Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 06-15-2010, 12:58 PM

OK, I'm going to try and show pictures of the 1951 Centennial FW I just got and I took some pics of the stitches so you could see what I was talking about. Pics aren't the best, but I work with what I have. Fabric is out of focus, but it's the best I could get. The stitches in the foreground is the back.

I have the fabric folded over so you can see stitches from both sides. See how on the back they look fine and the front, not so much.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]86279[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-85992.jpe   attachment-86271.jpe   attachment-86274.jpe  
Old 06-15-2010, 01:06 PM
Power Poster

Aw, that machine is adorable...so tiny!
Old 06-15-2010, 01:07 PM
Banned

Ok that's just about the cutest machine ever, Doug!
Old 06-15-2010, 01:13 PM

Thanks! I thought so too. It's just so darn cute and tiny. I knew they were small, but had no idea how small until now. So now when I say I'm off to play with my new toy I really mean it. Once she's up and running right I'm going to be knocking out quilt tops left and right. (One can dream, can't one?)
Originally Posted by BKinCO
Old 06-15-2010, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
OH NO, BKinCO... I hope you feel better soon.

If you have spent more than Billy, just remember 1) it isn't a contest and 2) you can spend less from here on out. LOL (not at your expense--oh, didn't realize that would be a pun... reallly not intended, as they say. :-D
ROFL. I'll live. I am just incapable of letting any opportunity of picking at Billy go by.......It IS pretty sickening though.....;)
Good then. He does need a little harrassment now and then :shock:
Old 06-15-2010, 01:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by quilterguy27
Thanks! I thought so too. It's just so darn cute and tiny. I knew they were small, but had no idea how small until now. So now when I say I'm off to play with my new toy I really mean it. Once she's up and running right I'm going to be knocking out quilt tops left and right. (One can dream, can't one?)
So many comments I could be making right now :twisted: but we'll keep it to your FW......guess I'm gonna have to get one now too...
Old 06-15-2010, 01:23 PM

HI Lacelady, I am sew glad you have joined the cafe group. I have long admired many things about you and having you here is even more wonderful!!

I remember the story you shared about traveling on a narrow road to get your machine fixed, I think.

Craigslist does list Ireland. If you look way over to the right of the page you will see it. I am not familiar with what would be close to you but you would know.

Looking foward to your photos. Oh, and you should get a medal for reading through all of the pages. :!: :!: There are several other newbies that I am sure you ran across in the 140+ pages. But, you have read the most to catch up.

Billy, isn't there something for her???
Old 06-15-2010, 01:23 PM
Banned

INDEED! For more reasons than one..................

See what happens when he's not here to defend himself???

OH NO, BKinCO... I hope you feel better soon.

If you have spent more than Billy, just remember 1) it isn't a contest and 2) you can spend less from here on out. LOL (not at your expense--oh, didn't realize that would be a pun... reallly not intended, as they say. :-D
ROFL. I'll live. I am just incapable of letting any opportunity of picking at Billy go by.......It IS pretty sickening though.....;)
Good then. He does need a little harrassment now and then :shock:
Old 06-15-2010, 01:26 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

THAT should teach him. :D
Old 06-15-2010, 01:35 PM

Wow Lisa. You did great. Did you ask her to come down in price or did she vounteer?

I bought a Necchi this spring for $40 in a cabinet, with all attachments and manual from one terrific quilter. Will you post photos?