2016 Fabric Moratorium

Old 01-04-2016, 07:56 AM

Oh yes....I'm in! I have started a project of cutting leftover fabric into squares and storing in bins by color. I also have an abundance of fat quarters as well as yardage that is folded onto plastic forms. I love looking at the colors; I call them my "crayons". I've already started using up some stash. I have a pattern called "Radiance" and so far I have plenty of options to fill the required colors except for a light sashing, which I found a bargain on last week. I try to keep a pretty good amount of white and beige on hand, but I managed to deplete that in finishing Christmas projects. So, I'm set and ready to "shop my stash" for the next several months. Good Luck to everyone on this effort!
Old 01-04-2016, 08:36 AM

I'm in for another year. I did not spend every month like I had in the past. I spent when I had planned to spend last year. Retreats, Bus trips, to finish projects. But this year, I will try to use from my stash 1st. I have several projects planned for this year. I already made a KC Royals quilt top from my stash scraps. I think I have enough fabric to complete the backing as well. I'll know next week when I try to quilt it. I will post projects as I complete them. Back to sewing. Have fun going through you stash and sewing & quilting everyone. And happy new year!!!
Old 01-04-2016, 09:26 AM
Banned

I really HOPE to be able to keep up with doing this.
HOPEFULLY as I am able to get my new shelves filled up it will
become easier for me to see what is in my stash.
Old 01-04-2016, 12:08 PM

I went to Joanns today. I needed batting and a backing and bought no other fabric!! YEAH me. It called and called but I did not answer. And with the 50% off I still did not answer. Now to get my 4 UFO's sandwiched (UGH)
Old 01-04-2016, 01:15 PM

LOL!! Calla!! You described me perfectly!! You are my "Fabric" sister!! and yes! I supported 2 LQS and some in Michigan last year!!

OMG!! I really have to jump in on this!! I started cleaning out a few closets and (cough, cough ...) the basement!

Ohhh dear!! Yes I know... There is no room anywhere and I can't find anything I'm looking for!! I am finding stuff that I had loved years ago when I bought it but I had forgot about it as I stashed it! - not much goes together but I should do something!! I will never use all the fabric that I have!!

I have creative ideas when I see the latest and the greatest fabric and patterns - I buy them! and then real life takes over and my time gets lost outside the sewing room!

Soooooo.. Here I am - signing up before I drown in fabric and DH rents a big bin to toss everything!! I will only buy what I need.. (LOL!! that's a big statement!! ) ... and must get some projects finished and get some started to reduce the stash and get some space back!! ..... snicker!snicker... so I can get the latest and the greatest next year!! ... well maybe in a few years.... .... or maybe when I ...... gosh! I am really bad!!

Ok... I will try really hard!! Thank you in advance for the support!!
Old 01-04-2016, 06:59 PM

I am in again! Shopping the stash, shopping the stash, shopping the stash...
Old 01-05-2016, 04:18 AM

Taking the car in to be worked on today. So I'm using my JoAnn's 50% off coupon. I'm buying batting for one of my UFOs. So if I come home without any fabric I'm golden for today. Wish me luck.
Old 01-05-2016, 10:39 AM

I know it's only January 5......but I am being a good girl, no matter how much those daily deals call to me at Missouri Star Quilt Company!! I have one baby quilt almost finished (from my stash) another one almost cut out (from my stash) and 2 more baby quilts I need to make after that (gonna use the same fabrics as the other 2) Two sets of twins from two different places so it won't matter that they will be the same! I figure the only thing I will need to purchase is batting and backing as I usually only get those after I have done a quilt top.
Old 01-05-2016, 12:10 PM

I'm joining this challenge! My motto is going to be "Use it up, make it do or do without"! I will not buy...I will not buy...I will not buy...I will not buy Only 360 days left in the year. LOL
Old 01-05-2016, 12:28 PM

361 sorry to say.

I did get fabric today but it's to make pockets for the silverware so it doesn't tarnish so fast. So as long as I make the pockets this year I don't have to put the 3/4 yard on the list. The raggedy brick quilt is all stash from the quilt club stash so I'm doing a good thing there.