Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 09-18-2011, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by jljack
I won a 15 clone on shopgoodwill.com on Friday, and can't wait to get it home. It says Sew Ezy or something like that. I didn't look at it today! :-)
Congrats!!!! You got your 15 and a clone one at that!!! What ya going to call it? Ezzy, Sewzy...
Old 09-18-2011, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by chergram
I have a chance to buy a treddle machine can any one tell me how much they are going for the person wants me to make offer and i would like to know how much people are paying for them thanks
I got my Honeymoon in a cabinet for $25 and the 1925 Singer in a cabinet for $26. Depends on where you are and who else is looking. And with a bit of cleaning I think both will work
Old 09-18-2011, 08:21 PM

[quote=jljack][quote=miriam][quote=vintagemotif][quote=grayhare][quote=melinda1962][quote=grayhare]
Originally Posted by melinda1962
Originally Posted by grayhare
Originally Posted by melinda1962
Originally Posted by grayhare

Very nice! I remember shopping at Mongomery Wards when I was young.
OMG! I remember going with my dad; he would go pick up a part or something there. While he was purchasing the item, I would be over in the vacuum area watching the beach ball stay up in the air. lol
We didn't have Montgomery Wards or the catalog where I lived. We had a little J. C. Penny store & their catalog and just a Sears catalog. Oh the wonders to behold!!! My Grandma would play a game with me. She would pretend to give me $100 and tell me I had to make out the order form and order anything I wanted and get it close to $100 and spend it all on myself. WOW! I spent hours dreaming and drooling!!! I could do it all again.... probably in different parts of the catalog though... We had a small town J C Penny and it had some clothes and some appliances etc. BUT I can remember going to Sears in the city - now that was a true treat - it was in one of those old huge stand alone red brick buildings - every nook and cranny full of delightful stuff. AND they had fabric you could touch and buy!!! That's where my clothes mostly came from - shoes too. Oh the smells!

For a while there was a MW distribution center with an outlet in Cincinnati. What fun! All the rejects, returns and broken stuff... It's probably been gone for 25 or 30 years by now - when ever MW went under.
Does anyone remember when Sears stores had candy and popcorn counters? Wow...that was a LOOONNNGGG time ago!! I can barely remember it!! :shock:
Our Sears still had some candy and stuff----------in the tool department
Old 09-19-2011, 03:43 AM

Originally Posted by Kathie S.

Everyone needs to contact Singer and tell them to put it back on again. It is a very valuable site. Kathie
Just sent off an e-mail. Less customer service while celebrating the 160th year in business...very nice. Those pages were really helpful.

:roll:
Old 09-19-2011, 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by Kathie S.
Originally Posted by chergram
I have a chance to buy a treddle machine can any one tell me how much they are going for the person wants me to make offer and i would like to know how much people are paying for them thanks
I have paid any where from $20 to $75 for my treadles. Each one is different. Kathie
I have also paid those prices :)
Old 09-19-2011, 05:32 AM

Today I was given a New Century hand crank sewing machine. It has the Serial #1647966. I will post a photo of it. I have not been able to find any information on it. It is in a case with a wood top.

Beautiful carving on Wooden Cover.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]259083[/ATTACH]

Could this be a Davis? Card has Use Davis Long Needles on it.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]259085[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-259022.jpe   attachment-259026.jpe   attachment-259030.jpe   attachment-259032.jpe  
Old 09-19-2011, 06:18 AM

Beautiful machine heljoy! I'm not sure who made it, but I do know that I've seen some Free-Westinghouse machines in that same kind of case.
Old 09-19-2011, 06:54 AM

WOW! Am I dense or what!? I have looked up several machines over the past couple of weeks and thought that because they were pre 1900 I just wasn't getting all the information. Just realized this morning, after reading all the posts, that Singer had removed them from the site. I went strait to the contact us spot and shot them off a nice note. In the meantime, if anyone had downloaded that infomation and is willing to share, please PM me, I have 3 new/old machines I would like infomation on. TIA
Old 09-19-2011, 06:59 AM

I have a Rocketeer that came with a G foot. Can anyone tell me what the foot is used for. Asking Singer was a waste of time. Kathie
Old 09-19-2011, 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by buslady
WOW! Am I dense or what!? I have looked up several machines over the past couple of weeks and thought that because they were pre 1900 I just wasn't getting all the information. Just realized this morning, after reading all the posts, that Singer had removed them from the site. I went strait to the contact us spot and shot them off a nice note. In the meantime, if anyone had downloaded that infomation and is willing to share, please PM me, I have 3 new/old machines I would like infomation on. TIA
I didn't save the PDF's I actually printed out the whole thing so I could have a notebook to take along on my hunts. I you PM me with your numbers, I'll do my best to provide you with the info on your machines.