Boom 30 - Autumn

Old 11-03-2023, 11:46 AM

Pretty anchor block, WMUTeach. 😀

Not a lot more blocks to be made and sent. I enjoy looking through the gallery and imagining your quilts, Autumn. Quite the lovely selection of blocks!

Working hard today on my top. Lots of sewing and sliver trimming. Here’s a picture of Cyrano helping. He looks better than actually is as he’s stopped eating again and he cannot keep the steroids down. Feels like it’s a losing battle so we’re taking it as it comes.

Hope you all have a good weekend planned. Enjoy!
Attached Thumbnails img_4663.jpeg  
Old 11-03-2023, 12:47 PM
Power Poster

Poor Cyrano. You may have your own special tricks for pills, but we wrap our dog's 2 morning pills in some stiff peanut butter. He loves to eat the PB and doesn't even notice the pills half the time.

Now, if you meant Cyrano takes his pills and then throws them up later, he may need to get the steroids by injection.
Old 11-03-2023, 01:39 PM

It’s the latter. He’s on a special diet now and since he’s impossible to pill, we tried crushing them in food. He sniffed it out and now refuses his new food. Hoping when he realizes there’s no med in the food, he’ll begin eating it again. He’s got extreme intestinal issues and cannot eat anything other than his new diet for the foreseeable future. He’s hungry and sniffing around it so my hope is he’ll break down and eat tonight. He’s got many problems, we seem to get one under control and another flares up. He’s not a happy camper.
Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Poor Cyrano. You may have your own special tricks for pills, but we wrap our dog's 2 morning pills in some stiff peanut butter. He loves to eat the PB and doesn't even notice the pills half the time.

Now, if you meant Cyrano takes his pills and then throws them up later, he may need to get the steroids by injection.
Old 11-03-2023, 04:55 PM
Power Poster

The poor kitty cat. Life's not being kind to him right now. So sorry, I'm sure it's torture to watch.
Old 11-03-2023, 08:49 PM

My kitty likes the greenie pill pockets when I have to give her medicine. She usually eats it without noticing the pill.
Old 11-04-2023, 04:43 AM

Janice, Sorry to hear your fur baby is feeling under the weather. It is so hard to watch them when they are sick.

I did not get to mail my blocks this week as I ended up spending two days in the hospital with a stomach bug. It was not fun. I got home yesterday and it felt so good to sleep in my own bed.

I will try to mail them today, my husband has to get a new thermostat for our furnace this morning.
Old 11-04-2023, 10:03 AM

Lstew, I’m sorry to hear you were so ill that you ended up hospitalized! My gosh, I hope you’re taking it easy this weekend. The blocks can wait.

Originally Posted by Lstew2212 View Post
Janice, Sorry to hear your fur baby is feeling under the weather. It is so hard to watch them when they are sick.

I did not get to mail my blocks this week as I ended up spending two days in the hospital with a stomach bug. It was not fun. I got home yesterday and it felt so good to sleep in my own bed.

I will try to mail them today, my husband has to get a new thermostat for our furnace this morning.
Old 11-04-2023, 10:37 AM
Power Poster

Sorry for the unexpected hospital stay, LStew.... hope you are on the mend!
Old 11-05-2023, 05:22 AM

Lstew sorry you were so sick and hope you are on the road to recovery
Old 11-05-2023, 02:16 PM

FYI, for those of you who noticed Duckling hasn’t been in touch, she’s well but busy. She’s working on her blocks and expects to mail in a couple of weeks.

We had fun with the grands yesterday but today was reserved for piecing and football and a coffee shop visit with friends. Nice day. Hope everyone had a pleasant and relaxing weekend.