Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 06-18-2010, 06:48 PM

Thanks so much, I will take your advice on getting a new foot control as I don't have a singer treadle base.
Old 06-18-2010, 06:49 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BZ quilting
Thanks so much, I will take your advice on getting a new foot control as I don't have a singer treadle base.
If you get the chance to buy a treadle fairly cheap then Do it and pop the little rascal in there you will love it!!

Here is mine in my studios treadle.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-88511.jpe  
Old 06-18-2010, 06:53 PM

Sorry to bother again, but is my machine a 15 (so I will know what foot to order) because it does not have the three prong plug like my featherweight or my 66-16 has.

I was stumped when I could not find any information on the web.
And is my machine the same as yours, yours is beautiful.
Old 06-18-2010, 07:04 PM

Hey Billy - Check your PM...might be worth while ;)
Judy
Old 06-18-2010, 07:30 PM

BZ that is a beautiful looking machine. :D
Old 06-18-2010, 07:32 PM

All,

I finally was approved on the Needlebar sight and what a wealth of information. I can spend lots of time there and hope to become more knowledgable. But there are a couple of terms i keep seeing in the descriptions of the machines that I am not sure about.

They are "verticle feed" and "vibrating shuttle". Can anyone explain what they mean?

Thanks Lisa
Old 06-18-2010, 07:53 PM

Add me to the list of clueless about certain words! I have no idea of what a shuttle is. I read alot over there and hope to eventually learn about the wonderful machines I have.
Old 06-18-2010, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by quilt addict
All,

I finally was approved on the Needlebar sight and what a wealth of information. I can spend lots of time there and hope to become more knowledgable. But there are a couple of terms i keep seeing in the descriptions of the machines that I am not sure about.

They are "verticle feed" and "vibrating shuttle". Can anyone explain what they mean?

Thanks Lisa
Lisa,
The verticle feed usually refers to a Davis machine and the its the way the machine moves the fabric along, with the needle as they don't have feed dogs.
Vibrating shuttle is a mystery to me, even though I have one. lol its a long bobbin machine and I think it moves in an arc from side to side.
Sharon W.
Old 06-18-2010, 08:10 PM

Ok.i promised to keep u updated...301a on ebay tracking# 320548112128 at $80 w/1day left. Very nice!
Old 06-18-2010, 08:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by purplefiend
Originally Posted by quilt addict
All,

Thanks Lisa
Lisa,
The verticle feed usually refers to a Davis machine and the its the way the machine moves the fabric along, with the needle as they don't have feed dogs.
Vibrating shuttle is a mystery to me, even though I have one. lol its a long bobbin machine and I think it moves in an arc from side to side.
Sharon W.
Yep you get the prize!!! A VS machine is where the shuttle works in an arc and with its motion it tends to vibrate therefore you have a Vibrating Shuttle machine!!

Billy