Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
National 2 Spool Treadle Sewing Machine >

National 2 Spool Treadle Sewing Machine

National 2 Spool Treadle Sewing Machine

Old 05-28-2013, 05:37 PM

I just put more pictures....it gave me the same message. That my pictures will not be posted until approved by moderation. SO...here is the link to the Photobucket album to see them. http://s486.photobucket.com/user/Bur...pool%20Treadle
Old 05-29-2013, 04:46 AM

ahh she's in nice shape! Good grief do I wish I lived closer to you. I'd have that in a heart beat!
Old 05-29-2013, 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by jennb View Post
ahh she's in nice shape! Good grief do I wish I lived closer to you. I'd have that in a heart beat!
Me too! I don't think they are easy to come with all the parts. Always wanted one.
Old 05-29-2013, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by deplaylady View Post
Me too! I don't think they are easy to come with all the parts. Always wanted one.
Me three! That for sure is a machine I would like.
Old 05-29-2013, 07:20 AM

I see one on craigslist for 150 which appears to be missing the throat plate/slide cover at a minimum, and one in an antique shop for 295, this one has the spool can. However, no one has bought either yet at these prices.
Old 05-29-2013, 06:10 PM

I wrote about one of these last week. I live toooooo far away too or I would want it too.
Old 05-29-2013, 07:31 PM

Darnit! I wish you ladies all lived in Oregon...it would make getting rid of it so much easier! I guess I will just put it on Ebay and see where it goes...would it devalue the machine if I took it apart from the actual cabinet? I am thinking it would attract more buyers since I would be able to ship just the machine via Fedex. However, if it is more special to have the original cabinet...I really don't want to separate it! Or if the machine wouldn't fit in just any cabinet???
Old 05-29-2013, 08:29 PM

I don't see how the cabinet could be original to the machine since the machine has a motor and that cabinet appears to be a treadle cabinet. I do not think that would easily fit into most other cabinets.

I'm sorry we are so far apart, because I'd buy that in a heartbeat. Even though it needs cleaning and servicing, the decals are good. I've wanted one for years. You are so lucky to have it.
Old 05-29-2013, 08:35 PM

I should add that I probably wouldn't ship it. That machine is most likely an antique and it would take a masterful packing job to get it to its destination undamaged. It is probably fragile. The cabinet also deserves a lot of respectful packing.

Why don't you find the nearest quilt guild and see if anyone wants it? (Sob!) If there was any way I could buy it, I would. I would think $200 would be the most you could get from a motivated buyer.
Old 05-29-2013, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by cricket_iscute View Post
I should add that I probably wouldn't ship it. That machine is most likely an antique and it would take a masterful packing job to get it to its destination undamaged. It is probably fragile. The cabinet also deserves a lot of respectful packing.

Why don't you find the nearest quilt guild and see if anyone wants it? (Sob!) If there was any way I could buy it, I would. I would think $200 would be the most you could get from a motivated buyer.

I saw an old newspaper ad online for this machine and it had the same cabinet. I also saw a few other pictures that had this machine in the same cabinet on a google search...I just assumed it must be original. I know absolutely nothing about antique machines...lol. As far as the motor goes...do they normally not have a motor? I wonder, if it is not operated by the treadle, I could just plug it in right now and see if it works? Or is that not something I should do until it was cleaned?

Good to know on the shipping end. That would scare me to ship it to someone and not have it arrive in perfect condition! I would definitely go to a quilt guild but live 3 hours away from any city large enough to have one. I live in Eastern Oregon...extremely rural with not a lot around.