Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

BoJangles 11-03-2012 05:15 AM

Originally Posted by miriam (Post 5626371)
Well, I've been out spending money again... I found a Phoenix. This machine is pretty cool - made in Germany - 1950s
it has a cam stack - I find it similar to the Singer 319 in some ways. I took pics but I don't know if they will post.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]373728[/ATTACH]
and
[ATTACH=CONFIG]373729[/ATTACH]
The bobbin has a flip down cover the case and bobbin ride in. Whole area is full of lint.
There is a lever on the back to push as the lever for the disks is pushed to select design stitches
There is no manual but I found a sales brochure in wonderful condition.

Miriam, I love the Phoenix! You do find the coolest machines! I hope you are letting your shoulder heal!

Nancy

Charlee 11-03-2012 10:14 AM

~sneaking in to say "HI!!"~ :) Busy, busy...but wanted to stop in and see how everyone is doing!

Mizkaki! It's so good to see you posting again...and it's good to see the new folks too! Miriam and Glenn, are you two keeping everyone in line? :D Elections are almost done (YAY!!!), and I'll be able to spend more time on the board, and hopefully more time quilting! The spousal unit already gave me one of my gifts....he got me two fat quarter bundles of Timeless Treasure's "Vivienne" line...not only really pretty fabrics, but "Vivienne" (exact spelling) was my mother's name! :)

I'll try to go back and read the posts....but in case I don't get time (I'm at work) give me a line on what everyone is up to!! :)

chris_quilts 11-03-2012 10:45 AM

Charlee;
Nice to see you back on. I missed out on a Priscilla treadle. Bummer :( ~ Chris

Charlee 11-03-2012 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by chris_quilts (Post 5632084)
Charlee;
Nice to see you back on. I missed out on a Priscilla treadle. Bummer :( ~ Chris

Thanks Chris!! :)
I'm sorry you missed out on the Priscilla tho...that bites! :(

miriam 11-03-2012 11:35 AM

I will be cleaning up a Singer FW this afternoon!!! It has the older style face.

Charlee 11-03-2012 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by miriam (Post 5632167)
I will be cleaning up a Singer FW this afternoon!!! It has the older style face.

Way cool... I've sure been looking at more Featherweights...even tho I don't use the one I have nearly enough! :D

miriam 11-03-2012 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by miriam (Post 5632167)

It had the needle in backwards. :D:D:D:D

miriam 11-03-2012 01:21 PM

I'm thinking the Phoenix takes some smaller needle... 1738 what ever that is... :thumbdown:

Mizkaki 11-03-2012 03:44 PM

Miriam,

The Phoenix Rotary is made by Baer & Rempel and takes a round shank 16x1 needle. The 1738 is also the same length and in fact may be the same needle. The 16x1 needle is the same length as the DBx1, but may have a different diameter (which does change between mfgs). And BTW is the same length as the 15x1 needle.

Cathy

Originally Posted by miriam (Post 5632388)
I'm thinking the Phoenix takes some smaller needle... 1738 what ever that is... :thumbdown:

miriam 11-03-2012 03:46 PM

Now I wonder. I'm going to have to go take the needle out of the machine and look at it.