Boom 30 - Autumn

Old 10-06-2023, 02:45 AM

Annaquilts, have a great time camping.
Originally Posted by Annaquilts View Post
I am home for one day and then off to wine country, camping with a group, for the weekend. I sewed the whole day Monday and got for half the blocks all the smaller triangles sewn together and pressed. It was really nice with the ocean breeze and view. Now I need to find a block of time to put the larger pieces together.
Your AnglePlay blocks are always so interesting! Love them both.
Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Here are two more blocks, for Terri and Hav, that are both AnglePlay blocks. These are my last until the dragon fabric arrives from Spoonflower. Hope you ladies like these crazy blocks!
Old 10-06-2023, 07:40 AM

I have fabulous news to share. My oldest daughter had her second eye surgery yesterday. Today the tech took off her bandage and she burst into tears. exclaiming it was the first time she could see out of that eye since February, it was still very blurry but she could see. Doctor said everything looked good and by Sunday she should be able to see clearly. There is no horrible recovery process like she had for the first surgery of the detached retina. She just has to take life slow and easy to let eye totally heal
Old 10-06-2023, 07:59 AM

Wow, Terri, that’s terrific news! I can only imagine how hard these months have been. Hoping for a full recovery of her vision.
Old 10-06-2023, 08:30 AM

Oh terriamn what fantastic news. God created and He can heal. Bring patience is hard though! What fun to see the fall colors too
Old 10-06-2023, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
I have fabulous news to share. My oldest daughter had her second eye surgery yesterday. Today the tech took off her bandage and she burst into tears. exclaiming it was the first time she could see out of that eye since February, it was still very blurry but she could see. Doctor said everything looked good and by Sunday she should be able to see clearly. There is no horrible recovery process like she had for the first surgery of the detached retina. She just has to take life slow and easy to let eye totally heal
Good news, Terri! I love it when things go like they should.
Old 10-06-2023, 12:55 PM

Happily, the dragon fabric showed up early so I should have a block for Anna by the end of the weekend. Yay! It’s going to be busy tomorrow and Sunday but I want to get this one done so I can concentrate on a new project I’m starting. The weather is supposed to turn quite cool on Sunday and Monday. I’m so looking forward to the leaves changing. Autumn is my favorite season.
Old 10-06-2023, 01:31 PM
Power Poster

Great news, Terri! Rejoicing with you!
Old 10-06-2023, 03:48 PM

Terri, I agree with the rest, such great news for your daughter!

Love seeing all of the new blocks being shown, they have been just outstanding this swap!

This week we were in Biloxi, MS for "Cruisin' the Coast". This is an annual thing we do; we enjoy seeing all of the vintage cars drive along the Gulf Coast. Love seeing all of the muscle cars of the 50's and '60's, brings back fond memories. There were cars with huge air scoops on the hood and making lots of noise, I don't know how they could even see the road.

We too are supposed to have cooler weather come in tomorrow, can't wait to open my windows and let fresh air into the house.

Cheese
Old 10-06-2023, 06:20 PM

Thank you all it’s so great to share happy news for a change

Glad the weather is going to be cooler for almost everyone

Cheese it sounds like your “ Cruisin the Coast was a lot of fun.” Unfortunately South Texas and open windows don’t go hand in hand. Way too much dust and pollen in the air.
Old 10-06-2023, 09:30 PM
Power Poster

Cheese, up here in Florence MS we saw some of those Cruisin' the Coast cars going back home on trailers today. Pretty fancy old cars! It must have been fun to see the whole parade of them.

Four quilting friends and I went on a shop run to a nice quilting store in Brookhaven, MS today, to Gardensong Fabrics. They have so many batiks and lovely tonal fabric lines, it's dizzying. Cheese, if you get the urge to drive a bit, I highly recommend this store! So many beautiful fabrics!