Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 06-07-2010, 05:31 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
Billy, Do you know where I might find a large bottom wheel for a Singer model AB635082? Also the nut that holds the pitman arm on the bottom of the treadle? It had been converted to electric and those parts are missing and I would like to restore it. The machine runs great. Thanks

Also who made the fiddle base machine, very old and has a flat needle bar I think I might see singer on it but can't find any numbers. Trish
I sent you a PM I should have everything you need in my attic.

As far as the Fiddlebase machine it didnt look like a Singer to me but it might be a Model A if it is.......Hubba Hubba!!!

Billy
Old 06-07-2010, 05:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by roseOfsharon
No Billy, I don't have it and was not sure of getting it cuz not finding anything out on the make, I'm not sure if it would need something if I could get it or not... So that is where I stand now.
Thats all the more reason to buy it!!!

If I had a chance at owning a Duesenburg I would jump at the chance knowing that parts for them are extremely rare and I would more than likely have to make them myself or call Jay Leno one!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Billy
Old 06-07-2010, 05:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by roseOfsharon
Billy, cannot Honchey take the machine apart and clean out all the depri?
Yeah she can do that but I am thinking after she gets it out and clean the packing crud off of it along with taking the left over handwheel off it should be okay.

You know I have my fingers crossed here!!! :-D

Billy
Old 06-07-2010, 05:41 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BKinCO
Originally Posted by Lostn51
I just wish folks knew how to pack a machine, it really is not that hard a 3rd grader can do it.

Billy
Ya know. I have a 3rd grader. We could put that theory to the test :) Of course....he's my kid, so he's really smart :twisted:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Billy
Old 06-07-2010, 05:42 PM

[

:-P :-P :-P You have to hold your mouth right!!! :-P :-P :-P

Its like my 66 you have to hold it up at an angle and try to catch the spring in the groves on the bottom of the plate. And you have to start it sorta twisted so one side catches first. Its not fun to do and takes a bit but it will get on there. Also if you have something to stick under the spring and help it into the grooves it helps.

Just finesse it a little bit!!!

Billy
Thanks, I will let you how it goes later, probably much later, maybe a week. Thanks again. Ruth
Old 06-07-2010, 05:47 PM
Banned

.....brave man! This will be very interesting to watch....lots to learn!
BK I was looking at the very first page of this thread and you posted this. Little did you know you would be sucked into the vortex of Vintage Sewing Machines!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

You know it has not been but a month and a few days since this started (and 126 pages later) but it feels like this thread has always been here....

Billy
Old 06-07-2010, 05:52 PM

I always look forward to reading this. I have so many questions but first trying to finish up cleaning and putting back together.
On question, where does one find empty cases for the heads. I have a 101 and a 185k that need to put into something. Are there any patterns around that I could, maybe, talk my dad into making me a couple? (poor Dad)
Kat B
Old 06-07-2010, 05:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Kat B
I always look forward to reading this. I have so many questions but first trying to finish up cleaning and putting back together.
On question, where does one find empty cases for the heads. I have a 101 and a 185k that need to put into something. Are there any patterns around that I could, maybe, talk my dad into making me a couple? (poor Dad)
Kat B
Good luck finding the Green case for the 185 The bases are super brittle and if you can find one intact you have done something. I would see if I could find a Bentwood case for the 101, but there is no reason why you couldnt get your Dad to make you a couple.

That way they would be special to have knowing he made them with his bare hands.

Billy
Old 06-07-2010, 06:05 PM
Banned

BK I was looking at the very first page of this thread and you posted this. Little did you know you would be sucked into the vortex of Vintage Sewing Machines!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

You know it has not been but a month and a few days since this started (and 126 pages later) but it feels like this thread has always been here....

Billy
And you know, my dear, I am blaming EVERY BIT of this on YOU!!!! (and.....yes, I'm bidding on machine up for auction tomorrow. Damn you!)
Old 06-07-2010, 06:15 PM
Banned

Billy
And you know, my dear, I am blaming EVERY BIT of this on YOU!!!! (and.....yes, I'm bidding on machine up for auction tomorrow. Damn you!)
And you are loving EVERY minute of it !!!

Billy