Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Come Virtually Quilt with me Today - 9/23!! >
  • Come Virtually Quilt with me Today - 9/23!!

• Come Virtually Quilt with me Today - 9/23!!

Old 09-24-2012, 03:13 AM

Never checked back in last night...got totally sidetracked with dinner and a phone call from a dear friend. I did manage to sub cut my Halloween strip sets and hope to get some blocks made today. This was a fun way to spend Sunday and I loved all the updates and project pictures. Thanks, Rachel, for organizing VQD

PokerDiva, I loved your mystery quilt so I went on the link you posted and printed out all the clues/instructions....another project for another day

Hope everyone has a blessed and productive week,
    Elke
    Old 09-24-2012, 03:54 AM

Looks like everyone did great! But I have a complaint! You need to give us more notice! It is Monday morning, and I am just finding out about your virtual quilting day. I was working on making pillowcases for a charity yesterday, and I started a Christmas table runner.

Do you have a specific day of the month, like the 3rd Sunday of the month, or whatever? That way I could mark it on my calendar. I don't always get to the "latest posts" section on a weekend.
    Old 09-24-2012, 04:24 AM

Originally Posted by grann of 6
    Looks like everyone did great! But I have a complaint! You need to give us more notice! It is Monday morning, and I am just finding out about your virtual quilting day. I was working on making pillowcases for a charity yesterday, and I started a Christmas table runner.

Do you have a specific day of the month, like the 3rd Sunday of the month, or whatever? That way I could mark it on my calendar. I don't always get to the "latest posts" section on a weekend.
    A few posts back, Rachael said Oct 14 for the next one. She usually sets a day for the next, when the current one is wrapping up. And then there's usually a reminder mid-week before the weekend starts.
    Old 09-24-2012, 04:45 AM

Thanks, Krista, I will mark it on my calendar and then look for the reminder. I had so much fun with the one a couple months back, but always seem to be missing them lately.
    Old 09-24-2012, 04:47 AM

I am going to quilt on a lap robe today.
    Old 09-24-2012, 05:01 AM

checking in on Mon in TX. No quilting Sunday, it was 96 degrees. Who wants to quilt? I just read a good book.
    Old 09-24-2012, 05:23 AM

DH and I had a great time at the air show. The Blue Angels are awesome. It was about 6pm when we got home, fixed supper and then worked on an embroidery project. I did get some more blocks cut for the quilt for youngest DS. I thought I would have an entire day to quilt but the day just happened. I had forgotten we had planned to go the the air show.
    Old 09-24-2012, 05:40 AM

Oh, I missed all the fun! I had too much mowing to do - took 3 hours to finish what I started mowing on Saturday...well, maybe next time!
    Old 09-24-2012, 05:42 AM

I really intended to check in yesterday. I read this every time but have not participated. I got so caught up in selecting quilts for a craft show and quilting on two quilts, I completely forgot. So this is what I worked on yesterday. On the Koi quilt I am thread painting the fish in each corner. After I get the orange on, I will go over it with a varigated yellow-orange. The rose trellis quilt has been quilted with just a wavy line on the white bias strips and now I am FMQing leaves on the border. I will also do some thread painting on the flowers on the border.
    Attached Thumbnails rose-trellis-quilting.jpeg   quilting-koil-quilt.jpeg  
    Old 09-24-2012, 05:45 AM

I just now saw the thread for the Virtual Quilt Day. I have taken part before and loved them! I did get to quilt yesterday, too. I worked on the mystery quilt that Poker Diva made. It was fun. . . . .it would have been more fun with all of you! I just read all of your posts. What fun and lovely projects. Jan in VA, how good you must feel to have made progress on your 'not as easy as it might look' project!