Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 07-30-2011, 07:58 AM

Does anyone have an opinion on this machine:
http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem.asp?itemid=8290117
I have the high (and only) bid right now. It ends in an hour and I'm just wondering if I should be willing to go higher than the $25.

On another note, I was looking at machines last night with my husband looking over my shoulder and he's now completely into finding a machine! Yee haw!
Old 07-30-2011, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by Charlee
Originally Posted by beaniekins
Thank you! I have to admit though, I'm jealous of how easily you guys in the States can find Red Eyes. I have been looking for a year and only ever seen one, and it was 14 hours away from me! Plus, the seller wanted waaaay too much for it. The most common decal around here for the older machines is by far the Sphinx. For the 'newer' vintage machines, there are a fair number of the plainer, mostly black ones.
They seem to be plentiful around here...would you like me to keep my eyes open for a nice one for you?
Thanks, but I've got abit of a backlog with machines that need cleaning right now. They're taking over my house a bit. Does that sound familiar? lol
Old 07-30-2011, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Originally Posted by Candace
Hey folks! I was wondering if any of you brainiacs know what model # this Singer is? I've never seen one like it??
Looks like a 406 to me...but wait for a second/third/fourth opinion!! :lol:
I think that's a Singer 306.
No I think I'm wrong. Looks more like the Singer 319.

comparison link: http://www.thetreadlersvillage.com/S...19forsale.html

It sure looks like a 319. Thanks for the link. Those weird typewriter keys on the top are very interesting! I guess this is one of those models that never really took off since you just don't see them? Anyone own one?
Old 07-30-2011, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by melinda1962
http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem.asp?ItemID=8328663

I know you all have seen this one. Let the bidding begin.
Well, it's $185 now...
Old 07-30-2011, 09:11 AM

Hey folks! I was wondering if any of you brainiacs know what model # this Singer is? I've never seen one like it??
Looks like a 406 to me...but wait for a second/third/fourth opinion!! :lol:
I think that's a Singer 306.
No I think I'm wrong. Looks more like the Singer 319.

comparison link: http://www.thetreadlersvillage.com/S...19forsale.html

It sure looks like a 319. Thanks for the link. Those weird typewriter keys on the top are very interesting! I guess this is one of those models that never really took off since you just don't see them? Anyone own one?
Definitely a 319. I have a green two tone one. The typewriter keys are a tell and if you look just below the stitch lentgh adjuster, there is a little plate which also says the model. I found a free manual online. It mainly tries to convince the owner how easy it is to use. LOL
Old 07-30-2011, 09:14 AM

If you are thinking about getting a 319, know in advance that it uses an odd needle size (still available) and also has special bobbins as well. I found parts for mine easily and it sews like a top.
Old 07-30-2011, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by LyndaOH
Does anyone have an opinion on this machine:
http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem.asp?itemid=8290117
I have the high (and only) bid right now. It ends in an hour and I'm just wondering if I should be willing to go higher than the $25.

On another note, I was looking at machines last night with my husband looking over my shoulder and he's now completely into finding a machine! Yee haw!
What I found was a model 157, 300 allotted on Apr 1, 1941. But I know nothing about a 157.
Old 07-30-2011, 09:17 AM

If you are thinking about getting a 319, know in advance that it uses an odd needle size (still available) and also has special bobbins as well. I found parts for mine easily and it sews like a top.
The one I pictured was just sold. But, truth be told, I'd rather have the green two-tone one. I'm beginning to get a bit picky with any machines I add to my collection as I'm simply running out of space!!
Old 07-30-2011, 09:25 AM

The one I pictured was just sold. But, truth be told, I'd rather have the green two-tone one. I'm beginning to get a bit picky with any machines I add to my collection as I'm simply running out of space!!
You and me both. I had the chance to get both a 306 and a 328 this week, but they were in cabinets, and I definitely don't need more cabinets. I had grand plans of having 50 by the time I am fifty next year, so am getting more particular as well, for the last few to get me to the goal.
Old 07-30-2011, 09:31 AM

I had grand plans of having 50 by the time I am fifty next year, so am getting more particular as well, for the last few to get me to the goal.
How many more do you have to go?