Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 07-27-2011, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by quilt addict
Janice, I looked at my White irons and someone who posted was correct. They are much shorter than the Singers or others I have as they attached to the bottom of the drawers not the top. You can have them if you want but you would have to find someway to raise your platform. So I think you may be better off with something else.

Why did I even bring these home with me???????
To make a coffee table with.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:45 AM

Yes, I have two of them. They were Singer's first attempt at a ZZ for home use. They use the 206 X 13 needle, and like the 306/319/320 must be tipped back to change bobbins. The needle plate must be changed when switching from straight to ZZ stitching. They are quite heavy and are best in a cabinet.

They sew great (of course) and are fairly simple. The drawbacks are the needle and bobbin changing system.

As for the "industrial" listing, I have heard that the 306/319 machines are "light industrial", but have a feeling that is going more on looks that actual usage.
Originally Posted by jljack
Anyone know anything about a 206K25? It looks like a domestic machine but listed on ISMACS as an Industrial. Serial Number says it is 10/1/52. It doesn't look industrial!

http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem.asp?ItemID=8287068
Old 07-27-2011, 09:48 AM

The pictures are terrible and I can't quite see what this is, but my gut level feeling is you'd better go buy this one RIGHT NOW. It looks like a child's machine, and if so would be worth hundreds. Of course, I could be wrong. . . .
Originally Posted by deplaylady
Old 07-27-2011, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by jljack
Anyone know anything about a 206K25? It looks like a domestic machine but listed on ISMACS as an Industrial. Serial Number says it is 10/1/52. It doesn't look industrial!

http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem.asp?ItemID=8287068
I have a 206K. It is not an industrial machine. The 206 was the first zigzag machine by Singer, I understand. The machine takes a different size needle. And mine has a knee control, which I like. The needles are the only thing I have found that might deter someone from buying it. I use it for a lot of things. It worked especially well for a denim quilt someone commissioned me to sew.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
Janice, I looked at my White irons and someone who posted was correct. They are much shorter than the Singers or others I have as they attached to the bottom of the drawers not the top. You can have them if you want but you would have to find someway to raise your platform. So I think you may be better off with something else.

Why did I even bring these home with me???????
To make a coffee table with.
Table with a marble top...then sell it on Craigslist for $200. That's what people do here. Or at least try to.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:01 AM

Thank you for everyone's comments on the 127 spa treatment. I give Billy all the credit for his wonderful tutorials. It has been a long start and stop process but now I am excited to see if I put it back together correctly and be able to make it sew. The good thing was no parts left over. I was worried for about 15 minutes about a couple of extra screws but figured out where they should go.

It is not as good as it looks. The clear coat is very crazed and missing is some areas. That Japan paint is very shining with nothing over it! Some of the decals are silvered a bit. There is lots of chipping down to bare metal around the outer edge of the base. I think I will get some paint to touch that up, at least keep it from rusting again.

Now I have to figure out which cabinet in the garage she came out of and get that cleaned up to match while I search for a donor part. Billy may come to my rescue again!

It didn't sew before because it was mostly froze up. So anything is an improvement. Now to think up a name for her/him.

IF Billy doesn't have that part and you want to try the one off the 27 let me know
Old 07-27-2011, 10:13 AM

Wish I was in Rochester! My sister is there, but she would think I was nuts if I called and asked her to go get it for me. :-(
Old 07-27-2011, 10:14 AM

If I had a sister in Rochester, I'd send her, whether she thought me nutty or not!
Originally Posted by Quilt Mom
Wish I was in Rochester! My sister is there, but she would think I was nuts if I called and asked her to go get it for me. :-(
Old 07-27-2011, 10:24 AM

Well, Miz Johnny, I called her just now, and she said she would give the people a call. She is worried about having to store it if she buys it for me. But I think I just might manage a trip to Rochester if she manages to come home with the machine. I will let you know what happens. Thanks for being an enabler! :lol:
Old 07-27-2011, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by Quilt Mom
Well, Miz Johnny, I called her just now, and she said she would give the people a call. She is worried about having to store it if she buys it for me. But I think I just might manage a trip to Rochester if she manages to come home with the machine. I will let you know what happens. Thanks for being an enabler! :lol:
Yay Miz Johnny for being an enabler! Quilt Mom - this machine will be so worth a trip to your sister's. Hope she picks it up & stores it for you until you can get there.