2017 Fabric Moratorium

Old 01-14-2017, 08:04 PM
Power Poster

I know what you mean Leta...there comes a point when enough is enough....I hate it when chaos reigns...

Welcome Sophie2....wow you'll have great curtains at a great price...

Keep up the good work of getting fabric gone, Connie...

Thanks, All2pieces, I really like sewing 9P's...these I had laid out in groups of 9 and chain stitched 3 pairs of 1 block and 3 pairs of a second block, then sewed the 3rd squares onto the first block...chain stitching the whole time...soon you have a block done...it's rather addicting and for the most part mindless sewing when you don't want to think...I'm down to the last diagonal strip, then need to put this aside because life/work is getting in the way...darn......
Old 01-14-2017, 08:37 PM

Connecting Threads got me. I surrender to the fall. I spent a couple hundred dollars. But I Needed batting, (on sale) I Needed pillow forms (3 of them) Bonnie Hunters Addicted to Scraps Book (40% off) and her new ruler (20% off), a bundle of fat quarters (50% off), I'm doing a sew along with Beaquilter using the Accuquilt Go Qube and the new fat quarters would be perfect for that venture. And I succumbed to a quilt kit (50% off). Is this like a confessional? I feel like it. I really haven't bought fabric in a looong time. Ahhhh I hit the ground with a bang.
Old 01-15-2017, 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
The Estate Sale. This was a real quilter. Big studio. I spent $40 and got three Joann bags crammed with fabric, spools of thread for piecing, two needle threaders, and a Kaffee Fassett book. Lots of yardage, all good quality. And a pile of scraps. This will not be a new acquisition of fabric, but a swap. I am going to return the fabric I purchased at the end of December. Money saved and so I'm not considering it to be an acquisition. Besides, I needed tiny print fabrics because I don't have any. The end. Here are pix of some of it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]565631[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]565632[/ATTACH]
Wonderful wonderful value you have there, so happy for you. And in case you want to know the hand....its mine, I'm petting your fabric from here, nice nice.
Old 01-15-2017, 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by Rhonda Lee View Post
Connecting Threads got me. I surrender to the fall. I spent a couple hundred dollars. But I Needed batting, (on sale) I Needed pillow forms (3 of them) Bonnie Hunters Addicted to Scraps Book (40% off) and her new ruler (20% off), a bundle of fat quarters (50% off), I'm doing a sew along with Beaquilter using the Accuquilt Go Qube and the new fat quarters would be perfect for that venture. And I succumbed to a quilt kit (50% off). Is this like a confessional? I feel like it. I really haven't bought fabric in a looong time. Ahhhh I hit the ground with a bang.
Looks to me the only thing that counts in this is the fat quarters. The quilt kit...I imagine it has fabric in it, so that counts too I guess but everything else is just go alongs, so I have been told, lol.
Old 01-15-2017, 05:40 AM

Okay so here I go again, asking for safety sake. It has now been 15 days and I haven't bought material so far....anywhere. Well, what if.......I bought sheets or curtains at a thrift store and cut that up for material on a project....or for any reason as far as that goes, does that count towards buying material? Yup...its me again, trying to find ways around this. I guess its still material. On to more stash digging, lol.
Old 01-15-2017, 05:59 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Rhonda Lee View Post
Connecting Threads got me... Bonnie Hunters Addicted to Scraps Book (40% off)...
Wait, what? Books are on sale at CT? Ohh, I've been deleting their emails without opening... might need to go and just look. Rationalization: I need patterns to use up my stash.
Old 01-15-2017, 10:19 AM

AngelAnne- I think buying thrift store fabric still counts as buying fabric, unless you need it to complete a project then it's fair game

Ronda Lee- here's a hand back up on the wagon

Rob
Old 01-15-2017, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by rryder View Post
AngelAnne- I think buying thrift store fabric still counts as buying fabric, unless you need it to complete a project then it's fair game

Ronda Lee- here's a hand back up on the wagon

Rob
Let's face it, doesn't matter if it is sheets you cut up, or curtains that are cut up, fabric is fabric. Thanks Rob.
Old 01-15-2017, 12:20 PM
Power Poster

I spent 2 hours at Joann yesterday with my GF. She is going to make baby quilts. I got to help pick out fabric, pet LOTS of fabric, decide on the amounts she needed AND took NOTHING home. YAY! My GF on the other hand spent $140 and some of the amounts went from "I need 1 yard" to "oh heck, I'll take 2 yars" lol. I might have created a monster.

When we were auditing fabric, a lady asked for help. She was an unsure quilter who got stuck on backing. So I got to help her too.
Old 01-15-2017, 02:05 PM

I love all the stories of conquering heroes and those who slipped off the wagon. OK, in one case jumped off feet first. But the wagon is always here and helping hands to pull you back up. Last year I took my birthday exemption three months early when Hancocks closed down. $100.00 and 50 yards later.... But I climbed back on, and that to me is the important thing.

15 days into the new year and I'm fabric purchase free. Was tempted last week but decided not to even darken the doorway of JoAnns.