Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 10-21-2011, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Charlee
Originally Posted by melinda1962
Like you all don't know what a Redeye looks like, here is my new toy. She wasn't too dirty, so cleaned up pretty and dang it sews good.
:lol: Yes, but there are Redeyes, and there are very nice Redeyes...your's falls into the later catagory! :)
Thank you!! She is nice for sure. It has the back clamping feet, well I guess just the one foot so far, and is pretty to be so old. It was less than a mile from my house at a yard sale. There is no place like home!! My two 66s are 43 years apart.
Old 10-21-2011, 05:52 PM

Miriam,
The cams from a 306 as well as from other singers, such as the Singer Merritt 2543C, yes a plastic machine, uses the same cams as the 319. My 319 had only one, but I found the others for a song after I realized they would fit it. The needles I got online, and manual as well. Cool little machine as far as I am concerned.
Old 10-21-2011, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Janis
Now I need a little bit of information. What do I need to use to remove rust on some sewing machine feet attachments? Can they be sanded off with steel wool scouring pads like you use on pots and pans? HELP!!
The easiest thing I have found is EvapoRust. You can buy it at Harbor Freight.

Texas Jan
Old 10-21-2011, 05:54 PM
Power Poster

Miriam,
The cams from a 306 as well as from other singers, such as the Singer Merritt 2543C, yes a plastic machine, uses the same cams as the 319. My 319 had only one, but I found the others for a song after I realized they would fit it. The needles I got online, and manual as well. Cool little machine as far as I am concerned.
I've got my eyes wide open...
Old 10-21-2011, 05:58 PM

Like you all don't know what a Redeye looks like, here is my new toy. She wasn't too dirty, so cleaned up pretty and dang it sews good.
:lol: Yes, but there are Redeyes, and there are very nice Redeyes...your's falls into the later catagory! :)
Thank you!! She is nice for sure. It has the back clamping feet, well I guess just the one foot so far, and is pretty to be so old. It was less than a mile from my house at a yard sale. There is no place like home!! My two 66s are 43 years apart.
I'll keep my eyes open...I sometimes run across attachments at a good price.
Wouldn't it be fun to have one of every model 66 they made?
Old 10-21-2011, 06:02 PM

You have a really nice red eye there. This is my favorite machine the 66 I have three 66's. I agree they sew really well and easy to maintain.
Glenn
Old 10-21-2011, 06:08 PM

Cool! A green spartan at goodwill.

http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem.asp?ItemID=8763125
Old 10-21-2011, 06:10 PM

I will help Charlee out and try to find the back clamping attachments for you. they are hard to find sometimes.
Glenn
Old 10-21-2011, 06:11 PM
Power Poster

I'll keep my eyes open...I sometimes run across attachments at a good price.
Wouldn't it be fun to have one of every model 66 they made?
You can say that if you have storage...
Old 10-21-2011, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by Glenn
You have a really nice red eye there. This is my favorite machine the 66 I have three 66's. I agree they sew really well and easy to maintain.
Glenn
Thank you. It seems to sew so solidly, for lack of a better word. Your machines are always beautiful. I have printed out your cleaning solutions to restore the finish on a 1904 cabinet. I will let you know how it comes out.