Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 03-13-2011, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Kitzone
One thing that I started a couple years ago was a Vintage Sewing Machine Inventory spreadsheet. I keep a list of each machine's make, model, purchase date, where it came from, how much it cost and any story that went along with the machine. Judy
That is a really good idea - I try and keep track of each of my machines and their serial numbers, but your spreadsheet idea is even better.

Nancy
Old 03-13-2011, 02:29 PM

Hey all... I just noticed that there are some decals for sale on ebay for (I think) 221s. I do not know if they are the cheesy kind or what. Those that know... can go look and 'report' back to us. lol. I only know that there have been people looking for them on and off....

Meanwhile... I was checking all the photo's of 15-91's for sale, and parts. There are no blackside 15-91s... or parts... out there. (at the moment). I wanted to get some matching blackside attachments for mine... but... :shock: where to look?! I have an adjustable hemmer in blackside, and one bobbin... that's about it. Anyone here have any they don't need? hint, hint???? :D
Old 03-13-2011, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
One thing that I started a couple years ago was a Vintage Sewing Machine Inventory spreadsheet. I keep a list of each machine's make, model, purchase date, where it came from, how much it cost and any story that went along with the machine. Judy
That is a really good idea - I try and keep track of each of my machines and their serial numbers, but your spreadsheet idea is even better.

Nancy
Kitzone.... is that something you could post or send to us individually? If you're willing to share your set up (not the data, obviously..that's private) please PM me....
Old 03-13-2011, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by luv2learn
Nancy,
my 66's date is feb 5, 1924 and has a side clamp.
Brenda
Well, that is interesting, so far everyone from the 19 teen's and the 1921's, and 2's, have a back clamp except Kathie's 1909 with a side clamp. Does anyone else have a side clamp with a machine younger than 1924 beside Kathie's 1909 machine? It would be interesting to put together an time frame of when the 66's went from side clamp to back clamp to side clamp if that is what in fact happened? I am really starting to think Kathie's side clamping 1909 is a re-do!

Nancy
Old 03-13-2011, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by cowgirlquilter
I am amazed at my sweetheart.......we were relaxing on the couch and I mentioned I have always wanted tofind an od treadle machine to replace the one my mom had given me, but was stolen.
Not 5 minutes after firing up the computer, this is what he found. It was in my living room within 48 hours......
Wow that Damascus is beautiful!

Nancy
Old 03-13-2011, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by kwendt

Nancy
Kitzone.... is that something you could post or send to us individually? If you're willing to share your set up (not the data, obviously..that's private) please PM me....
I'd be more then happy to share the spreadsheet if anyone would be interested. The one that I created is in MS Excel but I am sure you could modify it to fit any software application. Just PM me with your email address and I will send you the attachment.

Judy
Old 03-13-2011, 02:55 PM

Nancy,
Brenda
Well, that is interesting, so far everyone from the 19 teen's and the 1921's, and 2's, have a back clamp except Kathie's 1909 with a side clamp. Does anyone else have a side clamp with a machine younger than 1924 beside Kathie's 1909 machine? It would be interesting to put together an time frame of when the 66's went from side clamp to back clamp to side clamp if that is what in fact happened? I am really starting to think Kathie's side clamping 1909 is a re-do!

Nancy
Nancy if in fact my side clamp started out as a back clamp, how can I tell? Where and what do I look for? Kathie
Old 03-13-2011, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Weedwoman
Opened up the model 27 and I don't have any idea what the decals are called. They are still on but there are very few of them. Not ornate at all like some you see. I did notice the pitman is wood and the irons are in good shape. Everything just needs a good cleaning and oiled. My pics aren't very good but I'll post anyway.
Weedwoman, I haven't seen that decal. Is this the 1902 machine? A wood pitman usually means it is a pre 1900 machine. The machine is very pretty and looks like it is in great shape except for the decals silvering, which is common.

Nancy
I can't find a pic of that decal anywhere but it is a 27 serial #186012. Maybe the head was not the original for that cabinet. I couldn't get any history of the machine at all.

Has anybody made slide off decals for their machines? I'd like to make some for Elvira (a little on the dark side) just for fun.
Just wondering if anyone had given that a try.
Old 03-13-2011, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Weedwoman
I can't find a pic of that decal anywhere but it is a 27 serial #186012. Maybe the head was not the original for that cabinet. I couldn't get any history of the machine at all.

Has anybody made slide off decals for their machines? I'd like to make some for Elvira (a little on the dark side) just for fun.
Just wondering if anyone had given that a try.
lol... do you mean like the 'cling' vinyls that kids put on the windows at holiday times? Or do you mean like flexible magnetic ones, like fridge magnets? I'm having fun just imagining... the possibilities! :mrgreen:
Old 03-13-2011, 03:10 PM

Nancy,
Brenda

Nancy
Nancy, I have 3 66's, the 1917 is a back clamp, the 1919 and the 1924 are both side clamps.