particular batch is all satin, rayon, and who-knows-what. Me thinks it will go to Goodwill.
Old 03-11-2016, 07:59 AM

[QUOTE=lynnie;7489290]happy lab, please get yourself to a dr. right away. let him know your symptoms of not "IN THE MOOD" to buy fabric. He'll send you out to buy at least 1/4 yard of fabric. You'll feel much better then.

After I laughed for several minutes, I decided you are right. I need to buy some more fabric. I need some background fabrics for my numerous scrappy quilts I plan to make this year. Oh I forgot, this is a thread we are restraining from buying fabric. I guess I will buy when I actually start to work on the scrap tops. I really do need to complete several tops first. Oh that's another thread (UFO). LOL Again thank-you for the early morning laugh.
Old 03-11-2016, 08:01 AM
Power Poster

Martina do you know someone who's making Alzheimer's fidget quilts? They may like to use that slippery textured fabric for those projects.
Old 03-11-2016, 08:02 AM
Power Poster

[QUOTE=happylab;7491113]
Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
happy lab, please get yourself to a dr. right away. let him know your symptoms of not "IN THE MOOD" to buy fabric. He'll send you out to buy at least 1/4 yard of fabric. You'll feel much better then.

After I laughed for several minutes, I decided you are right. I need to buy some more fabric. I need some background fabrics for my numerous scrappy quilts I plan to make this year. Oh I forgot, this is a thread we are restraining from buying fabric. I guess I will buy when I actually start to work on the scrap tops. I really do need to complete several tops first. Oh that's another thread (UFO). LOL Again thank-you for the early morning laugh.
Too funny happylab. I feel for you...let's see how many scrappy quilts have I been thinking of?....no wait...how a many I've started?...no wait....how many flimsies I have to quilt

Last edited by oksewglad; 03-11-2016 at 08:06 AM.
Old 03-11-2016, 05:11 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
Martina do you know someone who's making Alzheimer's fidget quilts? They may like to use that slippery textured fabric for those projects.
Good point. I'll sort it out and take it to the guild meeting.
Old 03-12-2016, 03:36 PM

using 4 fabrics for the next pet BOM challenge at my quilt club. Yay!