Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 250 of 1792 FirstFirst ... 150 200 240 249 250 251 260 300 350 750 1250 ... LastLast
Results 6,226 to 6,250 of 44790

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by roda
    i just went to goodwill to find a sewing cabinet and the one i bought has a machine in it. It a dial a stich made in japan and dang well heavy. Any ideal where to find manual.
    Roda, can you give us more information? Is the name of the machine Dial a Stitch? Does is say Precision Built Delux? Can you post a picture?

Nancy

Blog Entries
    Billy and all, Has anyone seen machines like these?
    I find it interesting that there are two wheels. Wonder what type of sewing these were used for.

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/bfs/2027597603.html

Quote Originally Posted by vintagemotif
    I find it interesting that there are two wheels. Wonder what type of sewing these were used for.

I certainly have never seen anything like them, but I am no expert...just wanted to say they are interesting. I look forward to seeing if anyone knows more about them.

Does that emblem say Wilcox and Gibbs? They certainly are curious looking machines with two wheels.

http://www.ismacs.net/willcoxandgibb...dustrials.html

It looks like this one to me, and it is from the 90's - but the 1890's!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dunster
    http://www.ismacs.net/willcoxandgibb...dustrials.html

It looks like this one to me, and it is from the 90's - but the 1890's!
    Perhaps they were made for ambidextrous sewers to speed up production.

Banned
    I dont know but I just made him an offer for all of them! Hopefully I can get them here so I can play with them.

Billy

Interesting machines Billy. Can't wait to hear more about them.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by no1jan
    Well I guess I'll start if off. This is my newest acquisition I picked up this last week. I had posted it already, but it deserves to shine on this post.

It a a Singer Model 66-1 Treadle I got off Craigslist for free! :) :) :)

Works beautifully except for the bobbin winder I broke while cleaning her.

Isn't she a beauty. Haven't named her yet. :thumbup:
    Wow, I have a machine just like this one. Mine does not look this good though. I still have the machine taken apart. I have not found time to clean and restore her yet. That is on my to do list.

Blog Entries
    http://sacramento.craigslist.org/atq/2027796344.html

Vintagemotif sent me a private message to look at this ad on Craigslist.

Well, guess what! I not only looked the ad up, but I went and picked up the machine! The lady that had it is getting rid of her Mother's stuff. She told me she thought this machine was worth $1200 (someone told her that) but, it didn't work so she let me have it for $75! She thought the motor was burned up! Well it works fine with my cord and foot from my 1935 FW, so my DH is trying to figure out what is wrong with the original foot right now! Oh this one is a 1953 model!

I feel so lucky! Thank you, Thank you Vintagemotif for bringing this machine to my attention!

Nancy

Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles

Well, guess what! I not only looked the ad up, but I went and picked up the machine! The lady that had it is getting rid of her Mother's stuff. She told me she thought this machine was worth $1200 (someone told her that) but, it didn't work so she let me have it for $75! She thought the motor was burned up! Well it works fine with my cord and foot from my 1935 FW, so my DH is trying to figure out what is wrong with the original foot right now! Oh this one is a 1953 model!

I feel so lucky! Thank you, Thank you Vintagemotif for bringing this machine to my attention!

Nancy
    What a blessing. Our quilting board is filled with wonderful people. I know seeing this post, blessed my heart.
    Enjoy your new beauty.
    Sandi

Blog Entries

Nancy
    Can we see a pic please? The original CL has been deleted.

Blog Entries

Nancy
    YEAH! Nancy I'm so happy that it works and you were able to pick up the machine for $75. :)

I would like to have some info. on an older machine. The serial no. is AH764427 Thanks

Blog Entries
    Lucky you, Nancy! I would love to see a pic of it but the seller has deleted it from the website. Can you take a pic and post it here?

Nancy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mary M
    I would like to have some info. on an older machine. The serial no. is AH764427 Thanks
    The Singer link on the information about their sewing machines:
    http://www.singerco.com/support/serial_numbers.html

So, if yours is a Singer here is the information:
    AH763121-798120 model is 15 they made 35000 on Sept 20 1948

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lacelady

Yes, I will post pictures tomorrow. We spent all afternoon getting this new FW un-jammed (is that a word?). It had a ton of thread wound around the bobbin casing. We went to the repair shop and got a new cord/plug -- that is all that was wrong with this machine -- besides being totally jammed up -- someone had tried to wire a different plug on the cord and ruined the cord. So for $14 we got a new cord, plugged it in, and for a total of $89 I now have a 1953 FW that runs perfect!

I am so excited to be able to get a FW for under $100! I now have my class machine thanks to Vintagemotif!

Nancy

Banned
    dreaming of a simple life. Living off the grid!
    I am hoping someone will have the answer for me. Is the Kayanee sew master sewing machine made in Germany a childs machine or is it just a little machine the way a featherwight looks like a childs and isn't?

Blog Entries

Yes, I will post pictures tomorrow. We spent all afternoon getting this new FW un-jammed (is that a word?). It had a ton of thread wound around the bobbin casing. We went to the repair shop and got a new cord/plug -- that is all that was wrong with this machine -- besides being totally jammed up -- someone had tried to wire a different plug on the cord and ruined the cord. So for $14 we got a new cord, plugged it in, and for a total of $89 I now have a 1953 FW that runs perfect!

I am so excited to be able to get a FW for under $100! I now have my class machine thanks to Vintagemotif!

Nancy
    You are welcome! Makes me happy to know that you got your FW. I got all excited last night when I saw the CL post, and I immediately thought of you. I'm so glad that it was just the cord that needed fixing. Enjoy!

Blog Entries

Nancy
    You are welcome! Makes me happy to know that you got your FW. I got all excited last night when I saw the CL post, and I immediately thought of you. I'm so glad that it was just the cord that needed fixing. Enjoy!
    Doing a Happy Dance for you Bo - what an incredible price!

Than you for the information. Now to find a picture of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mary M
    The Singer link on the information about their sewing machines:
    http://www.singerco.com/support/serial_numbers.html

So, if yours is a Singer here is the information:
    AH763121-798120 model is 15 they made 35000 on Sept 20 1948

Nancy,
    I'm so happy for you!! The least I've ever paid for a working Featherweight is $175, it just needed a good cleaning and oiling.

Blog Entries

Well here are a couple pictures of my new 1953 Featherweight! It is in really great shape -- I can't wait to take it with me to classes! These FW's are so cute, they look like toys! I still can't believe I got a FW for under $100 even after buying a new cord/plug!

Thank yo again Vintagemotif for thinking of me! I will enjoy!

Nancy

My new 1953 Featherweight
    Name:  Attachment-104536.jpe
Views: 114
Size:  55.3 KB

1953 Featherweight
    Name:  Attachment-105278.jpe
Views: 109
Size:  57.4 KB

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostn51
    I dont know but I just made him an offer for all of them! Hopefully I can get them here so I can play with them.

Billy
    Wow Billy, let us know if you get those machines and what they do!!!

Nancy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by trupeach1
    I am hoping someone will have the answer for me. Is the Kayanee sew master sewing machine made in Germany a childs machine or is it just a little machine the way a featherwight looks like a childs and isn't?
    I just did a search on Google and the Kayanee Sew Master comes up as a child's machine made around the 1940's in Germany. It is a cute little machine that takes batteries and has a had crank.

Nancy