Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 10-08-2011, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Weedwoman
Went for a look at the Singer 9W but it just didn't ring my bell so I didn't get it. It's all there and most of the decals are ok except for the one on the base, it had a few attachments, some bobbins and the bobbin case was there also. If anybody is interested, PM me and I can tell you where it's located. The cabinet will take quite alot of work.
The same thing happened to me today with the 15-30 in the parlor cabinet. My DH would have bought it for me as a birthday/Christmas present (he said so!) - but I really have no place to put it and the machine isn't in as good shape as mine (I'd swap it out if i got it) and it wasn't as cool as the cabinet I saw in the "Tea and Treadle" video with the machine that pops up. This one the machine lifted up - it had less drawers, no attachments - it just didn't 'talk' to me.
Old 10-08-2011, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by Charlee
I love ISMACS!! :) They have the Singer serial numbers up!!

http://ismacs.net/singer_sewing_mach...-database.html
Wooooohoooooo! Thanks Charlee!

Nancy
From me too a BIG Thank you for this link. I have been lost!
Old 10-08-2011, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Scotlass
Originally Posted by BoJangles

Wooooohoooooo! Thanks Charlee!

Nancy
From me too a BIG Thank you for this link. I have been lost!
Please don't thank me... ISMACS deserves ALL of this credit!! :) Awesome group!!
Old 10-08-2011, 02:00 PM

Thank you for this Charlee, great info to have in one place
;-)
Old 10-08-2011, 02:06 PM

Billy, Glad to see you around again. Know it is tough but are you feeling better these days?
glenn
Old 10-08-2011, 04:23 PM

How do you keep a machine from being parted out turned into a coffee table if you can't keep it? I have decided the little New Home Ruby needs more restoring than I can do, but I don't want her to be taken apart. She's a 1904 and deserves better. Such a cute little machine. Freecycle? Salvation Army? Ad in the paper?
Old 10-08-2011, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose
How do you keep a machine from being parted out turned into a coffee table if you can't keep it? I have decided the little New Home Ruby needs more restoring than I can do, but I don't want her to be taken apart. She's a 1904 and deserves better. Such a cute little machine. Freecycle? Salvation Army? Ad in the paper?
Do you have a picture of her?
Old 10-08-2011, 04:47 PM

I'd do CL, but instead of "free" or "for sale", I'd list the machine for "adoption" and take "applications"...
Old 10-08-2011, 05:00 PM
Power Poster

I'd do CL, but instead of "free" or "for sale", I'd list the machine for "adoption" and take "applications"...[/quote]

Charlee, I like that.
Old 10-08-2011, 05:07 PM
Power Poster

what has you stuck? I have a Gorgeous Singer 401 I am truly stumped on. Some Egor hit the stitch selector with a hammer or something and bent the shaft in an attempt to get it unstuck. WRONG. Granted, I didn't pay much, but I would LOVE to see that baby working. My donor machine is a Singer 500 so the shaft is not the same. I got it out - hit the shaft to straighten it out and put it back but I think I didn't do it quite right so it doesn't work any better. ggggrrrrr..... by now there are probably vital screws missing. I do very much understand how the thing is suppose to work now. It doesn't scare me or leave me weak any more - just only frustrated. I'm not a quitter so even though I've spent hours & days on it, I'll take another stab at it again - that was my day....