Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 08-14-2010, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Lacelady
Originally Posted by quilterguy27
Originally Posted by Lacelady
I was about to say the same thing, and I think it's relatively easy to get replacement foot pedals
I think so too. I'm going to go to eBay and see what I can find. Basically, I will need everything except the machine itself. I also have to figure out how to repair the case and get the insert for it. But in the meantime, she sews like a dream. I couldn't be happier.
Here's a link for somewhere that seems to sell a lot of stuff for FWs http://sewingmachine221sale.bizland....re/page18.html
I went and looked and OMG! At those prices some of the items cost more than the machine. Think I'm going to pass on that site. I'm not that desperate. Thanks tho for telling me about it. I thought even the S&H was a bit high. I'm going to shop around and see what I can find hopefully a bit less expensive.
Old 08-14-2010, 03:12 PM

My 301 got a thread jammed in the bobbin race as I was sewing. Cleaned it out, but now when I put the throat plate back on(the little thing-a-ma-bob is in the groove)she won't sew. Everything is free and works without the throat plate , but with the throat plate it's like it's frozen up. Any hints or ideas before I have to take her to the shop? I only have 3 blocks to finish and I would really like to get them done. Thanks Numa
Old 08-14-2010, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by Numa
My 301 got a thread jammed in the bobbin race as I was sewing. Cleaned it out, but now when I put the throat plate back on(the little thing-a-ma-bob is in the groove)she won't sew. Everything is free and works without the throat plate , but with the throat plate it's like it's frozen up. Any hints or ideas before I have to take her to the shop? I only have 3 blocks to finish and I would really like to get them done. Thanks Numa
Hummmm... I'm certainly no expert and only own one "little girl", but I'm a bit confused. You're saying that it sews without the throat plate on? How can that be? If that little "thing-a-ma-bob" isn't anchored between the guides on the underside of the throat plate it won't sew. I guess I'm misunderstanding.
Old 08-14-2010, 03:25 PM

I found another new-to-me sewing machine yesterday. I had just spent 100 bucks at a yard sale. all gun type stuff for my husband. He was beyond thrilled. Then I found another sale around the corner. It was one with high dollar stuff sitting way out front and I could not see into the garage. I pulled up and nearly left, but I hate lookiloo's so figured I should look around just to be polite.

Well, was I surprised to find two White Rotaries there off to the side. I am supposed to be on a sewing machine diet. One a week is getting kinda crazy. But I had to have at least one of these. One was an older more "Singer" looking one, and the other was like one I had seen on this board. The metal was embossed, I guess it would be called. It is also in a parlor type cabinet. The cabinet could use a refinish, but is in great shape. The machine seems to be in good condition too. There are lots of attachments. Some are in a nice metal box and do not look ever used. It will be fun to figure them all out. My husband wants to check out the wiring before I plug it in.

I am trying to figure out what model and year made, and all that, but I have not figured out the serial number yet. Any idea where to look?
Old 08-14-2010, 03:27 PM

It doesn't sew, but everything moves freely. When you put the throat plate on, it won't do anything. Is that clearer?
Numa
Old 08-14-2010, 03:29 PM

Oh, forgot to put in the pictures, so here we are. It is going to take a lot of cleaning and maybe a box of q tips to shine this baby up.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-97355.jpe   attachment-97356.jpe  
Old 08-14-2010, 03:32 PM

a couple more
Attached Thumbnails attachment-97357.jpe   attachment-97358.jpe  
Old 08-14-2010, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Katia
a couple more
oh love that one!
Old 08-14-2010, 04:07 PM

Katia - That is a great find!! The cabinet is really nice!!
Old 08-14-2010, 04:46 PM

Katia:
That is one stunning looking machine!! I really can't wait to see it all prettied up. Please post after pictures so I can drool all over it. I promise to use a napkin so as not to make a mess on it. WOW!!