Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 06-01-2010, 08:23 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by cjaye44

I downloaded the manual as you suggested....the only problem I have is that these "senior" eyes can't read the parts of the machine at the top of page 3. I tried a magnifying glass but that made it even more blurry. Does anyone have an original manual from which they can post a clearer picture?? It sure would be greatly appreciated.
You're right - that page has been scanned poorly and I can't read it either.
Old 06-01-2010, 08:33 AM

Really beautiful machine, Dunster. :)

Check out this YouTube video, SherriB http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0NeekbwREY
"How to wind a bobbin on a Singer 66 treadle"
YouTube rocks!
Old 06-01-2010, 08:38 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by AshleyO

Check out this YouTube video, SherriB http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0NeekbwREY
YouTube rocks!
What a neat video. It's for a model 66 treadle, so I don't think it will apply to my new No. 2, but it just so happens I also have a model 66, and it is the one I'm going to work on first, so I really appreciate the info.
Old 06-01-2010, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by dunster
Originally Posted by AshleyO

YouTube rocks!
What a neat video. It's for a model 66 treadle, so I don't think it will apply to my new No. 2, but it just so happens I also have a model 66, and it is the one I'm going to work on first, so I really appreciate the info.
Oh, sorry the top was a comment about your awesome new machine. The video was directed to SherriB, but I hope it helps you out in the future, too! :) Hehe
Old 06-01-2010, 08:45 AM

Everyone has had such a great weekend. Cannot believe the beauties that you folks have found. I hit some garage sales but did not get a machine. There was one 99 that they wanted $50 for on Saturday but said everything was going to be half off on Sunday. I went back Sunday morning and it was still there but they had decided that they were not coming down on the price. So I was good and did not get it. I can just keep working on the ones I purchased last month when I was out of control. I think since I have quit drinking Billy's coffee I have more will power to resist.

I just bid on a treadle on ebay for $20 in the hopes that my sister will pick it up for me. Not sure how I will get it home. Maybe I will just clean it up and let her have it. She wanted me to help convert her current machine back to a treadle.
Old 06-01-2010, 09:07 AM
Banned

Okay How to Wind a 66 Bobbin.........

Put the spool of thread on the spool pin and then take the thread and feed it to the hook before the faceplate then bring it back to the bobbin winder. There will be a hole in the bobbin you poke the thread for the inside of the bobbin through the tiny hole and then take the tail and run it through the the large hole and then place it on the winder.

The thread then will go in the top of the winder arm then hook it under the arm in the notch.

Here is a better photo of the winding path, sorry they are a bit blurry..............

Billy
Attached Thumbnails attachment-76698.jpe   attachment-76699.jpe   attachment-76700.jpe   attachment-76701.jpe  
Old 06-01-2010, 09:50 AM

Sherri,
Thanks for the video, I have a 99K with the same type of bobbin winder, now I can wind bobbins on it; rather than using my Singer 201K treadle(same bobbin).
Sharon W. in Texas
Old 06-01-2010, 11:57 AM

I am even more excited for my bobbins to arrive in the mail!!!! :mrgreen: I have some 1930's reproduction charms just waiting to be sewn together on my treadle!! I haven't named her but I will have to soon!
Old 06-01-2010, 12:06 PM

Oh, I have one more question for everyone. I was at the Salvation Army with DD (my enabler) today when I should have been sleeping. (Worked last night and have work tonight) They had their nick nacks 1/2 off. I was browsing around and found these 2 sewing boxes. The Griest was $2.00 and the other was $1.00. I opened them up and almost squealed! LOL

The Griest had all original feet in it in excellent condition!!! The other was a no brand name for $1.00. Can either sets of feet work on my #66? Or any other machine as well? I only paid $2.19 for both boxes, so either way is a win. I love old sewing notions and have even started collecting them! LOL :mrgreen: :oops:
Attached Thumbnails attachment-76822.jpe   attachment-76823.jpe   attachment-76824.jpe   attachment-76825.jpe   attachment-76826.jpe  

Old 06-01-2010, 01:10 PM

Sherri B,
Some of the attachments might work, but 2 of the attachments in the last picture are for a zig zag machine.
It depends on if your Singer 66's feet attach on the side or in the back. If you have a back clamper, they won't fit.
Sharon W.