Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 10-25-2011, 07:29 AM

[quote=BoJangles]
Originally Posted by Suzy

Monica, do you ever have trouble with your stitch when you bind a big quilt? I just got done binding a Queen/King size quilt (100 x 112) on my Betty (Davis Vertical Feed) and I had to go around twice. I couldn't get the stitches to stay uniform. I think because the quilt is so heavy it was pulling too much. I kept taking it off to see if my stitch regulator was messed up - it quilted fine on scraps - but, the big quilt had good stitches then bunched up stitches. This happens everytime I quilt a very large quilt. I don't have that problem when I use my Pfaff 1222e and it has to pull the same way? I'm thinking because it does not have feed dogs that the quilt is a little less stable under the foot?

Nancy
Nancy, My one Davis does that from time to time. Could be numerous situations: either pulling of fabrics, time for more oil, or behind the cover plate all those metal gears needs a good cleaning. Directions on taking the items apart to clean can be found on the Yahoo Davis VF site. I haven't done that yet. I was told to clean the machine, and after cleaning I would be surprised at how much better it stitches and sounds.
Old 10-25-2011, 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by quiltdoctor
Originally Posted by Charlee
That's terrific Jan! Congrats on the ribbon, are you going to post pics? :)
Forgot to attach the pictures. this is a needle turn, hand quilted quilt 65 x 70". Took about a year to do. I got so tired of looking at it. No more large quilts for me.

Texas Jan
Beautiful!
Old 10-25-2011, 07:37 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Glenn
Originally Posted by lee231
The adjustment is from the backside, under the arm, the hole behind the needle bar, needle bar has to be aligned with the hole. Wait for Glen to say how to make the adjustment. b/c I don't know.

Originally Posted by miriam
cocked needle bar
If there is no screw on the front or side of the needle bar then you do have to go to thru the back hole and make the adjustment. It has been a long time since I have done this because you very seldom see this problem. I can't remember if is it allen or flat head screw. Just barley loosen it and turn the bar in the direction you need to go the bar should line up with the hole. the screw will be very tight. And try not to move the bar up or down. It is easier to do with needle in and you use the needle as a quide to insure it is not hitting the face plate or the foot when you make this adjustment.
It is a flat screw. I can see it. I think I will wait for DH to lend a hand. This is going to take the right screw driver for sure. I also found a service manual showed access to that screw. They don't seem to make that adjustment screw particularly easy to access do they? This machine has some paint gouges probably from the foot control but no wear. I bet it came that way and no one used the machine. What a pity.
Old 10-25-2011, 07:52 AM

Has anyone ever heard of a "Belvedere" brand sewing machine?

~ Cindy
Old 10-25-2011, 08:04 AM

do you have a photo of a domestic 151 with the front cover removed? trying to see how everything connects up inside.
Old 10-25-2011, 08:13 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by tropit
Has anyone ever heard of a "Belvedere" brand sewing machine?

~ Cindy
picture?
Old 10-25-2011, 08:26 AM

I can do that. I believe this machine is not terribly old...Ca. 1980s???? I love the color and the sleek, little package this machine makes.

~ Cindy

Belvedere Sewing Machine
[ATTACH=CONFIG]276881[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-276828.jpe  
Old 10-25-2011, 08:28 AM
Power Poster

I can do that. I believe this machine is not terribly old...Ca. 1980s???? I love the color and the sleek, little package this machine makes.

~ Cindy
it's probably a 'badged' machine - Japanese
Old 10-25-2011, 08:31 AM

Sorry...I realize that Blilly would like us to post about earlier machines, but this one is on the cusp and has piqued my curiosity. I hope that you don't mind.

~ Cindy
Old 10-25-2011, 08:33 AM
Power Poster

Sorry...I realize that Blilly would like us to post about earlier machines, but this one is on the cusp and has piqued my curiosity. I hope that you don't mind.

~ Cindy
where else can you go with it???