Boom 30 - Autumn

Old 10-19-2023, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by hav4boys View Post
Here are 5 for today. I have found my favorite star block.

Here is one for me, Lisbster, Reba, SBG, and WMUTeach. The Americana is so fun. I could make 20 of just those blocks.
Oh, Have4boys, you make me giggle. I have made so many of blocks and quilts with those Americana colors! I really want to clean out that bin of lovely colors. But as soon as I get almost to the bottom of the bin, poof, it magically fills again. Just can't resist those colors and prints. Thank you for the block to add to my next sampler quilt of Americana fabrics.

I took a break from grading papers this afternoon and made a block for TG. Tried a new to me pattern. Fun. and I even cut out another to work on tomorrow after.....grading more papers. Nose to the grindstone for the weekend with fingers crossed to be finished by Saturday. Love teaching but I am not crazy about grading their written work. I would rather be in my sewing room figuring out patterns, matching points and planing gifts for others.
Old 10-19-2023, 04:36 PM

I sure do hope you all get well.
I brought a cold back from MD and my son got hit hard with it. We are all much better, but didn’t expect it.
good news is DH is cancer free! Went in for three month follow up and all well. He is still dealing with some slowness from chemo, but I am getting him up and moving.
that star is awesome!! What pattern is it??
Old 10-19-2023, 05:01 PM

Another fantastic kitty block, thank you Reba!
Hav4, those are beautiful star blocks!
TG, great news that your DH is cancer free, thank the Lord and his many blessings.
WMUTeach, a day in your sewing room, great incentive to get those assignments graded.

Cheese
Old 10-19-2023, 05:15 PM

Here’s a block for Rebaquilts.

Old 10-19-2023, 05:57 PM
Power Poster

Beautiful blocks, Hav! Thank you for mine! I love that star block too but it looks like a hard star, like the one Bibliostone makes, "fat star" or something... Is there a pattern?

Reba, your cat in the basket is adorable! Love the gray stripey fabric you had for the kitty.
Old 10-19-2023, 06:11 PM

I’m biased maybe, but I like mine best, Hav, it’s just wonderful. Here is my first one for JaniceMcC. I’m going to try to get one more done tonight, we shall see :-) hugs!
Attached Thumbnails img_6593.jpeg  
Old 10-19-2023, 06:13 PM

I just love the modern block Logcabin82, just cool. Thanks! Hugs :-)
Old 10-19-2023, 06:15 PM
Power Poster

Nice modern block for Reba, LC! She loves modern.

I am finally feeling better-- yay! So glad I went in a got those two big shots in my rump yesterday. I have already turned the corner because of those. She also gave me oral antibiotics and some stout cough medicine to get me done. My problem was not the covid or whatever it was... it was because I was on the new (to me) hormone blockers and the dr. said they compromised my immunity. So my body kept that cold too long, until it became a bacterial infection in my bronchial plumbing. Don't fear covid. The drs say the current strain is milder but quite contagious. But it's supposed to be just like a cold. Hubby got over his in less than a week and never felt very bad, just hacking and nose blowing, mostly. Each subsequent strain of covid has been weaker than the one previous to it, thank God.

A local (well 40 minutes away) quilt shop is liquidating, and I felt well enough to drive out and see it. Wooo... what a hit to the bank acct, but I got so many goodies on the cheap!! Fun day.

Old 10-19-2023, 07:11 PM

Last block of the night, a Christmas gnome. I’ll finish the appliqué nose tomorrow and maybe add eyes to match the bears. Hugs!
Attached Thumbnails img_6594.jpeg  
Old 10-19-2023, 09:54 PM
Power Poster

Adorable gnome block, Reba! The Christmas tree is darling, too.