Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 09-28-2011, 09:47 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by emmah
Originally Posted by Lostn51
Okay just to mess with you guys a bit but I just picked up a MOP F&R off of CL today!! I will post photos of it when it gets here but I am waiting for the confirmation of address to send my BIL to go get it for me. And yes it is a hand crank!

Billy
I am just happy to see you back online with us, and thank God that you have been such a blessing to us vintage folks.
I am glad to be able to do something other than cry because I am in misery. Finally I do not hurt as bad as I did and I can actually move around with out my clothes sticking to me and pulling the hide off of me when I take them off. That was the absolute worse I have ever been, I wanted to die just so I could get some relief. But so far so good today and after I hop in the shower I should be doing better. The only thing is that it feels like hot lava pouring over tens of millions of needles on my skin, and do not even try sticking my head under the shower head. OMG it hurts like a son of a gun!!!!! I still cry on that one...........

Billy
Old 09-28-2011, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by Mornigstar
wouldn't work for me with ---JA #
thought I would let you know

Originally Posted by grayhare
Okay, I'm not very good at computers, but I figured something out; how to get the Singer serial registration numbers/information. I had saved the G series, here is the link http://www.singerco.com/uploads/asse...NGER_G_nos.pdf
Then just change the G to what ever series you are looking for (enter) it will pull it up. I tried the AA series and it worked. Let me know if it works for everyone. I hope it makes sense. :)
Morningstar, the JA numbers are from the Japanese made machines.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:56 AM

Okay just to mess with you guys a bit but I just picked up a MOP F&R off of CL today!! I will post photos of it when it gets here but I am waiting for the confirmation of address to send my BIL to go get it for me. And yes it is a hand crank!

Billy
Well, you MUST be feeling better to be buying machines again!! Good for you!! :-) :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 09-28-2011, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by melinda1962
http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem.asp?ItemID=8641598

Nothing like this ever shows up at the closest goodwill to me.
There was recently one of these machines on CL about 150 miles from me, at a good price, and I would have gone for it, but no $$ at the time. Now it's gone...so...lost opportunity!!
Old 09-28-2011, 10:02 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by jljack
Actually with the Singers they were Chinese built machines if I am remembering right.

Billy
Old 09-28-2011, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by deplaylady
Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Originally Posted by deplaylady
There is a hand crank in my CL, but I know that the needles are hard to find - I know because I have a Minnesota B (and I am very happy with the hand crank I made out of my $20 15-30.) But still I am curious about his over machine that he says he has... anyone know what a German Wertheim handcrank is?

http://rochester.craigslist.org/atq/2618921267.html
You should ask about his other machines that he mentions while you are at it.
Here is the other one:

http://rochester.craigslist.org/atq/2621860470.html
That is such a cool machine!!
Old 09-28-2011, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by jljack
Actually with the Singers they were Chinese built machines if I am remembering right.

Billy
Oh, OK. Glad to see you in the Shop today, Billy.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by Candace
Originally Posted by quiltdoctor
I just put the Nelco sewing machine up for sale on the Board, if anyone is interested.

Texas Jan
You have to be a regular member to sell anything here. I'm guessing your for sale post was deleted.
Well, I didn't know that. It is $50.00.

Texas Jan
Attached Thumbnails attachment-263593.jpe  
Old 09-28-2011, 10:30 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Candace
I just put the Nelco sewing machine up for sale on the Board, if anyone is interested.

Texas Jan
You have to be a regular member to sell anything here. I'm guessing your for sale post was deleted.
Well, I didn't know that. It is $50.00.

Texas Jan
I love the look of the machine looks like fins off of a Chrysler in the late fifties. And it has the cams to go with it that is a good deal!

Billy
Old 09-28-2011, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by emmah

Billy
I am just happy to see you back online with us, and thank God that you have been such a blessing to us vintage folks.
I am glad to be able to do something other than cry because I am in misery. Finally I do not hurt as bad as I did and I can actually move around with out my clothes sticking to me and pulling the hide off of me when I take them off. That was the absolute worse I have ever been, I wanted to die just so I could get some relief. But so far so good today and after I hop in the shower I should be doing better. The only thing is that it feels like hot lava pouring over tens of millions of needles on my skin, and do not even try sticking my head under the shower head. OMG it hurts like a son of a gun!!!!! I still cry on that one...........

Billy
GO to John Hopkins, please.