Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 251 of 1792 FirstFirst ... 151 201 241 250 251 252 261 301 351 751 1251 ... LastLast
Results 6,251 to 6,275 of 44790

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles
    Quote Originally Posted by vintagemotif

You are welcome! Makes me happy to know that you got your FW. I got all excited last night when I saw the CL post, and I immediately thought of you. I'm so glad that it was just the cord that needed fixing. Enjoy!
    Well here are a couple pictures of my new 1953 Featherweight! It is in really great shape -- I can't wait to take it with me to classes! These FW's are so cute, they look like toys! I still can't believe I got a FW for under $100 even after buying a new cord/plug!

Thank yo again Vintagemotif for thinking of me! I will enjoy!

Nancy
    That's a very pretty Featherweight! I have 3, a Centennial model,1957 and a tan.

Blog Entries
    That is a beautiful machine! And a really great price! I've been looking for one here in Chicago, and of corse on ebay, but really pricey. Congratulations!

You are welcome! Makes me happy to know that you got your FW. I got all excited last night when I saw the CL post, and I immediately thought of you. I'm so glad that it was just the cord that needed fixing. Enjoy!
    Well here are a couple pictures of my new 1953 Featherweight! It is in really great shape -- I can't wait to take it with me to classes! These FW's are so cute, they look like toys! I still can't believe I got a FW for under $100 even after buying a new cord/plug!

Thank yo again Vintagemotif for thinking of me! I will enjoy!

Nancy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by purplefiend

That's a very pretty Featherweight! I have 3, a Centennial model,1957 and a tan.
    Thank you! What does the Centennial model look like?

Nancy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostn51
    I dont know but I just made him an offer for all of them! Hopefully I can get them here so I can play with them.

Billy
    Wow Billy, let us know if you get those machines and what they do!!!

Nancy
    Yes, I want to know about those machines too. They look very interesting with their two wheels.

Blog Entries
    You can't leave you guys in the shop too long, not even a day. You guys come up with the most interesting things to show off. Bo, that is a pretty FW. I haven't see Mz Johnny for a couple days around here. Is she diggin around in her orphan stock and looking for something else to work off of? Purple, are you going to show pics of the Cenntenial FW? Now, all you guys hang tight in the shop and keep your eyes out for Mz Johnny. Have fun.

Banned
    He declined my offer but I am going to look at one in my area that is on CL for $75 with a treadle and all.

Billy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrybsixty
    You can't leave you guys in the shop too long, not even a day. You guys come up with the most interesting things to show off. Bo, that is a pretty FW. I haven't see Mz Johnny for a couple days around here. Is she diggin around in her orphan stock and looking for something else to work off of? Purple, are you going to show pics of the Cenntenial FW? Now, all you guys hang tight in the shop and keep your eyes out for Mz Johnny. Have fun.
    Miz Johnny has been really quiet lately? Maybe she is busy making a quilt on one of her treadles!

Nancy

Im told your the place of all knowing so please help me
    I got this machine in a cabinet i bought at goodwill was just waninting the cabinet so when i got it home the machine runs but the footpetal is bad. can u tell me anything about it

Im told your the place of all knowing so please help me
    I got this machine in a cabinet i bought at goodwill was just waninting the cabinet so when i got it home the machine runs but the footpetal is bad. can u tell me anything about it
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneK
    That is a beautiful machine! And a really great price! I've been looking for one here in Chicago, and of corse on ebay, but really pricey. Congratulations!
    Thank you JaneK and welcome aboard!

Nancy

Blog Entries
    Nancy,
    I'm so happy for you!! The least I've ever paid for a working Featherweight is $175, it just needed a good cleaning and oiling.
    Thank you!

Well I never dreamed I'd get a FW for $75 (before buying the new cord)! Not in a million years!

Nancy

Blog Entries
    He declined my offer but I am going to look at one in my area that is on CL for $75 with a treadle and all.

Billy
    Geeze Billy I hope you get this one! We are all dying to know what it was used for!

Nancy

Quote Originally Posted by cherrybsixty
    I don't have a picture of it yet.lol

Banned

Billy
    Geeze Billy I hope you get this one! We are all dying to know what it was used for!

Nancy
    It was an industrial machine mainly used in clothing manufacture and was reported to sew over 4000 stitches a minute! It was mostly used in seam powered factories where you had a central power source and they had belt going from the central shaft to the machines.

Here is an example of what the factory may have looked like....

Billy

Under the table central power (later design)
    Name:  Attachment-114458.jpe
Views: 119
Size:  102.3 KB

Overhead power
    Name:  Attachment-114459.jpe
Views: 98
Size:  39.2 KB

Blog Entries
    Look at all those machines! The long continuous treadle tables are very interesting.

Thanks!

Thank you! What does the Centennial model look like?

Nancy
    Here are all of my Featherweights.

size comparision, featherweight on the left; 201 on the right.
    Name:  Attachment-89542.jpe
Views: 99
Size:  48.9 KB

Finally got a decent enough pic (BLANK YOU VISTA!)
    Name:  Attachment-91040.jpe
Views: 96
Size:  35.6 KB

centennial
    Name:  Attachment-114321.jpe
Size:  58.4 KB

3 Featherweights
    Name:  Attachment-115347.jpe
Views: 94
Size:  44.9 KB

Blog Entries
    Very nice FWs; I like the white one. How much did that cost ya? understand they go for a lot more.

Banned
    Very nice FWs; I like the white one. How much did that cost ya? understand they go for a lot more.
    Thats a Tan one there and it will break the bank if you had to buy one now. They go for upwards around a grand or so depending on the condition.

Billy

Blog Entries
    Thats a Tan one there and it will break the bank if you had to buy one now. They go for upwards around a grand or so depending on the condition.

Billy
    What!? wow. All that FW repairs and refurbishing that you do should keep food on your table for a long time. Amazing. :)

That's a tan FW, it was $650 in 2006.

Blog Entries
    Wow. I have a tan one that DH got at a yard sale for $75

Hey
    I picked up a treadle yesterday for $25. The machine is in rough shape, the cabinet is fair. The treadle irons are good, just need some oil. Anyway, it is a Wheeler & Wilson D9. I do not plan to get the machine operational, just going to use it as my clean up experimental machine. I plan to use the irons for either a e Singer or e Kenmore that I want to switch to treadle.
    Here are some pics...

treadle cabinet. notice the flap at the bottom of the cabinet? the machine fell out on the way home!!!
    Name:  Attachment-89546.jpe
Size:  67.7 KB

machine
    Name:  Attachment-95075.jpe
Views: 142
Size:  67.1 KB

Forgot to mention that there are two drawers, but they don't match???

The treadle has a wood pitman arm! It is from the 1890's.

Billy, what can you tell me about this machine? I read your post comparing it w/a Singer but is there moe info you can share w/me?

Thanks

Been reading everything but now I have to share. My DH went to the thrift shop and came home with a tan 306k in a cabinet, 5 extra feet, 1 extra belt and 27 cams. Really cheap. All I need is the power cord. Billy, would you happen to have one to sell?
    Attached Images Attached Images

The 306k needs cleaned and spiffed up but moves freely. Also, aren't needles rather special for this one? If so, which ones and where do I find them? TIA