Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 02-28-2011, 03:33 PM

My DH spent the afternoon taking bobbin area apart on my FW, when i got home from work he was anxious for me to test it, he DID find fuzz & thread trrapped. When i tried it out, the needle hits something, sooooo tomorrow hes gonna see what he put back wrong. he plays eucre on Mon nites. poor sole, he tries so hard!
Old 02-28-2011, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by buslady
My DH spent the afternoon taking bobbin area apart on my FW, when i got home from work he was anxious for me to test it, he DID find fuzz & thread trrapped. When i tried it out, the needle hits something, sooooo tomorrow hes gonna see what he put back wrong. he plays eucre on Mon nites. poor sole, he tries so hard!
This is probably the problem and it's easily fixed:
http://www.april1930s.com/html/bobbi...___needle.html
Old 02-28-2011, 04:15 PM

Here is a picture of my recently purchased Singer 27. I got it for $25 and have spent some more for a new belt and attachments. I am looking for some trim for around the treadle belt openings and a wood dowel for the bigger spools of thread on the back of the top. I also am in need of one lock for the draws. Would be willing to buy another set of draws as the tracks are worn badly.
Any help would be great, Thanks Patrick.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-160188.jpe  
Old 02-28-2011, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by Pat Heinemann
Here is a picture of my recently purchased Singer 27. I got it for $25 and have spent some more for a new belt and attachments. .
Very nice, Patrick and a really great price.
Old 02-28-2011, 04:22 PM

Treasure in treadle drawer. This little oil can is so cute. DH used Kroil and got it open for me. It is just 3.5" tall opened.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-162868.jpe   attachment-162869.jpe  
Old 02-28-2011, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by buslady
Originally Posted by Kathie S.
I just got an estimate for refinishing my cabinet for my 66. They want over $2000. Way out of my price range. Kathie
HOLY COW! You should just do it yourself, it takes time and patience, but not a difficult process by any means. you might even enjoy it LOL
I can not be around any chemicals due to my lungs. Even household paint brothers me. Kathie
Old 02-28-2011, 04:49 PM

Beautiful machine. Try e-bay for the drawers. Kathie
Old 02-28-2011, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by oldhag
About a month ago I bought a box of old sewing machine attachments from various machines. Inside the box was a container of unused sewing machine needles that were marked Eldridge.
On Friday I came home from work to find my DH grinning and dragging me into the garage. He bought me the machine that goes with the needles!!!! He found this machine and just decided I needed another one and remembered about the needles. What a guy.
The machine is all there and just needs some TLC to get her up and treadling.
Gosh... I'm playing 'catch up'.... pages and pages...

Wow! That's a fantastic looking Eldridge! What a wonderful hubby! Whooo hooo.
Old 02-28-2011, 05:52 PM

Here is a picture of my recently purchased Singer 27. I got it for $25 and have spent some more for a new belt and attachments. I am looking for some trim for around the treadle belt openings and a wood dowel for the bigger spools of thread on the back of the top. I also am in need of one lock for the draws. Would be willing to buy another set of draws as the tracks are worn badly.
Patrick you have a nice machine and cabinet. Everything on the cabinet can be repaired. The drawers look okay, they just need all the screws to be tightened up, the top of the drawers may have a wire on the top edge. This is keep friction on the drawer to keep it tight and from vibrating out when one is treadleing. The trim you need around the belt holes are you talking about the veneer that is missing? If your case is oak you can buy oak veneer at Lowes. Now the missing lock that is going to be hard to find because the locks are not in the drawer but in the drawer frame between the drawers. I would try to keep the cabinet original. I will be glad to answer any questions you may have. Glenn
Old 02-28-2011, 06:02 PM

Patrick do you realize what you have found? That is a fiddle base pre 1900 machine! What is the serial number?

Geeze, that machine looks great for being over 120 years old - I bet it is that old any way!

Congratulations!

Nancy