Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 03-10-2011, 02:32 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by kwendt
My other, older 301, that has the rust lightly through out and the quarter-sized spot of white aluminum spauling on the base... well. That's prob. going to Goodwill. Unless someone wants it from this list (just pay the shipping). It didn't come with any attachments...
PM Sent

Billy
Old 03-10-2011, 02:33 PM
Banned

I dont know about the Greyhound being cast into the treadle irons but it would be a gorgeous set if there were any!!

Billy
Old 03-10-2011, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by tomilu
Not often I see these wonderful old Pfaffs available. This one is looks to be in great shape in a blond cabinet. Hesston KS is about 45 min north of Wichita.
http://wichita.craigslist.org/gms/2257498423.html
Tomilu, that looks like a 130, which is what I have of my Mother's. Those machines are work horses!

Nancy
I think you are right on both counts. Only minus is they are a heavy heavy machine.
Old 03-10-2011, 03:50 PM

I can't sew with my 66 treadle yet! :-( I'm hoping someone on here can help me. I purchased my 1921 Singer 66 Red Eye without the standard presser foot. The foot had been lost. It is 'L' shaped and the two projections that sit on the fabric are different lengths. The foot is 13/16" from bed to bottom of screw notch. It attaches on the back of the shaft. (Back clamp style). I think the part number is 32559. I'm using a shirt tail hemmer for the measurement. I really am anxious to get my treadle machine going so that I can use it. This is the only vintage machine that I have so far. If anyone could tell me where I might find this foot, I would greatly appreciate it.

This is the style foot that I need. This is a hemmer, but I need a standard foot.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]139383[/ATTACH]

Here is how the foot attaches on the back.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]139384[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-139378.jpe   attachment-139379.jpe  
Old 03-10-2011, 04:13 PM
Power Poster

An 85 year old woman posted some machines for sale in a rural paper. I called and she couldn't give me much info, like what models they were. She said the Singer was a green machine and was originally a treadle, but had been converted to electric at some point... Would any of you have any idea what that could be? Did the 185 come as a treadle? I would like to figure out what she has before I drive that far to look. She is unable to lift the machine up into the cabinet to look for numbers and she said she has no family available to help her. (How sad!) If you have any ideas what model this might be, I'd love to know. I think the 185 was the earliest green model, and then some of the 300s were green, but would they have been sold as treadles? I'm puzzled.
Old 03-10-2011, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by tomilu
I have an older Kenmore on the "free" topic. It is a model 158-523. Perhaps you know someone who needs a basic machine w/ZZ.
It is already Pending, with a waiting list.
Old 03-10-2011, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
An 85 year old woman posted some machines for sale in a rural paper. I called and she couldn't give me much info, like what models they were. She said the Singer was a green machine and was originally a treadle, but had been converted to electric at some point... Would any of you have any idea what that could be? Did the 185 come as a treadle? I would like to figure out what she has before I drive that far to look. She is unable to lift the machine up into the cabinet to look for numbers and she said she has no family available to help her. (How sad!) If you have any ideas what model this might be, I'd love to know. I think the 185 was the earliest green model, and then some of the 300s were green, but would they have been sold as treadles? I'm puzzled.
The 185 was never a treadle. :thumbup:
Old 03-10-2011, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
What part of MS?
Old 03-10-2011, 04:51 PM

My mom has got the sewing machine bug!! She had gotten a 99K a few years back, but sold it due to lack of space. Well, she got to thinking that the lady who had bought it had passed away, and her family might sell it back. So she got it again. Here is a pic, as is, and will post another when it gets spit-shined.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-150023.jpe  
Old 03-10-2011, 05:03 PM

[quote=kwendt
Found another, pristine black 301 shortbed.... no rust. Came with cradle still stuck to it, stuffed with all attachments and buttonholer, books, some other fancy stuff that I don't know what it is...]

If there's a ruffler in there that you don't want, it'd love to find a home here. I want to make a ruffled shower curtain. Just a thought. Judy