Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

Old 08-27-2017, 10:43 AM

Bev - I am worried about you in Brady. Please let us know that you are ok!
Old 08-27-2017, 01:25 PM

I just realized that I haven't talked much here. LOL A lot has happened. (Not much from Harvey though. Just some clouds & a li'le bit o' rain yesterday morning. OH & the temps dropped! )

The window guys finished up on Friday. Now I did tell 'em not to paint the windows on the inside as I can do that. I think it helped him decide to lower the price. He decided ot charge us by the day instead of the window. It was about $700 less that way. We will be hiring him again for other stuff.

I did get 3 coats of paint on the baseboards & door-frames. Yesterday when I took the tape off the walls, well in some places, it took off some of the old tape from when it was tape & bedded in the 60's. Most of the places were very small but 3 were good size. I had to touch up paint in those places yesterday.

I have decided not to paint the window in the dinning room till the new windows are painted. We did go to the store yesterday & bought some more blinds for the windows as only my old bedroom window blinds fit now. Today we put 'em up. We won't put the curtains/drapes back till I paint 'em but I needed to have blinds up. I will also take the blinds back down as I paint each pair of windows.

Old 08-27-2017, 01:34 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue View Post
My eues will ge fixed later rather than sooner....dd says its an inconvenience to help me after all. So be it.
Sorry Sue... hope she changes her mind.

Glad you are ok, Bev. You put me to shame with your painting! Our house interior has needed painting for a long time. We've done most of the upstairs (when the kids were here) but not downstairs. I just keep procrastinating and making quilts instead!

Last edited by sewbizgirl; 08-27-2017 at 01:45 PM.
Old 08-28-2017, 06:00 AM

I am happy about how the dinning room looks. I can't believe that it took me all summer to get it painted. Just too many things going on that kept me outta that room. (Like DD moving in then out.)

I am concerned about some of my family in the Houston area. So far they are high & dry. If all the people that I have told could come here do, well we are gonna be wall to wall people. However DD & I have been talking about how we can set up air mattresses in both houses. Her pastor also said to contact him for help w/food, clothing, & even housing if needed.
Old 08-28-2017, 10:30 AM

Bev - the flooding is just so devastating! They say that people cannot even get out of Houston! I am glad that your family members there are safe so far. They are saying another 20" of rain coming their way! I just want to cry watching all the newscasts. I am so glad you are safe!
Old 08-29-2017, 01:57 PM

Good news for Houston, the 'eye' of the storm is moving at 8 miles per hour toward LA. So happy DS is on the; NW side of Houston and doing fine. numbers keep increasing that have been moved e because of rising water. Some may not be able to move back for six to twelve months. So sad for them.

Quilter 65 has come to my rescue again...she is taking me to Des Monies for my eye surgery on the 18th of September...neither one of us wants to stop at a quilt store...that is a new record for the road trips. Hoping it does help as much as they say. Until then, I will be writing in bold print so I can see it...and I may miss spell words too.
Old 08-29-2017, 02:59 PM

Great news for you son QNS! The news said a lot of people did not have flood insurance, so sad! In CA if you are in a flood zone, you have to purchase flood insurance.

Wonderful that you got a ride for your eye surgery! Bet you cannot wait to have it done.
Old 08-29-2017, 04:04 PM
Power Poster

Good news for the eye surgery, QNS! And I'm glad your son is ok. That state will be messed up for a long time.

By midnight tonight, Harvey hits Lake Charles LA, the area where my husband's family is. Right on the 12th anniversary of Katrina. Then the storm is coming our way by Thursday, and on to Memphis Friday (where all our kids live). It's already been rainy and gloomy for two days here (central MS) but today the wind started picking up. Hope we don't lose our power... or any more trees!
Old 08-29-2017, 05:41 PM

Prayers coming your way SBG! Hope it slows down a lot before it hits you.
Old 08-29-2017, 06:40 PM

DD changed my mind about painting the dining room window. She & I got the window in the dinning room painted today. The whole room is painted! Now DH & I are headed to Midland tomarrow so I am not gonna get the room set back up. I am thrilled that all the painting is done!