Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 05-24-2011, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by olebat
While trying to pass the time in the hospital, following a total knee replacement, I kept-up as much of my computer routine as possible, which meant watching CL in several near-by cities. Lo and behold, a Singer 301 for $150. I promptly e-mailed, explained my situation, and asked the seller if the machine could be held while I arranged for someone to pick it up in my behalf. Multiple e-mails to seller and friend and finally got a message from the friend, "Got it."

I'm home now, and can't wait to see the friend and the new machine. I can do the upper body happy dance, the lower bod will have to wait a while.
I am sorry to hear you had to have surgery, but everyone I know that had a knee replacement wished they hadn't waited so long to get it done!

On a happy note, congratulations for the new 301!

Nancy
I second all of this!! Knee and 301!! Hope you get on your feet (well...knee!) soon, and get sewing on your new 301.
Old 05-24-2011, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by jljack
Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Here is my latest quilt, Eagle Scout quilt, that I pieced with my Eldredge Two Spools, quilted with Singer 201K, attached binding with Davis NVF, and finished off with decorative stitch from Singer 238K- all in treadles. I love my vintage machines and treadling them!

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-124834-1.htm
That is a wonderful quilt to honor that young man's achievement! And you did it all on treadles....extra special!! :-)
Thank you! It was a fun project to do on all those different machines in treadles.
Old 05-24-2011, 12:08 PM

I am looking at a Singer 66-14 model machine. I was wondering if any of you have an opinion on that model. What is it capable of doing, like more than straight stitch, are bobbins easily available, etc?
It comes with it's original cabinet for $100.
The owner said that it has a knee controller. Can it be changed to a foot pedal?
Thanks,
Jan on 446
Old 05-24-2011, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by lyndajean
This belonged to my great aunt and it was given to me when she passed away over 20yrs ago. Back then I had no interest in sewing. I just took her out, and thanks to some help from Billy she is up and running! Thanks again Billy, here she is!
Wonderful machine!! Lucky girl!! You're gonna love sewing on her.
Old 05-24-2011, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by debbiewi
I just took a picture of my cleaned up machine. when I got it, I thought most of the decals were gone, it was so black so I am thrilled with the way she looks now. In the picture the badge is showing up more gold but in person it is a shiny copper color
Debbie that is a great looking machine!! You did a great job cleaning it up.
Old 05-24-2011, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Kitzone
Originally Posted by Lostn51
I wish I could go on a "Girls night out".......... :mrgreen:

Billy
Lol. Billy you'd just get into trouble or end up with more work :)
Ditto that!!! LOL LOL LOL
Old 05-24-2011, 12:28 PM

Would I be crazy to not go grab this for $25? Even if for just a shelf ornament?
http://fresno.craigslist.org/atq/2399219869.html
Attached Thumbnails attachment-201932.jpe  
Old 05-24-2011, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51

I am with you on this one, I have one that I picked up and it is the biggest piece of crap ever. I have already taken a few of the useful parts off of it and I think I am taking it up to the country and seeing how it does after running a dozen or so rounds through it from my 45-70!

YouTube video will follow ;)

Billy
With you on this one....one of our cheap machines kept having tension problems, even after going to the shop. DH kept saying he was going to use it for target practice with his 45!! LOL
Old 05-24-2011, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl
Would I be crazy to not go grab this for $25? Even if for just a shelf ornament?
http://fresno.craigslist.org/atq/2399219869.html
GET IT, GET IT, GET IT. lol
Old 05-24-2011, 12:44 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by jtapp9
I'm making a trip to Indiana mid June and I guess I will be bringing home another 66 Redeye~this one is in a treadle :). My brother found her at Goodwill yesterday for $50 and insisted that I needed it. The picture shows that she's still got pretty darned good decals on her. There are a couple pieces that he knows are missing (bobbin cover plate) and it 'looks' like the bobbin chamber may be rusty. His pictures were dark so hard to tell. I "think" i'm excited..although I may have to rent space in my office warehouse to keep my HOBBY! LOL
I'm in Indianapolis, bring it by.