Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

Shemjo 05-08-2011 10:25 AM

Wishing everyone a Happy Mother's Day! Weather here in St. Louis is wonderful!

Kas 05-08-2011 10:58 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Has anyone ever seen a 66 red eye with non metallic decals? I am getting very confused by my latest find. Her date is 1919 due to serial #G7175576. She has the back clamp feet (sort of rusty. How do I remove that?) And her decal under the badge is off center, so part of it is under the badge. The badge itself is sort of a copper color, not brass colored. Any input on this one?

Weedwoman 05-08-2011 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by tomilu

Originally Posted by emmah

Originally Posted by tomilu
So DH and I have decided we need a sales tax # to order parts. My parts stash is dwindling fast and we need gears, etc. and other parts. So my problem is what to call our little venture. Not being creative in that realm, I could use some suggestions on this beautiful Mothers Day.
Tommie

How about "Grandma's machine shop"

Great idea. DH's idea is "Redington's Relics" Hmmm, him or me??? :roll:

His idea is good. Since you love old machines so much how about Parts of My Heart Machine Shop?

Kathie S. 05-08-2011 12:10 PM

[ Would like to know how old it is and if I can get a manual for it. Some of the attachments are a complete puzzle! Have pictures in camera but not into the computer yet. Will send some in a later post.[/quote]

Like you I also have a New Home treadle. Mine is a 1911. I called New Home and was told that they did not have a manual. If any one here has a manuel that would like to sell or send us a copy please PM me. Kathie S.

purplefiend 05-08-2011 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Kathie S.
[ Would like to know how old it is and if I can get a manual for it. Some of the attachments are a complete puzzle! Have pictures in camera but not into the computer yet. Will send some in a later post.

Like you I also have a New Home treadle. Mine is a 1911. I called New Home and was told that they did not have a manual. If any one here has a manuel that would like to sell or send us a copy please PM me. Kathie S.[/quote]

You can find a manual on the Smithsonian website. Sorry I don't know what the URL is.
Sharon

vintagemotif 05-08-2011 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Kas
Has anyone ever seen a 66 red eye with non metallic decals? I am getting very confused by my latest find. Her date is 1919 due to serial #G7175576. She has the back clamp feet (sort of rusty. How do I remove that?) And her decal under the badge is off center, so part of it is under the badge. The badge itself is sort of a copper color, not brass colored. Any input on this one?

I love that motor!
Now that is a motor that I would keep on a machine. I like the vintage look! I like to toss the motors, but this motor has to stay even if it doesn't work. Way cool!

As to the rust, try Oxy Clean.

shelburn 05-08-2011 02:33 PM

To Purplefiend==
Thanks for reply about New Home treadle. How did you determine the year of your machine? I could not find any date or model no. I have the 800 no. for the New Home Co that was on Ismac's site. Will call tomorrow to see if they have any idea what year it is.
I had an idea to see if I could find a Singer Manual around that same date. Figured the machines might be similar. Do you have pictures of your machine here on the quilting board?

Honchey 05-08-2011 02:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Okay, Look at my newest stowaway!! No attachments yet, I have a 500A that has feet I can use for it.

Kas 05-08-2011 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif

Originally Posted by Kas

I love that motor!
Now that is a motor that I would keep on a machine. I like the vintage look! I like to toss the motors, but this motor has to stay even if it doesn't work. Way cool!

As to the rust, try Oxy Clean.

The only problem is it is missing critical parts...like the plug and foot pedal! There is a plug coming off the motor that is supposed to plug into the foot pedal attatchment. That is missing. I saw what it should look like on a Westinghouse machine online. The motor on the Westinghouse looks just like mine, but the label says Westinghouse. I will try to find that link and post it.

KatFish 05-08-2011 03:06 PM

I have a Singer 500A rocketeer and a Singer 503A. If you had to pick a better machine which one would you pick to keep, and why. I'm trying to thin out some of my machines.