Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap >

2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap

2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap

Old 03-03-2021, 10:22 PM
Power Poster

Travelinggramma, thoughts and prayers go with you on this trip. I hope the happy memories of your mom surround you.

Macybaby, glad you found a good use for your 450 neutral squares. Be sure and show us the rose quilt top when you get it together!

Tinas3, thanks for the well wishes. As Ibex said, come and visit with us from time to time.
Old 03-03-2021, 11:29 PM

1. I would be the lady in shorts and a t-shirt walking down the street pushing my wheeled walker. I just had a total knee replacement. My newest quilting kitty Harley, a brown Maine coon kitten, would be in tow. Harley joins Louis and Benny, both orange tabbies. I think of Harley as Nermal with 2 Garfields (Louis and Benny).
2. Patrick is my son. After having him, I was no longer "Sheri." My identity was connected to him, thus, "Patrick's Mom." When I went to his school for conferences, I always wrote "Patrick's Mom" on my name tag. It drove him crazy, but the teachers always knew who I was.
3. My given name is Sheryl. I was born in the 60's when nicknames were all the rage. When my parents called me by my real name and middle name, I knew I was in trouble. I swore when I had a child of my own, I would call him by his given name, and not a nickname. It is a lot less confusing legally and professionally.
4. My first quilt was made with 6 inch denim squares
cut from old jeans using a cardboard template to trace around and cutting them out with scissors. That was 1978. I still have the quilt. Someday I will figure out how to post pictures...
5. Oldest UFO is a stack and wack quilt which is nearly done. Started in 1997. I hate matching all those triangle points. Maybe someday...
6. I don't believe I have ever seen the King and I. I did not know the answer to the question.
Old 03-04-2021, 06:19 AM

There is already a thread for the RBC in the Links section. I found the pattern while looking at the free stuff on the site.

RB BOM
Old 03-04-2021, 04:50 PM

March birthday candies are on their way and should arrive early next week.
Old 03-04-2021, 05:28 PM

NZQuilter,
Birthday candies are in the mail...
Old 03-05-2021, 06:31 AM

Default Health?

y’all said I should keep you apprised. Really glad I got all my charms packaged.

What is it with me and doctors? Your not going to believe this, I can’t believe this. Twice in the hospital since end of December and now more, grrr.

For 4 years I’ve had pain in my right foot. They x-rayed several times through the years and each time came up inflammation. Then steroid injections, NSAIDS which left me bleeding.

Finally got a podiatrist last year. She says it’s just Plantar Fasciitis and Achilles tendinitis. First I was told CAM boot -don’t move it. Then I go again after 8 weeks in the boot and she’s still saying exercise it. Finally a few weeks back I pushed the podiatrist, told her I needed an MRI and surgery for the bone Spurs. She “laughed” at me, said we were far from that. I kept pushing her for an MRI regardless. She got really huffy, she didn’t even want to give me that. Results are in and guess what? I need surgery, sounds like soon, surprise! Now they are saying terrible things about my Achilles and plantar. Bunch of big words I don’t understand so I’m attaching a photo.

Wrote to podiatrist today (she’s had the results for days- I got them from my
PCP) asking for referral to a surgeon. Hopefully one older and wiser.

Now I’m back to recovery mode, again while I’m still dealing with recovery from the last things. I’m tired, really tired of all this. After this is done we still have the “mysterious inflammation disease” of which I’ve been wrongly diagnosed. Yeah, tired, will it never end?
Old 03-05-2021, 08:13 AM

Happy Friday!!

1. If we were walking down a street, how would I/we identify you?
Most likely I would be wearing some Notre Dame gear - sweatshirt, tee shirt, coat, hat, etc

2. How did you come by your screen name?
I'm half Irish by birth and a huge Notre Dame fan. My husband went to ND and I was across the street at St Mary's College. My youngest is a senior at ND and my oldest graduated from SMC. Both were in the ND Marching Band - what fun times!!

3. What was the source of your “real” name?
I was named after my grandfather who passed before I was born.

4. What was your first quilt? Pictures if you have one.
Made around 2003 - a quilt for my niece's Baptism. It was pink/purple/white appliqued flowers. I had bought a used book called "How to Make a Quilt"! I followed it and it looked pretty good!! I think I got my first digital camera about three months after making the quilt cause I don't have a digital picture and I can't find my quilt scrapbook!

5. What is or was your oldest UFO?
About 2005 I started a Dresden flower quilt with 1930 fabrics. It actually looks pretty good but the center of the flowers called for yo-yos - those did not look good! So then I thought of big buttons, couldn't find the right size. My old machine wasn't the best at the satin stitch so applique was out. Maybe I should look at it again, since I know have a new machine and more skills.

6. What is the source of the song, “Getting to Know You, Getting to Know All About You?”
Ahh, good memories! A family friend took me into Chicago to see this play in person (around 1982?) and Yul Brenner was playing the King!!!! Truly, as a musical junky, a highlight of my life to see the actor who made this part come to life in a movie on stage!!!
Old 03-05-2021, 08:15 AM

And Wendy McDonald - -so frustrating!! I'm so proud of you being your own advocate!!! Good luck with the surgery!
Old 03-05-2021, 10:52 AM
Power Poster

Wendy, have they ruled out gout in your foot? Hang in there and think positive thoughts!
Old 03-05-2021, 04:31 PM

Irish, what a luck duck you are! You and hubby at ND and St. Mary's and then to see your kiddos in the band! My children were in high school marching band so I had 10 years of parent meetings, rehearsals, hot chocolate and running around with water bottles so no one dehydrated and fainted. Good memories.

The the cherry on the cake, Yul Brenner as the king. Good stories!

Last edited by WMUTeach; 03-05-2021 at 04:34 PM.