Boom 30 - Autumn

Old 11-10-2023, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
Oops, I forgot to say earlier that Reba’s package arrived today. I expected it on the 13th and was surprised to see it placed by my door. Woo hoo!

All2pieces - 1 set
AnnaQuilts -2 sets

Cheesehead - 1 set
Duckling - 1 set
Janice McC - 1 set
Hav4boys - 2 sets
Libster - 1 set
LogCabin82 - 1 set
Lstew2212 - 1 set
Rebaquilts – 2 sets

Sewbizgirl – 1 set
SusieQOH – 1 set
Terriamn – 1 set
TravelingGramma - 1 set
WMUTeach - 1 set
Janice, My blocks are in the mail, I sent tracking # in an email to you. They should arrive by Monday.
Old 11-10-2023, 02:15 PM

Lstew’s blocks just arrived. Thanks! Only 3 more sets to go…

All2pieces - 1 set
AnnaQuilts -2 sets

Cheesehead - 1 set
Duckling - 1 set
Janice McC - 1 set
Hav4boys - 2 sets
Libster - 1 set
LogCabin82 - 1 set
Lstew2212 - 1 set
Rebaquilts – 2 sets

Sewbizgirl – 1 set
SusieQOH – 1 set
Terriamn – 1 set
TravelingGramma - 1 set
WMUTeach - 1 set
Old 11-11-2023, 04:32 AM

woo hoo, my blocks arrived early. Safe and sound. Can't wait to get these beautiful blocks back. This quilt is for my sister n law for her birthday in July. She will love it.
Old 11-11-2023, 09:13 AM

What a dreary day but we’re getting much needed rain so no complaints here. Good thing though that DH has his college football and I’ve got my pp’ing. I’m moving along nicely but the machine is skipping stitches rather suddenly. I cleaned it out, checked tension, changed bobbins, put in a new (overdue!) needle and rethreaded. It’s still doing it, but a bit less. I’m at a loss. Any ideas?

So the cat is eating his new food better than the previous one but it hardly seems enough to live on. He was happier this morning so I have hope.

I went through to the gallery and loved seeing all my wonderful blocks. Thank you all.

Enjoy your weekend.
Old 11-11-2023, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
What a dreary day but we’re getting much needed rain so no complaints here. Good thing though that DH has his college football and I’ve got my pp’ing. I’m moving along nicely but the machine is skipping stitches rather suddenly. I cleaned it out, checked tension, changed bobbins, put in a new (overdue!) needle and rethreaded. It’s still doing it, but a bit less. I’m at a loss. Any ideas?

So the cat is eating his new food better than the previous one but it hardly seems enough to live on. He was happier this morning so I have hope.

I went through to the gallery and loved seeing all my wonderful blocks. Thank you all.

Enjoy your weekend.
So glad to hear your kitty is doing a little better. Fur babies mean so much to the family, that sometimes it's heartbreaking to know we can do so little.
Old 11-11-2023, 02:55 PM

Loved looking through the gallery, this group has so much talent. I'm in awe.
Old 11-11-2023, 10:42 PM
Power Poster

Terri, potluck Thanksgivings can be great! I agree with TG tho that they need an organizer to make sure everyone doesn't bring the same thing. (Imagine turkey and 5 jello salads!)

Finished the craft show in Memphis today. I had a good day but boy am I exhausted! I couldn't even unload my car when I got back to the house. My feet are killing me from standing all day. I think I'm too old to do shows anymore.

Tomorrow I get to spend the day with the grandkids.

So happy to hear that Cyrano is eating a little better.
Old 11-12-2023, 04:49 AM

Yeah to Cyrano! Any additional time with him is a blessing and a joy I am sure.

No more blocks this weekend ..... so far, but my fingers are crossed to get one or maybe two this late today. Just a few more to go. I spent yesterday making a birthday pie for my SIL, enjoying an unexpected visit from my son to pick up a repaired quilt and doing work for my part-time teaching job to clear things away so today could be a day of rest and playing with fabric. Photos tomorrow is my plan.
Old 11-12-2023, 07:21 AM

Janice we have had 3 days straight of rain, it is desperately needed but the timing could be better. We have friends here who are trying to decide if this is where they want to spend the winter.

My granddaughter who is getting married in June called and asked if she had signature squares instead of a guest book would I make her a quilt. Of course I said yes and I am so excited to make it for her.

So glad Cyranol is eating, hoping he I’ll start eating more
Old 11-12-2023, 03:55 PM

Terriamn, I’ve seen signature quilts for all sorts of occasions. A wedding is perfect. Of course Grandma will make it! Our light rain lasted 24 hours on and off. I don’t think it put out our local wildfires but it slowed them down considerably.

WMUTeach, I look forward to seeing your block pix. It’s always a good time for some eye candy.

Been working this weekend on both my sewing machine and my quilt top. Finally the machine isn’t skipping stitches but I keep holding my breath with every new seam.