Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Anyone ever had this happened with eBay? >

Anyone ever had this happened with eBay?

Anyone ever had this happened with eBay?

Old 06-04-2010, 04:13 PM

Sellers need to realize when they list things for $.99, they run the chance of having to sell the item for that amount. I let a red eye slide a couple of weeks ago because I neglected to enter the opening amount of $15.05, he had it described as a fashion mate, I asked him a question which put him on to what he really had. He relisted it as a treadle for $15.05, this time I enter a bid of $15.05. I was able to get it, but paid $51.00 -- I am still happy. It is beautiful. Just Monday I won a 99 at $9.99. I have been notified it shipped 06/02/10, but no tracking no. I have purchased from this individual before with no problems so I will wait and see. I keep all my correspondence on ebay purchases in a separate e-mail account so I have lots of records. I once got two boxes of attachments or $.01, they arrived quickly. If they try anythng, I am alway very courteous and pleasant, a very smart friend once told me that if you were nice and pleasant to people, then they would wonder what you were up to. It has always served me well, although sometimes it is hard to keep my anger and sarcasm in check, but it works.

I have seen items listed for $.99 that sold for over $300.
Old 06-04-2010, 04:42 PM

I haven't had that happen to me but I did do it with one of my customers - wasn't a big thing though like a sewing machine - once he sent confirmation that he returned the item i sent his out. i would contact eBay and insist that she honor her deal; she has an obligation to complete the sale. If she doesn't, its a mark against her and as a long time ebayer (10 years), I know it important to keep customers happy. Good luck!
Old 06-04-2010, 06:00 PM

HI - please go through E-Bay. There is a Buyer Protection site where you can explain what happened. She should send YOU the sewing machine - YOU won it, YOU paid for it, it should be sent to YOU when she gets it back, not relisted. That sounds "illegal" on E-Bay. I bid and won a Kindle . . went to register it and found it out was reported as stolen! Can't use it without it being registered. $120 . . . filed a claim with E-Bay and got my money back - phew! Please check out the Buyer Protection! I forget where it is, but it should be on your "My E-Bay" somewhere! Good Luck; let us know how you make out.
Old 06-04-2010, 06:17 PM

I AGREE!!!
Originally Posted by CAROLJ
Report her and leave bad feedback. Send a copy of her e-mail to Ebay when you report her. She's crooked.

And yes it happened to me. I bought an old toyu far below what it was worth. The seller said it fell off the UPS truck and broke. When I offered to file a claim so I could get a replacement, she said made up another story.
Old 06-04-2010, 06:31 PM

Report her. I have listed items on e-bay and sold them for less than I wished they would have sold for. But the seller has the option to put in an amount that they need to get as the starting price. If she didn't do that it is her loss. Or in your case yours. But she needs to be reported. Contact her first and tell her that you will report her if she doesn't send you the machine you bid on and won. Give her a chance to be honest even if it isn't in her nature. If she doesn't then report and give a bad feedback. Do all as quickly as you can. I think I would contact e-bay explain it all to them and tell them you are going to give her a chance to fix it. But if not then at least they are informed just in case she stalls. And then watch her sales. It is possible she will relist it, return your money and you may get it cheaper.
Old 06-04-2010, 06:33 PM

I agree, contact Ebay and let them know of her unfair practices. She will have to right the situation or they may drop her from selling.
Old 06-04-2010, 07:47 PM

I send a compliant to ebay about this seller!
Old 06-04-2010, 08:19 PM

Get in touch with ebay. This is not right . They should make her send it to you.

76 and counting
Old 06-04-2010, 09:47 PM

Definitely report her and file a complaint with e-bay and let them dispute it with her. Because of the circumstances, I would leave a negative feedback, too, but be sure you respond with why you did. I have shopped e-bay for 5 years and never have left a negative. I would have in this case.

Bid on it again under a different identity or have DH do it. Maybe you will win again. If you win it for less than S & H and she pulls it again, report her again, and e-bay will take care of it. Shame on her.
Old 06-04-2010, 10:02 PM

i shop on ebay all the time and I read feedback before i shop with a seller. the negative feedback would hurt them. but this needs to be reported to ebay.