Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What's the funniest thing  a/your child ever asked you? >

What's the funniest thing a/your child ever asked you?

What's the funniest thing a/your child ever asked you?

Old 12-01-2010, 06:12 PM

dh was a marine fighter pilot, so the kids have all had some conversations about planes & flying...

one day in the car, youngest dd (about 5) asked what the white lines in the sky were.. i told her they were called con trails..

she asked how planes made them...i told her i didn't know. in this very resigned voice she answered "don't worry mom, after dad explains it to me, i will explain it to you"
Old 12-01-2010, 06:51 PM

I was babysitting for my cousin one weekend many years ago.The two little girls and I were all sleeping in my bed (or at least I was trying to sleep). The oldest one sat up and said guess what? What? I asked. My daddy doesnt wear any clothes to bed. I said, Really? A couple seconds later the youngest one sits up and says guess what? What ? I asked. Neither does my mommy.
Old 12-01-2010, 06:54 PM

Here is one for the books. My middle son was in 5th grade I believe and he came home from school and asked his dad and I if either of us had ever been in jail. We told him no. He seemed very concerned about our answer and asked if we were sure we had not been to jail. We asked him why he he was asking this and his reply was that he had heard at school that day that 1 in 5 people go to jail. Since there were 5 total in our family he wanted to make sure one of his parents had already gone to jail to ensure he was never going to have to go.
Old 12-01-2010, 08:39 PM

What a fun topic this is.
When my son was 3 (he's 32 now) he was lying on the bed with his grandma. Now, my mom was deeply & heavily wrinkled (too much sun & smoking). So my son is stroking gramma's face & says, "Grammy, you need to iron your face".
Even though she was self-conscious about her wrinkles my mom thought that was one of the funniest things she'd ever heard.
Old 12-01-2010, 08:52 PM

When daughter graduated from kindergarten, she was so pleased and stated " Whew, I am so glad I'm through school" I said, No, you have to go to first grade next. She looked at me aghast and said "why? I learned how to read already. so why do I have to go to school again?"
Old 12-01-2010, 08:59 PM

Grandson , not quite 4 at the time, was riding in a shopping cart when an elderly man came over, said HI and rubbed GS head. GS asked --why you rub my head? Man replied, because I have always heard rubbing a redheads head will bring good luck. GS thought for a moment then said, I don't know bout that cause I rub my head every day and I got no good luck yet.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:24 PM

I am one of seven kids, so late afternoons there were usually several choruses of "What's for dinner?" my stepmother, tired after a long day, just started to answer "dog food" every time the question was asked. It back fired on her big time when she took my little sister (age 4) to go grocery shopping. My little sister NEVER spoke quietly. In the middle of the store she asked "Are we having dog food again!?". You could have heard a pin drop in that busy supermarket!

Same sister, comes home from kindergarten crying. When asked why, she replied "Mommy, will you make me a name tag?". When asked why she needed one, she replied "Nobody knows my name." We asked, "What do they call you?" She said "Everyone just calls me 'brat'!"
Old 12-01-2010, 09:47 PM

My GD was visiting one weekend and I took her to Mass. When the alter boy rang the bell, she looked all around for it. When he rang it the second time she yelled out "Hello". Everyone in that church was chuckling, yes out loud. I even saw FR Chris smile as he finished the Mass.
Old 12-01-2010, 10:08 PM

when my son was about 3 (he's 45 now) he came out of the bathroom with kotex all over his body, he said he had made some new cloths.
Old 12-01-2010, 10:24 PM

when my youngest son was 6 (now 23) we went to a picnic/ fundraiser, there was a man there running for Mayor and he was handing out balloons, my son kept getting ballons from him , after i saw about his 10th trip of getting ballons and dissapearing in the crowd i followed him to see where he was going and low and behold he was selling them to people on the other side of the building to people for a dime each!!

one of my other sons and i went to the grocery store one day he was in the back seat with groceries and in the sack i had a box of kotex pads i picked up for my mom, well i decided to stop off at the drive yourself thru car wash , while we were in line waiting ( it was a busy saturday) he was in the sack and found the kotex , he took one out of the box and stuck it on his forhead over his eyebrows and i didnt notice till we came out of the drive thru and there he was looking out the window at everyone, with this stuck on him, he had rolled his window down a bit to see the water spray out and didnt want it to get in his eyes , so he put the kotex on to keep the rain out of his eyes !! i was mortified when everyone saw him