Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 06-10-2011, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl
Decisions, decisions. I keep telling DH I don't need any more machines. But, certain 'good ones' keep popping up. What is a collector to do???????????????? :-D
Buy till there are no machines left to be found? :mrgreen:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
When DH gets up, I will be sure to read him your quote! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thank goodness we are anonymous here cause I have a feeling he might want to come after me for daring to encourage such a thing :lol: :lol:
Old 06-10-2011, 07:25 AM

Decisions, decisions. I keep telling DH I don't need any more machines. But, certain 'good ones' keep popping up. What is a collector to do???????????????? :-D
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
When DH gets up, I will be sure to read him your quote! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thank goodness we are anonymous here cause I have a feeling he might want to come after me for daring to encourage such a thing :lol: :lol:
Oh, not to worry... he is a big supporter. He has driven me many times on 2-3 hour ~one way~ trips to get machines, replicated cabinets or build new ones for me. He is definitely an enabler! :-D

In fact, when we are about to take a trip he asks me if I have checked Craigslist for the cities we are going to and located quilt shops. We support each other's habits. I am blessed by him constantly! :-D
Old 06-10-2011, 07:47 AM

Sorry to hear you are addicted. It is what happens to those who frequent this shop!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: You will have plenty of company though! :lol: :lol:[/quote]

I do enjoy the company and will have more to post later. I'm working on a $5.00 treadle and "Ruby" that I am rebuilding from a sad beginning.

Texas Jan
Old 06-10-2011, 08:08 AM

Anyone interested in this machine? They've dropped it to $35. I am willing to pick it up for you if you want to arrange shipping or pick it up from me.

http://fresno.craigslist.org/atq/2431131472.html
Attached Thumbnails attachment-209465.jpe  
Old 06-10-2011, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by deplaylady
Originally Posted by jljack
Originally Posted by vintagemotif

VM, do you have that Lotus 66-1? I am looking at one to buy. Anything very unusual about that particular model? I don't know the SN yet, so I can't date it. Thanks.

Edit - I found the SN - It's 1909.
Did you answer your own question?
A Singer Lotus 66-1 was the first of the Singer 66. The decals are just there for decoration and a way to sell machines. The Lotus was the first decals used from 1900-1910, and then Singer switched to the Redeye decal. My two Lotus 66-1 are back mount machines which means the the side mount attachments can't be used with them. I have used my oldest, 1907, to make a complete baby quilt, from piecing to straight-stitch quilting. The machine makes a pretty stitch!

More info on the Singer 66s.
http://www.sewnuts.com/66/class66.htm
No, my question was whether you owned that 66-1 you showed the pic of, and if there was anything unusual about that model. You just answered both....I do so appreciate everyone's information here. I am really a novice at this vintage machine collecting. I don't want to get one that I can't do anything with. My collection so far: Elna Supermatic, Singer 301, Singer 99k, Western Electric Rotary 1917. Hoping to add this 66-1, and I'll try to get a treadle cabinet to put it into. It's been electrified, but I would like to treadle it. The 99 I am planning to put a hand crank on in the near future. I just found some Greist top mount attachments for my Western Electric. It didn't have any when I bought it. I have to rewire that one. Again, I do so appreciate any and all information I get here. Thanks!! :thumbup:
If my husband wouldn't kill me (and if I had the money and space) after buying the featherweight and the 99, I would love to have this! The case is really cool and it would be neat to have a treadle!

http://rochester.craigslist.org/atq/2409565933.html[/quote]

Deplay, that would be nice to have just for the cabinet!!
Old 06-10-2011, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by luce321
Janice, you surely have a smart looking car there. Its a pity they don't make them like that any more, cars back then had real style. Shortly after we were married, we bought a 1957 Chevrolet 4-door. It was blue and white.
That was one beautiful car. I think the cars today all look pretty much alike, what a pity.
Yep....we agree, that's why we love classic cars!! :thumbup: :thumbup: Now, if I could just get my DH to love classic/vintage sewing machines just as much!! :lol: :lol:
Old 06-10-2011, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Monica look at this! Is this machine actually a Two Spools?

[url=http://sacramento.craigslist.org/atq/2431474651.html
http://sacramento.craigslist.org/atq/2431474651.html[/url]

Nancy

In the picture, does it look like there's a bobbin winder on the right? Hard to see. Nice machine, though!!
Old 06-10-2011, 09:54 AM

There is no rust on this machine, even though some pictures make it look like there is some on the face plate.

Texas Jan (Who is now addicted to vintage machines)
AMAZING! Wow, what an advertisement for Evapo-Rust. You should submit photos to the company for their ads. I would never have thought you could do as much with your machine.

Sorry to hear you are addicted. It is what happens to those who frequent this shop!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: You will have plenty of company though! :lol: :lol:[/quote]

WOW WOW WOW!! I am just SHOCKED :shock: at how well that came out. I thought for sure there was no hope for that machine. I saw it in it's auction, and I kept going without looking back!! Good for you!! I am SO impressed.
Old 06-10-2011, 09:55 AM

Hahahaha!!! :lol: :lol: That is a very tempting thought, although not practical!! I will have to find a place to put any new machine I buy...my sewing room is now full to bursting!!
Old 06-10-2011, 10:01 AM

Anyone interested in this machine? They've dropped it to $35. I am willing to pick it up for you if you want to arrange shipping or pick it up from me.

http://fresno.craigslist.org/atq/2431131472.html
Ohhh!! Nope....it looks something like my Western Electric, and mine is in much better shape. Thanks for the temptation!!! :-o