Fabric Moratorium 2022

Old 02-13-2022, 05:09 AM

Rff1010, maybe so some grace but I didn't do much in the sewing dept during those years as I had rotor cuff surgery, then had my kitchen remodeled and a sunroom added on to the back of the house. Plus I seem to be using scraps more than yardage on the quilts I have been working on. If you saw my fabric room you'd think I would be able to find the fabric for the doggie quilt. My problem was I didn't want to use my really good fabric for a dog. Sounds lame but true. Anyway, now to make use of the yardage I did purchase, get it starched, pressed and cut. Whatever might be left over I'll make some pillows or something to go with the main quilt as I'm sure I have way too many blocks for the doggie quilt. Thanks all for allowing me to slip without a face slap.
Old 02-13-2022, 07:54 AM

I agree, Snooze - there's no reason to feel guilty about a purchase that ultimately helps you to clear space in your stash :-) Great story about finding happy homes for your quilts, too!
Old 02-14-2022, 07:07 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by retiredteacher09 View Post
oksewglad: Happy to see a post from you again.

juliasb: What a great way to reduce stash! Enjoy your sister time.

One of the home sewers for our church group wondered if we had any of the precut squares left which were cut by some of our group. I gladly gave her a bunch of 9” squares I had at my house. I was able to empty 2 of the 15 quart bins (next size up from a shoebox size.) which were stuffed with the squares. Wahoo! I then proceeded to condense a shoebox bin and extra FQs into one of the bigger bins. So a bit of organizing happened also!
Thanks Connie. Unfortunately we've had other items on my time agenda. Good feeling to make some room, isn't?
Old 02-14-2022, 02:22 PM

Everyone is so conscientious in their purchasing…super job… And, after what we have been through the last couple of years and the uncertainties that lay ahead, buying something that brings you joy should not make you feel guilty….Joy should not be undervalued. I say…do what you gotta do……I am.

Recently, I lost my desire to start a big quilt project and have, instead, been working on smaller projects using up scraps. I have a few small projects kits that I started playing with. Finishing a project quickly is what I need right now so that is what I am doing. I’ve made some mini pillows that I had a kit for over the weekend and really enjoyed the project. Don’t know how long I have had this kit…lol…feels good the tackle my small kits and get them to a new home…these are going to mom... Keepin on!

Missed seeing you, oksewglad!😍
Attached Thumbnails 6bc0db9e-3995-449f-8237-4b0fffd0eeae.jpeg  

Last edited by Teen; 02-14-2022 at 02:27 PM.
Old 02-15-2022, 01:10 PM

I posted this in my I Spy Quints thread, but I would like to report a quilt that was finished without requiring any new purchases. Woo hoo! I even managed to piece up a couple of batting remnants to go inside. Here's the picture again just because I'm so glad it's done!
Attached Thumbnails img_6923.jpg  
Old 02-16-2022, 05:56 AM

That look great, Gemm!

Happy to report that I'm still staying strong, even though there have been some very tempting sales pitches that appeared in my inbox over the last couple of days.

Rob
Old 02-16-2022, 06:23 AM

Way to go, Rob! Keep it up - it's reports like this that remind the rest of us that it is possible to resist temptation! :-D
Old 02-16-2022, 10:37 AM

I'm needing aqua, maybe do some shopping.We'll see
Old 02-17-2022, 10:37 AM
Power Poster

Pleased to say I haven't bought anything in 2022. Just did our year end book work and discovered that almost 70 yards snuck in during 2021. Some to finish a wedding quilt and others to use in DGD graduation quilt. DGD#2 is still in the planning stage. Now that tax work is done hope to have more time at sewing at home.
Old 02-17-2022, 04:29 PM
Power Poster

Well, I went ahead and ordered 6 wide quilt backings today. I believe that is all I need to get all the tops I have to get quilted now.
hubby found a new quilt shop on our way yesterday to my neurologist appointment and he stopped on our way home. It’s new, small, just getting going and not somewhere I’m apt to make special trips to but it was very nice, the owner was nice. We spent quite a bit of time- my hubby seems to enjoy looking at everything. And, checking prices. Everything was reasonably priced. I didn’t purchase any fabric but did buy a pattern for a fabric basket and a bottle of Sewers Aide- which I was almost out of. It was nice to have that time. I was feeling pretty emotional after my appointment so good to have a diversion.