UFO 2023 Challenge

Old 01-15-2023, 04:51 PM

Snooze, 💗 love your mgmt.
Old 01-15-2023, 04:52 PM

Snooze2978: Congratulations on your finish. You are on a roll now. 🙂

Old 01-16-2023, 07:36 PM

I have many, many UFOs to complete. My Mom passed away in 2014 and I have several of her tops and pants that I want to make a lap quilt for each of my three sisters. It took me 2 years to cut her clothes but I did and I have one top almost done just need a border and I started on another one. So my goal is to complete each quilt by their birthday (June, August and November) or at least for Christmas. And, if it's still a bit hard then I will pick another UFO to work on and come back to the sisters' quilts.
Old 01-20-2023, 06:59 PM

Snooze, we must be sisters with another mother. This afternoon I layered three quilts from my UFO closet. I have two more ready to layer and that reduces my list to 7 unless I discover others. Now, all I need to do is wait for my machine to come back from the shop for a bit of some minor maintenance. My featherweight is too small for quilting but I can work on one of my on going projects while waiting for my Pfaff to come home. Or better yet I could make the binding for the five waiting for my attention. Watch out February, I am going to be finishing UFOs as fast as I can. Yes, I can do 5 in one month, fingers crossed.
Old 01-21-2023, 12:14 PM

Welcome new and returning members. I’m so looking forward to the progress and conversations in the next 11.5 months. So let’s keep encouraging each other. I noticed great planning, progress and motivation you all are making. Keep up the great work.

I have all of my FG squared, and in the mist of pinning and sewing 21 blocks for the r/w/blk top for my niece. Then I need to piece the 2nd block (21 more blocks). Yes, it’s a UFO. My other project I’m working on, BHMQ. I can unfortunately say I do not have a single part completed yet. I missed calculated part 1 and need to make 12 more blocks in that part. Part 2 is completely sewn, need to iron and square. Part 3 is 1/2 done and part 4 isn’t started. My goal to have this project completed by mid next month. And I have 3-4 other projects waiting in the wind after I complete these 2 projects.

i need to go, i have a baby top I need to quilt for a friend and watch the Chiefs win, (at least I hope they win). Take care and enjoy happy sewing/quilting everyone.
Old 01-22-2023, 05:42 PM

Well - I did it. Started one of the PIGs - or gleams- and took steps to moving it forward. I have a 1 yard remnant with a giant "don't cut me!" Print and many years ago i pulled fabrics for a pieced border of DNA twists. I did math and cut HSTs today. Fingers crossed that did the math right
Old 01-22-2023, 10:02 PM

Rff1010 - I really look forward to seeing what you do with this - what you're working with sounds like a lot of my larger stash pieces and I'm always looking for ideas! Fingers crossed that your math and cutting are perfect!

Originally Posted by Rff1010 View Post
Well - I did it. Started one of the PIGs - or gleams- and took steps to moving it forward. I have a 1 yard remnant with a giant "don't cut me!" Print and many years ago i pulled fabrics for a pieced border of DNA twists. I did math and cut HSTs today. Fingers crossed that did the math right
Old 01-23-2023, 12:48 PM

Default First of the new year

Hi all, I just got this back from my LAQ, it is the BOM “Color My World” center from 2021, I changed it up from the original, I made the mariners compass “concrete” shades to represent the Whirlpool Compass Fountain in our downtown next to our beach. I surrounded it in grass and flowers as ours is surrounded by grass and flowers in the summer. I also drove around town and chose fabrics representing actual colors of houses in our town, replaced the trees with different varieties of trees in our town, including one Michigan white pine, and every other tree was replaced with one of our sidewalk lights from downtown. I’m calling mine “Colors of Saint Joseph.” I’m also showing photos our our city’s fountain. Another is in the works, I’m adding flowers and leaves and a vine detail. It’s from the 1990s. I made the center Texas star and peach border in a class, but never pursued getting it quilted because it was disjointed and blah. Flowers, leaves and vine are helping. Hope to have this done this year too :-)
Attached Thumbnails 03038fa4-90b0-4add-9c9c-62f30a9fa21e.jpeg   77423605-14b9-4946-9852-821b116307c5.jpeg   ffce9cbf-0e4a-48c5-8663-d19efc178613.jpeg   9312001c-c04e-4e7d-9809-037deaacea26.jpeg  
Old 01-23-2023, 04:47 PM

Rebaquilts: Very lovely! Great adaptations to fit your town!
Old 01-24-2023, 02:50 AM

Rebaquilts, those are simply gorgeous! Great job!