Pony Club Thread 3

Old 04-11-2021, 09:09 AM
Power Poster

Good to see you back on, QNS. I've started Intermittent Fasting. My daughter has lost a lot of weight that way. You only eat during a certain "window" of your choosing every day. My window is noon to 6pm. So far, it's been doable. You can eat whatever you want, but of course you will have best results if you stick to protein and veggies, primarily. Not carbs.
Old 04-12-2021, 06:57 AM

Thanks everyone for the welcome back. Getting my password again was very trying, but I did not give up, I wanted back to hear from all of you again. Its better than Christmas.

SBG, not sure I could avoid Carbs. Would like to find the foods that eats fat, the bad fat in my body. Of course, when I give up cherry Cola, I lose 8 to 10 lobs within a month to six weeks. I eat twice a day, breakfast and mid-afternoon.
Old 04-19-2021, 08:17 PM
Power Poster

Default Hello Everyone!

I know I haven't been here in a long time. You may not remember me.

II haven't even been sewing except for a few masks. My health has been getting worse, but thankfully I haven't had the virus. I have been having lots of tests. I am now having to eat only diabetic friendly foods. I am fine with it. I am losing some weight.

I use to be out this time of year doing some minor planting, but I am not up to that unless it's a hanging basket. I do have 2 plants on a table next to me. A heart Rhodadenrin and a prayer plant. But, always time with my dear husband, our two fur kids, and most of all God. I do deep bible study as I can. It gives me such peace and joy.

I enjoyed looking on the board tonight, and reading up a bit on all you ladies on here. I am always thinking of you. I tend to forget more these days, and had a mini stroke about a month ago. Take care, and I will be around.
Susan

Last edited by JuneBillie; 04-19-2021 at 08:25 PM.
Old 04-19-2021, 09:19 PM

So glad to hear from you JuneBillie!

I know I have slowed down also, but that is okay, as I just turned 79 this month. I still enjoy my quilting hobby, and read a lot also.

I have some lettuce planted, actually it planted itself, as it went to seed last year! LOL But we are enjoying it immensely! I just planted a green zucchini, and a yellow squash. I was looking for the burpless cucumber plant, but could not find it at Home Depot where I picked up the other ones. I also want to get another Super Sweet100 red cherry tomato plant. The one I have now I planted last fall, but it is almost done! They are so good!

I hope you come back again soon!

Old 04-20-2021, 03:39 AM

Hello Ladies! Just thought I would check in too. Good to see a little chatting here again. I only randomly get emails saying there are new messages in my saved threads so I have to try to remember to get on and check them out. I started a new direct sales biz late last June and it has been much more successful than I expected meaning it keeps me pretty busy. I am getting to the point now where I have more of a routine with my MIL, family and biz which means more regular times sewing! I really hope to get some projects finished this year.

My first goal is to sandwich/quilt a top I finished for my nephew. I need to mail out in May to VA. I should have time at least to get it sandwiched today...but also have to do 3 live videos (in my parties) and have 1 zoom meeting. So we'll see how it goes. I usually have my daughter here to help with sandwiching so will be getting creative there!

Old 04-20-2021, 08:56 AM

Love the chatter here. Good hearing from you, JuneBillie. I turn 79 in September, and my body tells me that I am no longer a Spring Chicken. But I am determined to quilt more this year, after spring cleaning. Cleaned up the Great Room today, will mop tomorrow, now that the floor is clear and dinning room table is clear...wanted to do that all winter long. Have Tiger lilies and Asiatic lilies to plant, ( Five and six of each) dh has planted our new rhubarb and 3 red gooseberry bushes. It snowed last night about 3 inches and will dip down to 27 degrees again tonight. Peonies were budded for bloom, so not sure how it will go with them. Need to clear out more in the quilt room too...too many things in there, books and fabric. One step at a time.
Old 04-20-2021, 09:43 AM
Power Poster

Hello Susan! So good to hear from you... Very sorry to hear that you had a stroke and I hope you are recovering well from that.

We have been busy trying to find a house to buy in Memphis, to be closer to one of the grandbabies. I've about given up. My son, who is a realtor, says it's the worst time to buy a house right now, and I believe he's right. I have pretty much given up.

Our beautiful Spring weather is here. It smells wonderful outside and we have had temps in the 60s. Makes you want to be outside doing something.

Take care everyone!
Old 04-23-2021, 07:34 PM

I too have been very busy. Mostly working on sewing machines. We planted our garden in raised beds. We did that about a couple of weeks ago. I am pleased to say that most everything has come up.
Old 04-30-2021, 07:08 PM

Good to find news from you all. :-)

I'm looking forward to Spring. We've had some warm days. And some sunshine and blue skies. In MI we have lots of cloudy days because of being in the middle of the great lakes, I believe they cause it. I planted cherry tomato seeds and morning glories this winter. Soon it will be time to plant my seedlings outdoors. I will give most of them away. Some friends at work liked my seedlings last year, and my sisters and sons used some too.
Old 05-01-2021, 06:53 AM

DH thinks I have enough flowers for this year...he wants to do some other work! (Like on the computer and watch movies!) Four rose plants are due in this week, and more lily bulbs...12 more to come in this week too. Bought a new hose, heavy duty, and spray nozzle and fertilizer, blood meal for the bulbs. Neighbor said they would like some rhubarb from our garden but not enough to share yet. Maybe next year if the new patch grows. Have cleaned up the living room area or great room so some progress is made on cleaning house. And I am fixing more meals for us daily. DH has three different doctor appointments this month, so will have to travel a few days. Maybe I will try to sew some, maybe.