Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 09-02-2011, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Okay gang I am going to let you know that I am probably be out of the shop for a while. I have to go to the doctor tomorrow and I am thinking I am going to be admitted to the hospital for this infection they cant figure out. I am being really honest I feel like I am dying. I am covered from head to toe with sores and I can not even take a shower without crying in shear agony. I am eating Lortab 10's like they are candy 4 every 4 hours and can not do anything but lie down.

I just hope I can come out of this but I have accepted the fact that I might not and I am okay with it. I had 45 good years on this planet and had a lot of fun and made a lot of friends. But I am so tired of being in pain and suffering its not even funny.

Billy
Billy, saying prayers for you right this minute!!! Hang in there, and trust God to bring you through. Your faith will work miracles. Let us know how you are...that's so we know to pray. God Bless you and your family....Janice
Old 09-02-2011, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by Candace
Originally Posted by Xtgirl
Im new to the board, but I should have my dad go buy the one near Rochester..I've really been looking for one.

What is this? http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/m...571805461.html

Is this a good find?

Sorry you are not doing well Billy:(
I see many times people will put "Singer" Sewing machine on their ads. Sort of like using the coined brand names like coke or kleenex... Doesn't look like any Singer I've ever seen. It looks like one of the other manufacturers I've seen out there New Home etc. If it's in good condition, $20 is a good buy.

OK, this looks a lot like the vintage Domestic I bought not long ago for my grandaughter. The shape is really similar.
Old 09-02-2011, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by cherrybsixty
Billy, did you ever read the book of JOB, let do that, I starting tonight when I get caught up with the VSMS, I gpong to pray and read some every day until I understand why you remind of his story. GOD is with you Billy.
I might will have to join you in the reading, It has been a while since I was in that book but I definitely will jump into it.

Billy
OK, Cherry and Billy, I'm going to read with you....plus our church is going to start in Job next Sunday...coincidence? I think not!! I'll start tonite, one chapter a nite.

Billy, we will be like Aaron helping Moses...we'll be your supporters!!
Old 09-02-2011, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by Kathie S.

Billy you have left me speechless. I am so sorry that you and your family are going through this. You are uplifted by many prayers. Lord we ask that you give the doctors the wisdon to know what is happening to Billy and we ask that the doctors fined the right meds. to cure him. Lord hold him and his family in your arms and place your healing hands on him. Lord through you are things are possible and we are asking for a miracle for him. Lord your word says that if two or more are gathered in your name you would be there. We are here in prayers and thougths for Billy and Lord we give him and his healing over to you the great physician. Amen Hang in there and know that we are here for you. Kathie
Wonderful prayer, Kathie, and I said it again as I read it....there is POWER in prayer!!
Old 09-02-2011, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by quilt addict
I finally did it.....Sewed on one of my treadle machine, a Singer 191U.

I have a question though. My machine is on smooth floor and it moves around when I am peddling. What do you guys use to keep it in place or do I need to adjust how I am peddling?

I did learn you cannot use a chair on wheels. Both the chair and the machine were rolling all over.
heeheee Rock'n and a roll'n! I hope you have some good tunes to go with that!

My floors are carpeted, and the treadles sit on the rubber carpet protector pads. You can find the pads at Home Depot or Lowes.

Have you tried sitting the treadle onto those to see if you no longer a rolling?

Find yourself a vintage Singer chair!! Or find a piano bench.
Both are about the right height for the treadles, and they both can store attachments and other vintage sewing treasures. :)
Old 09-02-2011, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by sew wishful

I don't know about the machines at your house, but here at mine the machines just seem to find a corner and snuggle in!! Looks like they were meant to be there! LOL! Two in the laundry, one in the dining room, one machine plus another cabinet in the living room, one just at the top of the stairs trying to decide which room to go into from there, and all of these are in cabinets. Of course there is the small sewing room with the FW and Janome in it, plus the cutting table , ironing table, flannel board, TV, etc......oh I hear a noise....Yep, the machine is deciding the other bedroom is a better bet! LOL!
Randa that's too funny!!! LOL Sometimes I think I hear my machines whispering to each other...."She's gonna sew on me today" "Oh no...it's me"!!! LOL
Old 09-02-2011, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by Kathie S.
Kathie, that prayer was awesome. It was just awesome, I could feel the anointed healing in that prayer. Thanks Kathie, for stepping out on the word.
Thank you , but, I do feel that we do not have a choice. With the way this world is going we need to step out in boldness. We need to set good examples, yes, there is a lot of that here. I feel very confortable in doing that with this wonderful group. Kathie[/quote]

Thanks Kathie for saying this!! We do need to be bold in this world. The Lord didn't mean for us to be timid.
Old 09-02-2011, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by quilt addict
I finally did it.....Sewed on one of my treadle machine, a Singer 191U.

I signed up on the Treadle On group to do the fall TOBE to force myself to finish and use one of my treadle machines. So I am working on a BOM that is a UFO making log cabin blocks as practice first. Boy I am getting used to threading the needle as I often start to sew backwards and break the thread. I'm still fiddling with the tension a bit but not bad. It is like it is not releasing when you raise the pressure foot either.

I have a question though. My machine is on smooth floor and it moves around when I am peddling. What do you guys use to keep it in place or do I need to adjust how I am peddling?

I did learn you cannot use a chair on wheels. Both the chair and the machine were rolling all over.
Lisa, this gave me a funny visual!!! LOL I can just see you and the machine scooting over the floor, fabric flying!! LOL I have my treadle against a wall on hardwood floor, my chair on the edge of a big area rug. I am not having trouble with either moving.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:15 AM

Does anyone know where I can find some 3/8-inch embossed trim with a gold key pattern to match the missing pieces on my W&W No. 9?

BTW, I'm reading through all the posts (thousands and thousands) on this thread and copying all relevant W&W No. 9 posts to the "Wheeler & Wilson No. 9" thread in the Pictures section.

It would be great if other W&W No. 9 owners would add pictures to that thread, too. These machines were produced for fourteen or more years, with variations, and it would be fun to see lots of examples.

Missing Key-Patterned Trim
[ATTACH=CONFIG]250426[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-250420.jpe  
Old 09-02-2011, 10:28 AM

Many prayers going out to you Billy! Hope your doctors can figure this thing out quickly.