Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun >

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Old 02-15-2015, 09:52 PM
DJ

Greetings!
I'm hoping to make some Easter egg holders for DGD. Also, I have a friend who is dealing with a serious disease, and I'm going to make her a "prayer pocket". I've purchased a little key ring design that has a pocket in it. I'll make it for her and put a prayer in it. She can keep it in her pocket or purse and be reminded that people love her and are praying for her. I'll also let her know that she can write her own prayers down and put them in the pocket. I don't have any other pressing plans for my embroidery machine, but ideas keep popping up.
Old 02-16-2015, 06:28 AM

DJ, the free standing lace egg holders and baskets on embroidery.com stitch out so well. Since I knew my grandkids might be playing with them, I used serger thread instead of rayon like normal. I slowed the stitch speed down, used a 90 top stitch needle and doubled the stablizier. I didn't want to spend a fortune on thread just in case they became play toys. Since then, my little ones have grown so now I need to make lots more this year. Save your scraps of water soluable stabilzer, it makes great starchy water to stiffen up your designs if needed and I also spray a little 505 on it and put it on the hooped stabilier and use it when I need just a small area needs extra or I need to mend an area of stabilzer that got ripped, etc. Works great.
Old 02-16-2015, 06:37 AM

Good luck on your projects....seems lika a very noble cause....I am sure your friend will find a comfort in these pockets........as for myself I hope to try some applique...I have never tried to make a machine embroidery applique....i just bought few designs from the emblibrary library that is my favorite place.....
Old 02-16-2015, 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by romanojg View Post
DJ, the free standing lace egg holders and baskets on embroidery.com stitch out so well. Since I knew my grandkids might be playing with them, I used serger thread instead of rayon like normal. I slowed the stitch speed down, used a 90 top stitch needle and doubled the stablizier. I didn't want to spend a fortune on thread just in case they became play toys. Since then, my little ones have grown so now I need to make lots more this year. Save your scraps of water soluable stabilzer, it makes great starchy water to stiffen up your designs if needed and I also spray a little 505 on it and put it on the hooped stabilier and use it when I need just a small area needs extra or I need to mend an area of stabilzer that got ripped, etc. Works great.
Hey....sound like you did a grat job....and thanks for the tips...I didn,t even know this site of embroidery.com....thank you and good luck
Old 02-16-2015, 01:19 PM

I found this extra cute leprechaun on embroidery library and I had to have it. I made this dish towel for DD, but I have to make two more, one for each brother. Mom was Irish and loved to celebrate St. Patrick's Day so I had to have these two designs. I put both of these designs on one dish towel, one design on each end.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]510493[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]510494[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails st.-pat-1.jpg   st.-pat-2.jpg  
Old 02-16-2015, 01:29 PM

Hey....sound like you did a grat job....and thanks for the tips...I didn,t even know this site of embroidery.com....thank you and good luck

Sorry, I meant emblibrary.com. There are so many websites out there. I like oregonpatch because they have tons of sites listed on their site with lots of specials. My baskets did turn out really nice. I used varigated thread on most of them, its one of my favorite threads to emb or serge with.
Old 02-16-2015, 07:32 PM
DJ

Originally Posted by romanojg View Post
Thanks for the information. emblibrary.com is where I got the patterns that I'm going to try. Glad to hear they stitched out well. I do save my water soluable stabilizer scraps. I hoop one layer and then add some scraps on top with 505 for added strength. Great idea!

Irishgal ~ Great work! So cute. I know your family will enjoy using the towels.
Old 02-24-2015, 01:19 PM
Banned

Some of you may know that I am a Type 2 insulin dependent
diabetic.

With that being said I have been "playing" around with some ideas
for several years to help raise money for diabetes research. I knew
WHAT I wanted to do, just never could find the "right" design to help
me with my quest.

I saw this design, and a few others that are similar and knew this
was "the" design.

This is my first sample, there will be some changes with the next
few until I figure out the exact look I want.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]511455[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_20150224_102349211.jpg  
Old 02-24-2015, 05:43 PM

I am a Type 1 insulin dependent diabetic and I think your design is beautiful!!
Old 02-24-2015, 06:23 PM
Banned

Thanks Dixie!

I did not create the embroidery design, but the color, and enhancements
are ideas I have had for several years.

Originally Posted by DixieDoodle View Post
I am a Type 1 insulin dependent diabetic and I think your design is beautiful!!