Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 09-27-2011, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by deplaylady
Originally Posted by Bennett
Originally Posted by deplaylady
Oh my--jump on that 1st one. A new plate wouldn't be that hard to find, and the decals are so pretty! You can't go wrong at that price.
Yay! Just got an email - talked to Tim going to go look at the 15. I asked - he said it had the bobbin case. He also has a 99 that someone else is looking at. I don't know how I missed that one. He found these at garage sales and picked them (the 15 and 99) up thinking he could sell them and make a buck. He must have found them CHEAP! (I looked it up - this is the 99 he had - )
http://rochester.craigslist.org/atq/2616865389.html
Nice machines, both the 99 and the 15. The 99 is interesting to me because I have never seen one in a cabinet just in the cases. He did get the 99 cheap if $25 is his asking price.
Old 09-27-2011, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by jackkip
Hi everyone. I need a little help. I am in the market for a restored Treadle machine. I have the cabinet. Last year I purchased a machine and cabinet. I had plans on restoring both pieces. Well, let's just say I did better on the cabinet than I did the machine. It is still in pieces and my hubby has given up on me ever putting it back together. Today he told me, "just go and buy a machine that is already done". So now my mission is to find the perfect treadle machine. Any suggestions on where to start? Thanks in advance :D
Hi jackkip! I've sent you a PM.
Jan
Old 09-27-2011, 08:54 AM

[quote=miriam][quote=bloomin'Iris][quote=miriam][quote=bloomin'Iris]
Originally Posted by miriam
patch quilt, and some patchy skirts out of sleeves and maybe a baby quilt for the one due in December. I hope everybody will 'match' - DH had some shirts he didn't want anymore. I still need better lighting. That place is so dim. I'm picking up a Spartan to rehab this morning. :roll:
I love making baby quilts! Something SWEET about making them on vintage machines too. It's like the vintage gals just love baby quilt projects, all harmony and peace.

Congrats!
Old 09-27-2011, 09:01 AM
Power Poster

[quote=vintagemotif][quote=miriam][quote=bloomin'Iris][quote=miriam]
Originally Posted by bloomin'Iris
patch quilt, and some patchy skirts out of sleeves and maybe a baby quilt for the one due in December. I hope everybody will 'match' - DH had some shirts he didn't want anymore. I still need better lighting. That place is so dim. I'm picking up a Spartan to rehab this morning. :roll:
I love making baby quilts! Something SWEET about making them on vintage machines too. It's like the vintage gals just love baby quilt projects, all harmony and peace.

Congrats!
has to have fuzzy on one side though.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:31 AM

When you buy belts for the treadle machines, do you buy 3/16 (5mm) or 7/16 (8mm)? The last one I got was 3/16, but looked pretty flimsey. I wonder if the 7/16 is too thick for some of the machines. Any help here at all would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:46 AM

I recently won a 15 clone on the Goodwill site, and it's supposed to be delivered today per UPS tracking info. Crossing my fingers that it's a good one...I'll put up pics tonite after my meeting. It'll be fresh out of the box...I'm looking forward to it!!
Old 09-27-2011, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by jljack
I recently won a 15 clone on the Goodwill site, and it's supposed to be delivered today per UPS tracking info. Crossing my fingers that it's a good one...I'll put up pics tonite after my meeting. It'll be fresh out of the box...I'm looking forward to it!!
The 15's are great little machines. I have a couple and love them. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:25 AM

[quote=miriam][quote=vintagemotif][quote=miriam][quote=bloomin'Iris][quote=miriam][quote=bloomin'Iris]
patch quilt, and some patchy skirts out of sleeves and maybe a baby quilt for the one due in December.

has to have fuzzy on one side though.
Yes! I agree. I just finished a second baby quilt the other day. The first one is just cotton and second has the flannel for the back; both have the same top and fabrics. I had leftover fabric from the first; so, I made a second top. I looked around my leftovers for backing on the second quilt top and found the flannel. I like having the backing as flannel.

The quilting on the second one, flannel backing, was done on my Davis NVF. That machine loves to work with flannel. Quilting is excellent!!!
Old 09-27-2011, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by jljack
Congrats!!! Looking forward to seeing your new baby!
Old 09-27-2011, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by buslady
When you buy belts for the treadle machines, do you buy 3/16 (5mm) or 7/16 (8mm)? The last one I got was 3/16, but looked pretty flimsey. I wonder if the 7/16 is too thick for some of the machines. Any help here at all would be greatly appreciated.
I have bought both; both work, but I like the 7/16, works well!