Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

Old 10-05-2016, 06:28 PM

grannyQ, I don't know what to say. {{{grannyQ}}} That's a lot to survive. It's a blessing to have your children...

I agree with JuneBillie, I like to go from one project to another. I'm working some days on my Carolina crossroads, some days on the Hunter's Star, and still thinking about the FW blocks and how many more I want to do for that top...

Working on a baby quilt with my sister this week, and I've been buying a ton of yarn for an afghan that I'm crocheting for my son's birthday. I haven't crocheted in years and it's fun to do again. :-)

SBG, how did the craft sale go? Did you sell most of what you brought, or is another sale in the future?
Old 10-05-2016, 07:16 PM

Oh Bev, so sorry to hear about your DM surgery. That sounds like an awful adjustment for her to get use to.

Givio, I admire that you can crochet! I can knit, but for some reason when I tried to learn to crochet, all my loops were a different size, never could get the hang of it. LOL

SBG - looking forward to my boxes too!
Old 10-05-2016, 08:25 PM
Power Poster

Whatever the trouble, whatever the heart break, we do get through it all...not always easy, but we survive...prayers for you all.

Just pout the last stitch on the binding of the falls fall wall hanging...have the other one ready to sew binding down...Will be a road trip project tomorrow...night all
Old 10-05-2016, 10:16 PM
Power Poster

So Bev, will your mother then have an ostomy? No colon left at all? My hubby had about 1/3 of his colon removed because it had gangrene (!!!) and he had an ostomy for several months while the rest of his colon healed. Then they put him back together and now he has no more ostomy... all closed back up.

The ostomy takes a little getting used to but at least it gives you a way to live. Hope your mom recovers well.
Old 10-05-2016, 10:19 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by givio View Post

SBG, how did the craft sale go? Did you sell most of what you brought, or is another sale in the future?
Two more sales are in the future... Oct. 15 and Dec. 3. I did really well on sales but still have a good sized inventory left. I was happy to sell 4 quilts that day, and many smaller items too. Thanks for asking!
Old 10-06-2016, 05:52 PM

Glad to hear of your success, SBG and that you received your box.

Thanky you Jeanie, for letting me know your boxes arrived.

Edge of big storm hitting us tonight. Praying for those in the path of the Hurricane.
Old 10-06-2016, 07:42 PM
Power Poster

Florida is really being hit hard right now. We are 3 states west of FL and no storm effects are expected here. Not even rain! And we need it so badly. Hope all our Florida friends and family are safe and sound.
Old 10-06-2016, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
So Bev, will your mother then have an ostomy? No colon left at all? My hubby had about 1/3 of his colon removed because it had gangrene (!!!) and he had an ostomy for several months while the rest of his colon healed. Then they put him back together and now he has no more ostomy... all closed back up.

The ostomy takes a little getting used to but at least it gives you a way to live. Hope your mom recovers well.
She has an ileostomy & it is permanent. She will have to deal w/the pouch for the rest of her life but it is better than her life has been for the last 10 years. Never knowing when her bowels were gonna go off on her, & no more of that pain either. I personally wish they had done this years ago.
Old 10-06-2016, 08:43 PM

I am praying for those that are in the path of Matthew!
Old 10-06-2016, 08:51 PM
Power Poster

An ostomy is not the end of the world. One thing to think about tho... without a colon the "timed release" medicines work different. They don't "time release" unless you have a colon. I have a friend who has a permanent ostomy due to ulcerative colitis when she was only in her 20's... that's how I know about the meds. A few things are different but you can certainly live with it. I hope your mom does well and keeps her chin up.