Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 02-19-2011, 07:49 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Kathie S.
I took my hc 28 into have it serviced. It is missing the wire thread guide on the tension. The tech. said that it is okay because it is not needed. Any feed back on that? Kathie
You need it to keep tension on the thread when your sewing. I have them here if you need one.

Billy
Old 02-19-2011, 08:02 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Happy Treadler
I also hear there's an irredescent automotive paint out there that actually changes colors. How cool would that be?

Yep it been out for a while PPG, Dupont, House of Kolor (what I usually shoot) all have it. You have to shoot a base coat of black then you shoot the color shift over it and then clear it out. The color shift paints come in 30 different color shifts and run around $200 a pint. It gets the color shift qualities from the Aluminum oxide in the paint.

Since I paint high end show cars and bikes I always use HOK (House of Kolor) and most of my repaints are shot in their system. The 27 I am fixing to paint is a neon Lime Green that is 80% Pearl and it is really going to pop when I am finished with it. Then I have a 66 that I am shooting a Candy Hot Pink that should be pretty nice and it will be a hand crank.

But some of the machines I have done are owned by a few of our members including the Candy Blue 66 that was my favorite!

Billy
Old 02-19-2011, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by JaneK
Hi all,

I've been doing my usual CL trolling and found a couple of things I want you all to look at. I am curious about the info on the small singer, it's really unusual
http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/clt/2216126398.html

Also these older machines and cabinets are different than any I've seen before
.http://greenbay.craigslist.org/atq/2205610318.html
What is this one?
http://madison.craigslist.org/atq/2168105286.html

would love to hear your comments!
Jane
They all are fine machines, but that last one from madison is very interesting. That one would be way cool to work on. Does anyone know what that machine was used for? Wish they had a close up of the machine. I like the cabinet.
Old 02-19-2011, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by JaneK
Hi all,

I've been doing my usual CL trolling and found a couple of things I want you all to look at. I am curious about the info on the small singer, it's really unusual
http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/clt/2216126398.html

Also these older machines and cabinets are different than any I've seen before
.http://greenbay.craigslist.org/atq/2205610318.html
What is this one?
http://madison.craigslist.org/atq/2168105286.html

would love to hear your comments!
Jane
The 1st machine is a child's toy machine.
#2 is made by the White sewing machine company.
Your 3rd machine is a Wheeler & Wilson #8.
Old 02-19-2011, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
Look what came to live at my house today!
Nice finds!
Old 02-19-2011, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif

They all are fine machines, but that last one from madison is very interesting. That one would be way cool to work on. Does anyone know what that machine was used for? Wish they had a close up of the machine. I like the cabinet.
I know, it looked so different to me too.I'm interested to see if anyone knows what kind of machine it is. I may call the person just for details.
Jane
Old 02-19-2011, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by purplefiend

The 1st machine is a child's toy machine.
#2 is made by the White sewing machine company.
Your 3rd machine is a Wheeler & Wilson #8.
I knew someone would know...I thought the first was a toy, but the W/W is pretty neat. Thanks so much
Jane
Old 02-19-2011, 08:19 PM

Your 403 is my machine's sister! lol Mine was my Mom's that I inherited. Loved sewing on it when I was growing up & still love it now. You will enjoy yours I'm sure. :) You might look on EBay for more cams. Looks like you have the standard set and there are more that had to be bought separate. I found & bought enough of the additional cams to feel "complete".
Old 02-19-2011, 08:29 PM

Hello every one out there l have within this last week become the owner of a Singer Treadle sewing machine and would you believe four Singer portable machines and two other portable ones. l went to look at the treadle at a deceased estate and he asked me if l was interested, well to cut out a long story l made two trips to collect them with all sewing kneedles ectr. so l have now got a second sewing room l will post pictures when l know how to get them in this section. Can any one tell me how?????
l love this section.
Old 02-19-2011, 08:32 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl
Your 403 is my machine's sister! lol Mine was my Mom's that I inherited. Loved sewing on it when I was growing up & still love it now. You will enjoy yours I'm sure. :) You might look on EBay for more cams. Looks like you have the standard set and there are more that had to be bought separate. I found & bought enough of the additional cams to feel "complete".
I looked but only saw one that I thought would be useful-- the faggoting st. cam. I thought that would be good for decorative joining. I have a Bernina 830 with tons of decorative patterns built in via steel cams, and just have rarely used them...

I was totally blessed to find this machine. I wasn't even looking! It's just really dusty and probably needs a good cleaning inside, but is so nice, otherwise. I'm very excited. I have wanted to add one of the Singer slants to my collection. This machine and I have the same birth year-- 1956! On top of that, I think this is the same model machine that my aunt had and used all my life. She passed away last summer, and I asked her daughter if I could buy her sewing machine to remind me of her, only to find out they had given it away years before! Even tho this wasn't my aunt's actual machine, it reminds me of her, anyway.