Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7

Thread: Vintage Japanese 'Badged' sewing machine with fancy stitches

are these needed in a digital file?

Hello I am a newbie to the boards and I have enjoyed going thru all these old photos I have one of my own I acquired recently. I am looking for more information on it if anyone has it. I am in the process of cleaning it up it came in a hard plastic case that was well gross. That cleaned up beautiful I have cleaned up the interior of the machine and working on the exterior it runs like a champ. It has a Aldens plate on it but no model number just a serial number on the base. I have tracked down that it is similar to the Dressmaker s2400 and the Morse 2400 would there be any other machines that this would have been named. I would love to find the cams to this as it sews beautiful.

Name:  alden.jpg
Views: 547
Size:  14.2 KB

Blog Entries
    somewhere on here is a cams info thread - I don't know where right now. It can be very frustrating tracking them down though. I've gotten some I thought were right but were missing a little lip or some that were right but were slightly too small or sold some then found a machine that needed them.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    good mothers let you lick the beaters - great mothers turn it off first

Sabine

Thank you I will give it a look I did not see that thread. I think I am starting a collection of sewing machines while picking back up an old hobby lol.

A companion for GiGi

Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    I have some really beautiful machines and so not so beautiful. I hope they will all load some time. I'll start with one or two and let other people add theirs. I'll add more later. This one is really a pretty machine. It is a Dressmaker.
    Attachment 380772
    I just helped my wife purchase a plain older version of his that does straight stitch only. After falling in love with the dressmaker line, I am in the process of rewiring the old motor and looking for a zig zag stitch companion like this machine or the atomic burst version to go with the one my wife affectionately call GiGi. Might this machine be available or might you have any leads?

Blog Entries
    There are some model of Dressmaker that are cheaply made.

Does anyone know the model number for this one? I own the same one

Does anyone know the model number for this one? I own the same one

Quote Originally Posted by frudemoo View Post
    Wow! Just found this thread - super cool

This is my new toy, I ended up back here searching around for other machines like it after Google turned up absolutely nothing. I was really surprised as I have seen a few Myer Deluxe models here over the past couple of years. I didn't think they were that uncommon.

Anyway, I've never seen one exactly like this before so I thought I'd add mine to the gallery of other 'pretties'...

Attachment 469731

Quote Originally Posted by quiltedsunshine View Post
    It's been fun to see everyones' machine pictures!

OK, here are a few of mine...

The Belvedere is sewn off and ready to sell, but I don't have cams for it.

The Dressmaker needs work. I have the cams for it, but not the reverse button.

The New Home, I bought clean, but haven't had time to play with it yet.

The Riccar is just a fun package! The case has these spring-loaded bars on each side that you turn, then push in to release the cover. Then the one side comes off to reveal a storage space: one side for bobbins, the other for thread spools, with one small box for accessories and the other for the cams. The cam door is in the front, and flips up. Down side is that it has a broken driver gear. I have a replacement, just need to put it in.
    Would you care to tell me the model number of the Dressmaker? I have a set of cams in a box that looks just like that. A photo of the cams would be terrific, too!

Thanks,
    Crystal

Blog Entries

Dressmaker Vintage Sewing Machine

I just got this sewing machine. my daughter just bought a house and the people she bought it from left this machine I wonder if anyone could tell me how old it is. I really don't know much about it. I think its a very pretty machine.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries

Vintage Dressmaker Sewing Machine

More pics of my Vintage Dressmaker Sewing Machine.

Blog Entries

Vintage Dressmaker Sewing Machine

Here are more pics of the sewing machine

Bradford Deluxe 850-Lightweight Model W.T.G. #850

Quote Originally Posted by tkevans View Post
    These sewing machines are wonderful! Perhaps you can help me. I've inherited a 'Braford Deluxe', made in Japan. I'm fairly certain that my Grandmother bought this machine from the W. T. Grant Co. store in Yuba City CA in the early 1970s, which went out of business in 1975. I found 'Model W. T. G. #950' on the machine, and wikipedia says that WT Grant used 'Bradford' to brand their electronic items. I'm looking for a manual, and bobbins and whatever else I might need. I used the machine for the first time yesterday and was able to figure out enough to actually sew something, but am flying by the seat of my pants. I found several websites about sewing machines yesterday, including this one, but 'Bradford' does not show up much even though there are seemingly hundreds of makers that do. I wonder if I could find out who made 'Bradford Deluxe' machines for WTG Co. I might be able to track down a manual. I did notice that the Wards Models UHT J1276 and UHT J1277 are set up very much like the Bradford Deluxe. Could you give me any clues? Thanks, Thomas
    Attachment 390855
    I have the 850 model and it is very similar but I also unable to find any manuals or info on this machine or the company other than they are from Japan and went out of business in the mid 70's Any luck finding a link to some useful information on this machine would be most appreciated I think I have it threaded correctly and it is sewing well but not sure on what all can be done with it or if I really have it even threaded correctly without manual Thanks, Craig
    Name:  2016-06-05 19.35.53.jpg
Views: 387
Size:  770.0 KB

Earlier Bradfords were built by Brother but I can't tell you who built that one. It looks like you have it threaded correctly. If it is sewing a good stitch, then you've done it right.

Cari

Blog Entries
    It is threaded correctly but you do need to catch the check spring in the tension as you go past. Some have a bar, some have a little path on the tension top.
    The machine is a simple zz or ss.
    It takes class 15 bobbins
    The R button is reverse. Upper knob is stitch width.
    The knob between the two and slightly to the right is your stitch length.
    I know nothing about the many companies that made those machines.
    A generic manual should be of some help.

Wow

I didn't think I was ever gonna come across another machine like mine entail now!!!
    Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 261
Size:  502.0 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by frudemoo View Post
    Wow! Just found this thread - super cool

This is my new toy, I ended up back here searching around for other machines like it after Google turned up absolutely nothing. I was really surprised as I have seen a few Myer Deluxe models here over the past couple of years. I didn't think they were that uncommon.

Anyway, I've never seen one exactly like this before so I thought I'd add mine to the gallery of other 'pretties'...

Attachment 469731

Gorgeous! I love the pink ones
    Margaret F

Blog Entries
    Did you know that each stitch on that dial may be 3 stitches depending on where you set the needle. Take care to clean inside the machine very well before you turn the dials. Any dried up oil can cause the dials not to turn or not to turn right. Once they turn you are in for some WOW. I love having the LCR needle positions on these machines. This will have more stitches than a Singer 401 and others.

this looks like the Montgomery Ward sewing machine that I learned to sew on about 50 years ago.

Thanks to all who post their awesome machines, they are fantastic! I have a question for you Miram, I thought I read it on one of your posts but can't find it. Is the little initial tag on the throat the company or person who painted it?Name:  20170625_151232.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  915.1 KB

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7