Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 03-13-2011, 10:26 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by cowgirlquilter
I am amazed at my sweetheart.......we were relaxing on the couch and I mentioned I have always wanted tofind an od treadle machine to replace the one my mom had given me, but was stolen.
Not 5 minutes after firing up the computer, this is what he found. It was in my living room within 48 hours......
Beautiful machine indeed!!!

I love the "wanted dead or alive" poster in the background, still looking for the culprit?

Billy
Old 03-13-2011, 10:35 AM

Wow what a sweetheart!! That is a pretty machine in a pretty cabinet.
I am amazed at my sweetheart.......we were relaxing on the couch and I mentioned I have always wanted tofind an od treadle machine to replace the one my mom had given me, but was stolen.
Not 5 minutes after firing up the computer, this is what he found. It was in my living room within 48 hours......
Old 03-13-2011, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by Donna Mare
Yes, I did have the needle plate..OfF ...and ON .. and on.. I went in about 20 mins ago...told the machine..You die after this last try..

so I moved it to where I thought it would work..and DANGNABBIT ALL TO 'ELL.... I got it all back together..... it now fits...
I guess that machine knew that you meant business :mrgreen: !!!!!!!
Old 03-13-2011, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by melinda1962
Wow what a sweetheart!! That is a pretty machine in a pretty cabinet.
Yep....he's a keeper :thumbup: . I love the decals on your new treadle!!!!
Old 03-13-2011, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Beautiful machine indeed!!!

I love the "wanted dead or alive" poster in the background, still looking for the culprit?

Billy
That is me and my sweetheart-and we are culprits, that is for sure!!!!!

:oops: :oops: I was so excited topost, I forgot toremove "evidence of shenanigans!"
Old 03-13-2011, 11:19 AM

Holy cow.... that Damascus is like PRISTINE. How beautiful... (and how wonderful of your hubby too!)... Those decals are refined and elegant....
Old 03-13-2011, 11:20 AM

I had quite a bunch of pages to go through, but it is worth it to see all the beautiful machines posted. I am starting to think Christmas present for my 10 yr old DGD after seeing the Singer hand crank. She was here about 5 minutes last Wed. and she had to have some fabric to sew on my HC. And can she treadle! She sat right down to my treadle and had it singing. I bought her some fabric to work on next school break when she comes over.
Old 03-13-2011, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by HisPatchwork
I had quite a bunch of pages to go through, but it is worth it to see all the beautiful machines posted. I am starting to think Christmas present for my 10 yr old DGD after seeing the Singer hand crank. She was here about 5 minutes last Wed. and she had to have some fabric to sew on my HC. And can she treadle! She sat right down to my treadle and had it singing. I bought her some fabric to work on next school break when she comes over.
Sew great.... how old is she? Gosh I wish I hadn't been such a little snit when I was a kid. lol... I could have learned alot from my elders (and betters!). Now that I'm old...er, I have realized the error of my ways too late to do much about it.... ah well...
Old 03-13-2011, 12:13 PM

beautiful machines all! I keep reading and watching. Newbies all the time. It is great to see such a great group with a common interest! Just love every chance I get to come to this site and read/see what everyone finds! Thanks all for sharing.
Old 03-13-2011, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by buslady
beautiful machines all! I keep reading and watching. Newbies all the time. It is great to see such a great group with a common interest! Just love every chance I get to come to this site and read/see what everyone finds! Thanks all for sharing.
Ditto !!

Love living vicariously through others :)