Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 06-02-2011, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
I got this yesterday. I didn't know FW had this attachment it also fits a 15. I also got a monogrammer and with these came two buttonholers which had extra cams. A bag of side clamping attachments and a box of the old singer bottom clamping attachments. Also in the box were three bags of commerical bobbins metal. A book on how to make your own clothes patterns. Pretty good haul I think. So glad to get the monogrammer.
Yes, nice haul!

Free is always a good price .......... kidding (no, serious). They are probably running anywhere from $40 to $200 depending on the condition of the decals, if it's in a cabinet (and what is the condition of the cabinet) and if all it's parts are where they are supposed to be and if it's free moving. You won't go wrong they sew a beautiful stitch.

Do you own a Singer 15? I just located a Singer 15 with a serial number that dates it to 1910. The thing that attracts me is that it is a red eye. I don't know who in the shop has a 15, do you? Wondering what a good price is for it also? Questions, questions... :shock:
Old 06-02-2011, 07:45 AM

Suzi, forgive me for being slow... do you own a 15 or a 15 clone? The machine I am looking at is a simple 15.

Are the older 15s as much of a workhorse as the newer ones? I have a 15-91 from about 1951 and I know it is a workhorse. Do you think $75 is too much? :-D
Old 06-02-2011, 07:48 AM

Do you own a Singer 15? I just located a Singer 15 with a serial number that dates it to 1910. The thing that attracts me is that it is a red eye. I don't know who in the shop has a 15, do you? Wondering what a good price is for it also? Questions, questions... :shock:
Sewextreme, Singer didn't make a Model 15 in the Redeye decal. If you found a 15 with the Redeye decal, it was painted/decaled that way by someone other than Singer. The Redeye decals were only used on the Model 66's. Can you post a picture of the machine?

Nancy
Old 06-02-2011, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Sewextreme, Singer didn't make a Model 15 in the Redeye decal. If you found a 15 with the Redeye decal, it was painted/decaled that way by someone other than Singer. The Redeye decals were only used on the Model 66's. Can you post a picture of the machine?

Nancy
Hmmm... interesting. Here is the machine.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-205524.bmp  
Old 06-02-2011, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
I got this yesterday. I didn't know FW had this attachment it also fits a 15. I also got a monogrammer and with these came two buttonholers which had extra cams. A bag of side clamping attachments and a box of the old singer bottom clamping attachments. Also in the box were three bags of commerical bobbins metal. A book on how to make your own clothes patterns. Pretty good haul I think. So glad to get the monogrammer.
Yes, nice haul!

I own three 15 clones. Like Nancy said I think the Red eyes are only on the Singer 66's. Check your serial number again and see if maybe you do own a 66.
Old 06-02-2011, 08:12 AM

I have been known to get things mixed up. Think I'll go look that up again. LOL, love you guys... :shock:

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... it is a 66, 1916! DUH! :oops: :oops:

Thanks for setting me straight! :lol:

What about the price? It comes with a cabinet, not original I am sure.
Old 06-02-2011, 08:14 AM

http://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/atq/2415620391.html

Nice red eye and cabinet anyone interested
Old 06-02-2011, 08:15 AM

Here's the serial number: G4779462.

I have been known to get things mixed up. Think I'll go look that up again. LOL, love you guys... :shock:

The tension is not on the faceplate.
That is a good giveaway to knowing a model 15.
This beauty has her tension on the front facing you.

Blessings to you Linda,
Sandi
Old 06-02-2011, 08:19 AM

Thanks Sandi, Did you see my update up there? I left out a digit... makes a big difference. This is why I need y'all... little details slip past me... is it age?????? :lol:
Old 06-02-2011, 08:21 AM

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... it is a 66, 1916! DUH! :oops: :oops:

Thanks for setting me straight! :lol:

What about the price? It comes with a cabinet, not original I am sure.

You can always offer a lower price for her.
She is a pretty one.

Blessings,
Sandi

(We always need more machines) lol