Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 05-31-2011, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by jljack
Originally Posted by SewExtreme

Now, it is my turn to THANK YOU. I just got done cleaning and labeling all the attachments that came with my newly acquired Singer 301A. I have two Ruffler attachments that I had no idea how to use. And, right in your 'my pages' on the Sew Machine page is the very site I need...

Free Attachment / Feet Instructions

http://www.thesewbox.com/free_sewing...tructions.html

Perfect! You have made my day! I have a dress I want to make for my 3 year old GD pictured in my avatar. Yippee! :-D :-D
Wow!! Thanks....I needed the same information for the ruffler foot I just bought for my 301a. Thanks for finding this site!! And YOU made MY Day!!! :-) :thumbup:
LOL It must a win-win situation! :-D

No, wait... that is a win-win-win situation. I got a little turned around... which isn't hard for me to do! :lol: :lol:
Old 05-31-2011, 04:00 PM

Here's a WHITE Singer 15!!! Ever seen one? They say made in 1938. I didn't check the Singer serial number site to verify, but it's only $20!!! 2 hours left on the auction!

http://cgi.ebay.com/1938-SINGER-SEWI...item415a3ddf3e
It's a repaint, you can see that they painted over the serial number; its in the oval below the stitch length lever. Interesting orange hand wheel. :roll:
I love the Singer 15's. I put a picture of my 15-90 in here. Its
powered by Elgin brand treadle irons and the top from a Singer coffin top sits on top of them.
Sharon W.

1949 Singer 15-90(formerly electric)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]204877[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-204871.jpe  
Old 05-31-2011, 04:59 PM

Here's a WHITE Singer 15!!! Ever seen one? They say made in 1938. I didn't check the Singer serial number site to verify, but it's only $20!!! 2 hours left on the auction!

http://cgi.ebay.com/1938-SINGER-SEWI...item415a3ddf3e
Janice, that machine looks very nice, but I'd be willing to bet it has been painted. The name Singer does not appear on the machine, and coming from1938, there should be gold decals somewhere on the machine along with Singer.

It still looks really good, though.

Nancy
Old 05-31-2011, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by leevenora
I am sure it has been posted somewhere on here already but, could someone tell me what is best to clean the outside of the machine, with out hurting the decals. thanks
Leevenora, Scotts Liquid Gold works very well too. When you read Billy's tutorial it is listed as are GoJo and Goop, non-pumice. You can also shine it up with sewing machine oil.

Nancy
Old 05-31-2011, 05:08 PM

Went to the flea market today and this is another machine that followed DH home. It's another Davis VF. last patent date is 1886. It had another number under the bobbin plate but forgot what it was. This is our 2nd Davis and she is in real nice condition. Unloaded it from the truck and put the head back in the cabinet and she started sewing. Belt a little loose other than that can't see any problems. Maybe a little cleaning needed and a drink of oil. She was loaded with jewelery. Man said he had needles and other stuff but didn't know they went with the machine. Here is a few pictures of Betty Boops (what DH named her)

shows her decals
[ATTACH=CONFIG]204911[/ATTACH]

All her finery
[ATTACH=CONFIG]204916[/ATTACH]

even has decals on the backside
[ATTACH=CONFIG]204918[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-204905.jpe   attachment-204906.jpe   attachment-204910.jpe   attachment-204912.jpe  
Old 05-31-2011, 05:21 PM

I wasn't paying any attention the first time someone posted a link to the attachment website.

I have a ruffler attachment for my 66, but no idea how it works. I never figured I'd use it since you normally don't encourage quilts to be ruffled....I came across a tank top pattern I really want to try to make, and it needs ruffles!

I bookmarked it and saved it to my hard drive....now I'm trying to figure out if I can understand how it's written. I don't think I have the 1, 6, 12 thing, I think it's the other one. Now to get it out and play with it!
Old 05-31-2011, 05:30 PM

[quote=Crossstitcher]Very nice looking machine. Kathie
Old 05-31-2011, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Kathie S.
I am so excited I finally got my Red Eye. Miss Carol was born Jan9, 1923. The top of the cabinet is completely gone. The rest is in good condition. Kathie S.
Kathie, she is beautiful and should clean up really nice. Her decals look really good!

Kathie's 66-4 Redeye!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]204928[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-204922.jpe  
Old 05-31-2011, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
Went to the flea market today and this is another machine that followed DH home. It's another Davis VF. last patent date is 1886. It had another number under the bobbin plate but forgot what it was. This is our 2nd Davis and she is in real nice condition. Unloaded it from the truck and put the head back in the cabinet and she started sewing. Belt a little loose other than that can't see any problems. Maybe a little cleaning needed and a drink of oil. She was loaded with jewelery. Man said he had needles and other stuff but didn't know they went with the machine. Here is a few pictures of Betty Boops (what DH named her)
Wow Trish, do you use the first Davis you have? This one looks just like mine, but your decals are in better shape! It took me two months to get my 'Betty' to sew, but I love that machine. Right now she is sitting on a shelf while DH redoes her cabinet! Those machines are the best for putting on bindings! Before Betty got stuck on a shelf I used her exclusively for my bindings!

Nancy
Old 05-31-2011, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by Kathie S.
I am so excited I finally got my Red Eye. Miss Carol was born Jan9, 1923. The top of the cabinet is completely gone. The rest is in good condition. Kathie S.
Kathie, she is beautiful and should clean up really nice. Her decals look really good!
Really a very nice red eye can't wait to see pics after clean up. :thumbup: Glenn