Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
What are we organizing today 2022 >

What are we organizing today 2022

What are we organizing today 2022

Old 07-29-2022, 07:54 AM

One thing I've discovered over the years is that no matter how well my organized studio(s) are working for me, there is always room for improvement. Does anyone ever get their space organized and never need to tweak again?

Rob
Old 07-29-2022, 10:29 AM

One time, can't remember when or how long ago, I did have my sewing room tidy. Cutting table cleared, floor vaccumed, bookcase of fat quarters tidy. Even took time to straighten stacks of fab in my "store". It looked so nice until I pulled fab for the next project.

In the long war of keeping everythink perfect, I admit defeat! lol Just wish I had a reward showing my effort.
Old 07-29-2022, 10:57 AM

I think the only real hope of lasting organization, at least for me, would be to create a "showroom" as a decoy and have a hidden studio to contain the chaos.

The hidden studio might get organized between projects or if I'm actively avoiding something else in my life and tidy as a distraction. : )
Old 07-29-2022, 11:13 AM

Respaced shelves on the shelf units. Got some totes back up and realized one unit isn’t right. Tomorrows another day. Had too many leg cramps last night from the work we did do.

they are good enough that each color/type fabric has a home. The car is back in the garage. Fabric still out has a destination tote. That’s great progress.
Old 07-29-2022, 12:51 PM

Petthefabric- that is great progress!

NotWendy- LOL- decoy studio might be just the trick!

Old 07-30-2022, 04:19 AM

My current organization solution was to ask a friend over who has a linen closet space for her stash including material for garments.That should be motivation to organize..Right? Ha!, I say. I put the pressure on! GO, Go, Go. Then I thought, "Hey, this is MY sewing space!" I will vacuum, pick up the odds and ends and dust and she can live with it. I do not have to live by her standard and likewise she doesn't need to live by mine. She works on one small quilt at a time. I work on 6 or 7 at a time. She quilts with joy and quilting is one of several hobbies, I quilt because I am driven to use fabric and to create the next pattern that catches my eye then give the quilt away. So,in the end using my friend as motivation was useless and silly. We are different quilters and still marvelous friends.

Off I go to clear off the remains of yesterday's finish and the plans for the next quilt, my friend is coming over!. Happy organization, all.
Old 07-30-2022, 04:43 PM

I have been on a clean streak today. There were fabrics that needed re-folding and put back into categories. The closet looks much better now. The ironing station is cleaned off too!
Old 08-02-2022, 05:40 AM

I'm not sure if this would classified as organizing, but today I'm going to be finishing putting up our fall decorations in the house as well as finish off the fall cleaning in my bedroom / sewing room.
Old 08-02-2022, 06:59 AM

Hi Katie, yes, that counts as organizing. Anything that improves your space counts in my book!

Rob
Old 08-03-2022, 12:40 AM

Will those of you who are so industrious with your cleaning and organising, please post pictures....I am in dire need of some motivation and inspiration!!😊 Pretty please!🌷💟