Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Anyone ever had this happened with eBay? >

Anyone ever had this happened with eBay?

Anyone ever had this happened with eBay?

Old 06-04-2010, 10:28 AM

I had something similar happen. I open up a case against her and let that go on her record. Ebay people will decide one way or the other, buy she will still have that on record and definitely leave bad feedback after case is closed.
Old 06-04-2010, 10:42 AM
Banned

I'm with everyone else. Report her immediately. She might be banned from selling if this has been a problem. I used t sell on E-Bay, and I had something like that happen in reverse. I sold an item, and the person never paid me. I sent her e-mails and never a response. Before I could re-list the item, I had to have permission from E-Bay. I had to send her an e-mail about resolving the problem, then wait a certain amount of time, and they sent her correspondence. Only then did I get permission to re-list. I think she had done this before because it was my understanding she could no longer buy on e-bay. The point to this very long story is... my experience with e-bay is they have strict policies about this, and are responsive. She needs to be banned. She's seems to be a sore loser!
Old 06-04-2010, 11:17 AM

Joining the ranks, report that immediately! It's wrong on so many levels.

She may not be forced to send it and she could be a real sourpuss and tear up the machine and blame it on shipping. Either way she'd still have to refund the price.

Hope it resolves soon.
Old 06-04-2010, 12:01 PM

This is wrong. Ebay will take care of her. I had a problem once with a seller on ebay. A long story but they essentially stole something from me and then sold it on ebay with my name still imprinted on it. It's very funny to find your stolen item listed on ebay when you are looking there to replace it!!

Ebay booted them big time.
Old 06-04-2010, 12:54 PM

I have bought and sold quite a bit on Ebay. Sounds pretty crooked to me. Report her, leave bad feedback, and save those emails!
Old 06-04-2010, 01:10 PM

I once bought something on eBay, and never received it. I sent an e-mail to the seller, and he sent back accusing me of trying to get 2 for the price of 1. I told him I didn't receive it, and he said "prove it". Of course, no way to do that. I told him to prove I did get it. He said had delivery receipt. I said send copy, but he never did. It was not a lot of money, probably less than $5, so I left negative feedback and forgot about it. Too much hassle for the small amount of money. But I did see he had lots of negative feedback, and I wouldn't have bid on his things if I had paid attention instead of paying $$!! :-) Usually I have great experiences on eBay. That is really the only bad experience. One time had an auction cancelled before it finished. Never got the reason from the seller or eBay, but it just disappeared off of eBay. Weird. You definately need to report her..that is just fraud.
Old 06-04-2010, 01:25 PM

I aggree!!!! Don't let her get away with that!!!! Send a report to Ebay ASAP
Old 06-04-2010, 02:20 PM

And update.
I have sent a note to Ebay explaining...I didn't attach the correspondence but will once I hear from them.
I did tell the seller I was going to leave negative feedback and she wrote back that I didn't have to be nasty about it.
She has refunded my money (it's in the bank) but that's not the point. I offered to resend her the money via paypal and she told me she didn't know how to do that, she could only relist it on ebay.
Really frustrating! I"m hoping for a good outcome. Keeping my fingers crossed
Old 06-04-2010, 03:47 PM

Contact ebay and leave feedback. If she had a price in mind that she wanted for the machine, it should have had a minimum bid listed.
You bid in good faith.
Old 06-04-2010, 04:01 PM

It doesn't matter that she has refunded your $. You are still entitled to file bad feedback and a complaint "item not received" through ebay.

I love the "you don't have to be nasty about it" comment. Don't let her use scare tactics on you. Stand up for yourself and others that she'll undoubtably try to take advantage of next time.